OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread | Bulldogs 16 - 20 Souths

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hutcho/Sexton, could not be more obvious. Can't understand why so many refuse to see it.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
So many people suggesting Taaffe at halfback.. Defensively he'd miss 10 tackles a game. He can't defend in the front line in FG..
Be as good a defensive tackler 7 as the Souths guy, the Rorters guy, better than the Titans guy.
Give him a shot. Played all his footy as a half until Souths put him to FB.

I guess its a case of if Ciro doesn't trust Sexton and we can all see the terrible limitations of Hutch as our 7, then what else can we do to try and get some spark and organisation out of our halves?

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Onto these ref calls, first one, how is milnes knock on enough to overturn it??? I watched taafe vs cronulla get given a knock on when there were 4 hands that could have touched the ball from sharks players and that wasnt overturned even though we couldnt see who had touched the ball?? Then mahoney apparently hits mitchell late, he barely touches him, they score off the back of that, seen James Graham blowing up over it, rubbish calls. Next, wighton hip drop on preston? Blatant hip drop, just because he doesnt break his leg, doesnt mean its not a hip drop? If you throw a punch and miss, its still a pen. Forget that preston was walking in for a try, so its a penalty try, nothing given. Next, taas holding down mann when we have broke? Clearest professional foul you ll ever seen, not given, I honestly couldnt believe my eyes, 2 mins before half, chance to score to make it 18-10 vs 12 men, nothing given, absolute disgrace. Next one, mitchell leading with the knees on fox? enough for fox to have a hia and miss the game and now next week? Nothing given, not even a pen. Shaq Mitchell on preston, i thought hes lead with his shoulder and made contact with the head but on this one, i can see why it hasnt been given. All these decisions however especially the wighton and taas one, clear game changers and on the back of them, we win that. As i said im not defending our performance, we had enough ball to win that, but its every week this, we ve not had a big call go our way for years, its a joke.
So sorry your enter button is broken on your keyboard.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why was Hughes left on the bench until the last 15 mins? Surely being a player down he should have been used more

Give him 15 minutes before halftime and 15 minutes after halftime to get at least 30 mins out of him

If we are only going to use him in the last 15 mins of the game when he won't make a difference, surely making him play maximum minutes in NSW Cup for a few weeks would be better for his match fitness

He is our biggest body and we are severely lacking in go forward. As our number 3 prop why doesn't he come on after 25 mins to help us keep going forward?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Also, even though Mahoney had some great plays last week, most of the game he was taking the wrong option and overdoing it play after play and holding onto the ball for too long.

He kills our attack by running around like a headless chook and giving the forwards no time on the ball. How the coaches don't pull him up on this and just get him to pass off the ground is beyond me.
Just like Grub, where those marker penalties were warranted, they never get given.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was all Reed, Latrell didn’t even complain from what I saw. Dumbest play of the game
You talking about the penalty for the “late hit”. Latrell didn’t even complain? Mate the **** laid dead on the ground until he got the penalty.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Keary plays and Collins is still out we have the slimmest of chances. If Sandon Smith lines up in halves with Walker, we will get fucked.
think sandon Smith is out for a month so it'll be keary and walker in the halves.

dont think roosters will risk collins if its a hamstring injury so hopefully he's out

Kelster

Waterboy
Reaction score
We simply have no trust in playing footy. We refuse to move the ball outside of 1 pass unless forced. Too many 5 hit up sets with no questions at all of the defence. We seem intent on using our speed backs to do hard yard hitups only. i can imagine Critta is thinking " when the fark will I see spread ball to allow me run at the opposition centre with pace and space!!"
Im just a dumbshit spectator and it seems obvious we have invested heavily in high calibre recruits in jerseys 1-6 , but have idea what to do them other than treat them like extra forwards

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Head knock central.

Throw Mann into the halves, surely he has ability to handle it.
I'd be happy with either Sexton or Mann instead of Hutch. Burton had some good moments today but it's not enough.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Why was Hughes left on the bench until the last 15 mins? Surely being a player down he should have been used more

Give him 15 minutes before halftime and 15 minutes after halftime to get at least 30 mins out of him

If we are only going to use him in the last 15 mins of the game when he won't make a difference, surely making him play maximum minutes in NSW Cup for a few weeks would be better for his match fitness

He is our biggest body and we are severely lacking in go forward. As our number 3 prop why doesn't he come on after 25 mins to help us keep going forward?
Crazy. Did the same last week. It's not helping Hughes one bit. We are usually looking for points late in the game and the pressure is on. Guaranteed to be making a handling error due to lack of match fitness when he should have 2 spurts. Or reserves as you said. Crazy.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just like Grub, where those marker penalties were warranted, they never get given.
Yeah but it's dumb play to always play for the penalty, especially when you never get them as it's an obvious milking attempt. Mahoney does so many dumb things from game to game. Ciraldo and the coaches need to get it out of his game or bench him more often if he doesn't..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You talking about the penalty for the “late hit”. Latrell didn’t even complain? Mate the **** laid dead on the ground until he got the penalty.
See the one from Cookie. Comical. Didn't get it but jumped up and ran over for next dummy half play lol.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if its been mentioned yet but we look super fit.

Going off past years, this is a massive improvement.

The fact that we only used 5 interchanges and had both Knight and Hughes play 14 minutes each alot of our other "big" boys put in big minutes.

Idk if I am impressed that we have two guys we only utilise for 14 minutes - like what is the point. If we don't need them maybe we should put Sexton or Turpin on bench...

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone mentioned how bad Salmon has been? Needs a stint in ressies. Why the fuck did he just stop in the line for the no try’s today. Just keep running stupid ****. Offers nothing. Game changes when Mann and Curran come on the field. I love Curran.