OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread round 3 | Bulldogs 32 - 0 Titans

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Awesome match, it just goes to show with decent share of possession and a decent referee performance by the man in the middle, we can be there about’s with a few teams and flog the pretenders

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will copy paste part of my comment in the game thread and add to it…

We can improve in attack heaps and left a few tries out there. Taffy just needed to ground it and Tracey could have snuck that other one. Yet we still comletely outplayed an admittedly very poor opposition.

Now, as far as the game overall, my old man called me in the first half and I said it was a punish, because even though we scored a couple of meat pies it was a slog and wasn’t entertaining, but I admit I was much more entertained and excited as the second half went on, and we gelled a bit better. As mentioned before it will always take many games for a completely new team to find combinations.

It’s still a concern when facing better opposition and let’s face it, Tits were sagging badly today. A lot of it was our pressure etc, but still, they were BAD.

I just hope Ciro makes the right calls. I still don’t think Taffy is it at fb but it will be nigh on impossible to drop him after that. Salmon and Hutch should also be replaced by Patolo and Sexton. There isn’t enough consistency in the forwards play, particularly with Mann subbing on for Salmon. Just play Mann for 80.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeah I get ya, but I’m still in hope there was a reason for what he rolled out the first 3 weeks.
defence has been up there. Really has. Best defence in the last 5 yrs.
The only hope I have is bronsen gets his defensive efforts in order
1. Tracey- strong and safe great runner
2. Fox- Speed
3. Crichton- defensive
4. Xerri- speed
5. Kriaz

it hurts to say that with Wilson in the frame, he’s played so well. Just defending worries me but same goes for xerri.
the only thing is 7 Hutchinson isn’t a number 7 he’s not unlocked anything. He’s ok but not great
If the others step up it seems like CC feels we can get away with Hutch as 7. Probably not a long term successful strategy but how he wants the gameplan atm.

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cant wait for the team song. Big build over the last few weeks.
only question I ever had is can I see improvement. Yep. Slow yea but has there been yes. Sing loud lads. You deserve it!!

Last edited:

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
the team played great footy. Defensively were close to perfect. Great pressure all game on everybody. In attack we found plenty of space. In time that will turn into a lot more points. Combinations on the left side are building well.

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If the others step up it seems like CC feels we can get away with Hutch as 7. Probably not a long term successful strategy but how he wants the gameplan atm.
If it wasn’t for Kiks putting pressure on boyd we win by less. Kiks played like that last week and sharks handled it. If we carry smaller forwards we need a better 1/2 hoping he sees that and he just wanted our defence to be good enough to call in a smaller half

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Super happy for the boys. The gave 110% and had pride in their jersey , they really worked well as a team which we haven’t seen a long time

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Agree
If it wasn’t for Kiks putting pressure on boyd we win by less. Kiks played like that last week and sharks handled it. If we carry smaller forwards we need a better 1/2 hoping he sees that and he just wanted our defence to be good enough to call in a smaller half
Agree on Hutch but CC wont change team.
Like to see Taafe come in as 7.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Home team at Belmore that smashed the opposition yet got smashed by ref in penalties … typical.

fuck ‘em, great win, Boyd needs to be assessed for PTSD

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I get ya, but I’m still in hope there was a reason for what he rolled out the first 3 weeks.
defence has been up there. Really has. Best defence in the last 5 yrs.
The only hope I have is bronsen gets his defensive efforts in order
1. Tracey- strong and safe great runner
2. Fox- Speed
3. Crichton- defensive
4. Xerri- speed
5. Kriaz

it hurts to say that with Wilson in the frame, he’s played so well. Just defending worries me but same goes for xerri.
the only thing is 7 Hutchinson isn’t a number 7 he’s not unlocked anything. He’s ok but not great
Bruh Xerri aint seeing first grade unless injuries. Hes not lighting up reserves either. No one is lighting up reserves. 2 embarrassing losses in a row.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bruh Xerri aint seeing first grade unless injuries. Hes not lighting up reserves either. No one is lighting up reserves. 2 embarrassing losses in a row.
Xerri defence is suspect asf which is natural being out for so long. Needs six months like everyone expected

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Taaffe deserves to be in the team but not at fullback give him a shot at half Hutchinson offers nothing. Tracey at the back.
There might actually be something in this. However, he presumably never ran at HB the entire off-season. Souths will bomb the s**t out of him on GF. Critta and Kiraz have shown that they can handle the high ball under presure so maybe they can help him out against Souths.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We hit the scoreboard , kept a clean sheet, great for the confidence of the team heading into the filth on Friday