OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread | Bulldogs 16 - 20 Souths

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeah but it's dumb play to always play for the penalty, especially when you never get them as it's an obvious milking attempt. Mahoney does so many dumb things from game to game. Ciraldo and the coaches need to get it out of his game or bench him more often if he doesn't..
Some niggling holding on in tackles needs to be cleaned up as well. Looks frustrated. Ciro needs to bring in Cam Smith or similar to chat to him and like to see Critta make it his business to get on his case and also support what he wants from him. In fact like to see Critta back up and run a bit more as well.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd be happy with either Sexton or Mann instead of Hutch. Burton had some good moments today but it's not enough.
Burton is no chief playmaker.. He is still learning the trade and just chimes in when he can.

We need someone who controls this team which lets Burton roam and run freely.

You would imagine how much of a difference a DCE or Reynolds type would help his game as right now he is basically on par with Hutch.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Not sure if its been mentioned yet but we look super fit.

Going off past years, this is a massive improvement.

The fact that we only used 5 interchanges and had both Knight and Hughes play 14 minutes each alot of our other "big" boys put in big minutes.

Idk if I am impressed that we have two guys we only utilise for 14 minutes - like what is the point. If we don't need them maybe we should put Sexton or Turpin on bench...
Not Turpin! Anyone but Turpin :grinning:

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if its been mentioned yet but we look super fit.

Going off past years, this is a massive improvement.

The fact that we only used 5 interchanges and had both Knight and Hughes play 14 minutes each alot of our other "big" boys put in big minutes.

Idk if I am impressed that we have two guys we only utilise for 14 minutes - like what is the point. If we don't need them maybe we should put Sexton or Turpin on bench...
Yep. And also playing 10 mins with 12 men and not even look like conceding a try.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hutch may as well play 13, he likes tacking likes taking hit ups and can be a link man in the middle

need a real 7 running the show
We don’t have one and that’s the issue. Taffe is just finding his feet as a FB don’t want to move him, Karl is injured indefinitely and Sexton…well there’s a reason the Titans shipped him off. Almost gamble on Mann at 7 with Burton kicking extensively but again I’m loathe to move a player who has been close to our best all year

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Some niggling holding on in tackles needs to be cleaned up as well. Looks frustrated. Ciro needs to bring in Cam Smith or similar to chat to him and like to see Critta make it his business to get on his case and also support what he wants from him. In fact like to see Critta back up and run a bit more as well.
Mahoney was only good when Ennis was on staff at Eels. We should steal Jamie Humphries off Manly to be our #14 can play 9 and 7 well. Put some pressure on Reed.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'd even think about giving Bailey Hayward a short stint :grinning:
He has potential no doubt, not ready for first grade yet. If it was up to me he'd be starting 9 in cup for the next 2 seasons with aim to replace Mahoney or at least get #14.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Burton is no chief playmaker.. He is still learning the trade and just chimes in when he can.

We need someone who controls this team which lets Burton roam and run freely.

You would imagine how much of a difference a DCE or Reynolds type would help his game as right now he is basically on par with Hutch.
He's no playmaker fullstop.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What do you reckon about Mann and Hutch swapping roles?
Well we know he’s quicker that hutch.. jokes aside that’s probably what I would run, good footwork decent kicking game and we don’t lose anything in D but I think our biggest issue in attack is Mahoney his sideways shit is driving me up the wall.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well we know he’s quicker that hutch.. jokes aside that’s probably what I would run, good footwork decent kicking game and we don’t lose anything in D but I think our biggest issue in attack is Mahoney his sideways shit is driving me up the wall.
Why cant Guru see this

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Shits me too but Give Mahoney 2 runners and he probably slots one over... These boys are too fixated on the set shifts, nobody knows how to and when to! Thats what is killing me.

And Mann no brainer, u can see who runs the team when he gets on.. Bloke has been around long enough to know how to run a team. Today he was even more captain than Critta was.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Shits me too but Give Mahoney 2 runners and he probably slots one over... These boys are too fixated on the set shifts, nobody knows how to and when to! Thats what is killing me.

And Mann no brainer, u can see who runs the team when he gets on.. Bloke has been around long enough to know how to run a team. Today he was even more captain than Critta was.
If the cahunts going to run from dummy half every play he’s got at least engage the markers or A defender but that fucking side ways shuffle just allows the defence time to get up on the attack, our playmakers are always under pressure from defenders by the time they receive the ball our OBs never get clean early ball