OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread | Bulldogs 16 - 20 Souths

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disagree completely. Yes we made our share of mistakes but we constantly get fucked over at key moments in games. We are constantly on the wrong end of 50/50 calls when we are on top and then rewarded with an extra pressure relieving penalty that wouldn’t have gone with us..

FATTREL gets away with murder over and over again and yet we are given no wiggle room ever. Enjoy making excuses for for a shit go, I won’t.
Fattrel is a protected species - politically incorrect to send him off for foul play

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This group of players is learning some valuable lessons. They are trying really hard but key moments of giving away cheap penalties, cheap possession and bombing tries will hurt you in the big games.

Make no mistake this is a big game. It always has a finals feel about it. The atmosphere in the first half was great. Similar to the Parra game we killed ourselves in too many moments. If we hold the ball and complete our sets we probably win the game today.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Morrin was in a souths jersey the try would have been cleared.

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalk
Honestly it was a pretty even reffed game.. the only thing that shits me was how many times we got a 6 again or penalty and Sutton didn't once warn Souths for repeat infringements.

They were allowed to slow us down all game...

That and Mitchell should have been reported which would have released Wilson to come on.

End of he day we blew that game off our own backs.. plenty of opportunities to ice it.

Attack within the 20m red zone will be at the fore front of training next week.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Our massive problem areas

1. Hutchinson is not a half
2. Burton is not a half
3. Salmon is lucky to be in the 17 and he is not a better lock than Mann
4. We only look threatening when Curran is on
5. Sam Hughes is not getting enough time and our bench / rotations are suffering as a result.
6. CC dropping a fit and reliable Wilson for Fox was disgraceful given how fucking unfit Fox looked.

I could list more, but the effort is there, but the club is holding themselves back with some blind faith in some of our players.
I agree with pretty much all of this although I’m not yet convinced the Burton experiment is over - mainly because he’s not a centre either :-).

Hutch is too slow, Salmon too eratic and Fox should not have played. Curran is superb effort wise and I’m wondering why Preston is kinda quiet - even outside his head knock today. We’re getting there (way better than ‘23) but there’s still a couple of head scratchers.