OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread | Bulldogs 16 - 20 Souths

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How fkn funny is it that last year Presto cops a sin bin for a far less hip drop in the corresponding game and we dont and even get a penalty. Fkn bias bullshit
Truth is bias towards us, Taas should have been sent off and Latrell done for contact too, other way around we have been done for all of them.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Doesn’t matter. Facts are facts. Him and Taffy got us the lead 12-10. After losing JAC and the rest that we had to deal with in the 2nd half it was an uphill battle. People lose their minds though, not looking at the why and how. Fact is we probably win of we didn’t have several dropped balls in the 2nd half.
Yeah it kinda does , but I am not going to argue.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah brother I'm a realist, I know we haven't got middles and a spine.

Only "plus" today was even though Sutton was shit and we were more shit, they fluked a 4 point win.
Our middles haven’t let us down this year.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Even taking out all the whatifs about selections and bench rotations etc, considering the mountain of bad luck and decisions that went against us, we actually did well. We had way worse luck this year, but had the chance to win it at the death. That says plenty about our character tbh.

Didn’t we lose JAC in the same game last season?! Wtaf. Or was it Kiraz? Pretty sure JAC gone v Bunnies and Kiraz v Parra one week either side. Last year they tore Alamoti to shreds when that happened.
We lost Fox in the corresponding game yes

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Bro its too soon for you bullshit fkn lol
C'mon bro - copped a hiding from everyone who wanted to be teabagged by Analsley and everyone was warned - I'm taking tickets.

So its now time to collect them. Didn't take long did it :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Reaction score
So he should. He tried hard and probed the line but his lack of pace stops any half chances from materialising.
OK ...so my solution for Hutch is this.
We know he's slow...really fucking slow!!
When he digs into the line ...we need inside & outside backup players ready to capitalise on his clever ball skills

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Our massive problem areas

1. Hutchinson is not a half
2. Burton is not a half
3. Salmon is lucky to be in the 17 and he is not a better lock than Mann
4. We only look threatening when Curran is on
5. Sam Hughes is not getting enough time and our bench / rotations are suffering as a result.
6. CC dropping a fit and reliable Wilson for Fox was disgraceful given how fucking unfit Fox looked.

I could list more, but the effort is there, but the club is holding themselves back with some blind faith in some of our players.
Summed up in 6 points... (for a start)

axeman23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
People on here are infatuated with Fox on here. He's only played 3 real great games for us against Parra, Roosters and Titans.
And the balloon animal and his mate Skelton have played ZERO great games, yet large sections of the Kennel won't shut UP about them... :sweatsmile:

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree.
I dont like the special treatment Latrell gets, but this was not the case here.

All i saw was a FB coming across to defend his tryline. He didn't do anything radical. He simply used his body to defend his line which hes entitled to do.

Its unfortunate but the consequence of a contact sport and on a player who is using a small corridor to score. Its inevitable.
Since when can FBs drop a hip into a player that has already gone into touch?

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We are on the right track, the team still hasn’t clicked or gelled yet we are in these games.

Take out the dud ref calls, this game and the Sharks game are even closer.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Salmon has to go at a minimum after today. Curran and amann clearly Fkn stronger

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
No it's a good fixture we should keep it going. Yes we were robbed again

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why did Burton take the kick after our last try?
Because we arent thinking.
As soon as Critta passed to Tracey and before he even scored, i was yelling at the TV to forego the goal kick.

Either way, you need a try to either win or send the game to golden point. You cant afford to lose seconds on the clock.

But our team (and mostly Burton) are not smart. In fact i reckon Critta may have said to forgo the kick, but Burton may have overuled him.

This team just doesn't think. They habe no match awareness. No IQ.

If DCE comes onto the market, offer him 1.5M for 2 years. We need someone clutch with brains

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bitch and whinge all you want about the reffing, blah, blah, blah .... it was the Bulldogs inept excuse for attach inside the Souths 20 that cost the game. Might be a bit controversial, but I know that some clubs employ a dedicated attack coach under their head coach. I think it might be time the Dogs considered doing this. If there is no money available under the football department soft cap, get rid of one or two of those no name hangers on we see in the box and appoint a dedicated attack coach. Surely this is worth considering, Gus?