OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Round 5 | Bulldogs 30 - 26 Roosters

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm actually surprised they haven't brought the second ref back because it does get a bit chaotic and it'd hard to imagine one guy with minimal input from the sideline is seeing everything in real time.. I mean for one he can only look in one direction at a time.
Yes, the 2nd ref was brought in because of the perception that the game was becoming too fast, hectic and complex for 1 ref to manage alone. Was hoped it would take away the obvious missed events that can turn games and to manage the ruck and 10 metre rule, which was becoming too “skinny” under 1 ref. Also removed adjudication on scrum feeds.
The 2nd ref was removed for well known reasons.
I’d agree, I think now, somehow they may need to reconsider a 2nd official on the field as a secondary pair of eyes to support the primary controlling ref, with a very a clear restricted mandate on their role.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You trying to get me banned again for a week, jks jks jks jks jks
Sorry bro, just a light hearted joke to turn my mood around after that putrid 2nd half from hell.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
burto to centre was solid I think but I agree he is better at 5 8 for us right now. It was made worse because his long kicking game is infinitely better than Hutch and we kept deferring to hutch for kicks when burto was in centre
I’m sure people have said previously that he could still be the main kicker at centre, but it’s simply not realistic. Being two positions wider, kicking from centre is not ideal AT ALL. That’s the main reason I wouldn’t move him from 5/8th. We struggled without a big kick downfield to force the Rorts back.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also anyone know what happened to Patolo? Played like 12 mins. People don’t want to mention that we were down to a 2 man bench, with one bloke playing with a broken hand in that 2nd half?
Got a stinger down his neck so didn’t play after his first stint as precaution. I was critical of him not getting many minutes and assumed it was because he hasn’t played much footy since last year, but it was actually because of that neck concern. Similar to Mann staying off for more than I would have liked. It was because his hand was broken, not because of Ciro ‘s bench rotations.