OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Round 5 | Bulldogs 30 - 26 Roosters

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Taaffe was just coming good, he got a lot of confidence back and we were starting to see us with a good Fb, something we haven’t had since Barba. It’s a pitty. And he can also steer the team around too. Sexton is algood, I like that he plays what’s in front of him at speed an can make a decision and put the play on with no time.

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Critta was getting driven back when returning the ball from fullback , Critta had a chance to stop most of those roosters tries but just wasn't quick enough or able to hold the ball up

Tonight proves he's definitely not our 1st option at fullback.

Tracey better play fullback next week if taffe is out
Salmon was moved to the centres rather than wing. So Crichton played fullback rather than Tracey.
Xerri, JAC and Wilson can all take up a wing spot next week so Tracey can play fullback.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Robbo can suck a fucking bondi cock. I’m glad they got close and lost now, fuck that ****.

wtf happened at half time…Kiks 149m in the first half, 18m in the second half.

Kautoga only got 23min? I’ll gladly have him on the bench again next week.

Salmon has to go back to nsw cup, he is shithouse.

Mann needs to be starting from now on.

critta is a better centre than fb. Let Tracey play fb next week.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There’s a lot of sh!tting on the team given that second half effort, however, highlighted these three points:
1. We put ourselves in a strong position to begin with with great intensity and desire executing perfectly
2. Despite the extra man, we had to stop the bleeding from 6 agains and roosters generating good ruck speed and scoring back2back2back tries.
3. They got the win regardless and had their own injuries, a few were playing busted toward the money end of the game

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
still shouldn't of conceded 20 points with an extra player and then another 6 points with 2 extra players
Agree of course. But, we can't get hung up on the ifs or maybes. We won the game. We need to learn and develop as a team, but we always knew this.

Onwards and upwards as I say. We can only get better from that.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’ll give you boys some insight..remember the 2020 grand final. Storm were up 24 nil or something and Penrith come back to within a try . Similar to this game. Storm were the better team but when they got up by so many they didn’t know what to do with so much at stake. That’s how the boys felt tonight
But unlike the Storm we were playing 12 and then 11 players lol

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It was the right move, and even if it took a few forced positional changes to happen, it shows that Burton at centre is not 100% out of CCs mind, and we also got a chance to see it, and it looked pretty good in the context of things.
What did Burton do at centre tonight? Apart from scoring a try against a 12 man Roosters side with a second rower to run pass. Burton did nothing except run into a gaping hole, he didn't beat anyone.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
think we need to add an outside back as 18th man from now on
The "18th" man should be a wildcard; an additional player selected from the remainder of the listed squad, at the discretion of the coach depending on the situation that causes the activation.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It was like 2 different teams ran out. Tbh it would have had to do with structure aswell we shifted around our spine taffe out our centre to fullback our 5/8 to centre then 18th man to 5/8 it was a shit show. We looked good with our first team and taffee impressed while he was on.
need to work on it for next week
So when Sexton came on I couldn’t work out who was where as wasn’t Salmon in the centre to start the second half?

Did Hutch really stay the 7 all game. FMD

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I saw a lot on here wanting Chriton at fullback, Burton to left centre, and Sexton in the halves.
Well you got your wish tonight and we were worse.

Hope that puts you bunch of fucking idiots back in your stupid box.
Couldn’t have said it better myself

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
And I can live with that bro, some get it done don’t but it pisses me off that the same fuckwits will put the slipper into the club and the coach for leaving him in Reggie’s to work on his defence.
Bro, picking between Sexton and Hutch is like picking between Biden and Trump.... basically you're picking pig shit or cow shit lol

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
But unlike the Storm we were playing 12 and then 11 players lol
To be absolutely fair, the Rorters started the second half with 13 again, and he was the best go-forward they'd had all game. He got their momentum going. Without him, the Dogs run in another 26 unanswered...

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Dont get me wrong ill take the 2 points for sure, but i wish i had stopped watching at halftime.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Critta will prove to be a a great signing. 800k for him is better than 800k for staggs
LOL. Staggs has great middles and a gun 7 in front of him. We are putting the horse before the cart. Ferrari on a dirt road.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m watching the replay now. Judging by a lot of comments on here, should I bother watching the second half? Were they that bad?

No you watch it just have your defribulator handy