OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Round 5 | Bulldogs 30 - 26 Roosters

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
O'Neil Woods and potentially Karl once he's allowed back will all be fighting it out for halves spot within the next 2 years
Agreed, he may not end up our long term 5/8 but until some of those kids are ready, this Burton isn't a 5/8 talk needs to stop, everyone needs to realise he is the best option we have at the moment until someone else comes along or emerges.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Some on here saying the ref got the rioters back in it…. Get your hand off it!
They were down Tedesco & Walker and Young was sent off plus Radley was binned!!
there is no way a ref could get them back in the match if he tried, it just shows how shit we are
Really? U miss the leg up penalties to give them momentum?

Those 6 agains and penalties when they dropped the ball were so soft and blatant way to help them.

Not complaining we got our fair share tonight as well but to say the refs didnt do anything, nahhhhh.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Also how bullshit was Hughes on report for a tough tackle? Someone explain how that was a penalty for a completely legal tackle on Suallii??

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ciraldo said in press conference that Mann broke his hand and Tracey played second half with hamstring strain, said a lot of busted blokes in the sheds. Kikau looked like during the song he was favouring his left knee.
That explains why Mann was benched for so long I guess. My fandom of him only increases knowing he came back on with a broken hand. He was my best or second best.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
*were, in the second half.

The second half does not make us permanently awful, just as much as the first half doesn't make us permanently divine.
we are nothing like the bulldogs I grew up supporting, we are soft, no one is held accountable and we celebrate things that would embarrass teams from previous eras

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I almost walked away with 10 to go... i thought fcuk it, ill just check it later. Then i think something good happened, then i relaxed, then Topou scored and just thought fcuk it i'll just knife myself in front of the tv.
Pretty much ditto for me as well mate :laughing: .... Fucken hell ....

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bleating is an under statement they showed highlights on Fox League. He was going off.
Lol, cry me a river **** . . . You have no salary cap and can't win with the best roster in the league . . . He couldn't coach water to run down hill

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your alter ego 04Dreaming is conspicuously absent . . . Consolidation due to the global crunch ? Or just morphed due to lack of relevance ? Where is that wank sock when we win ?
The only person I talk too outside this page is Flanagun and he’s got 3 months. I’m my own person no one else. We have already worked that out. As for other people except Flanagun I have zero idea.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Really? U miss the leg up penalties to give them momentum?

Those 6 agains and penalties when they dropped the ball were so soft and blatant way to help them.

Not complaining we got our fair share tonight as well but to say the refs didnt do anything, nahhhhh.
still they had 12 & 11 players to our 13 and they lost their fullback and half, we shouldn’t have leaked 26 points just on refs decisions

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're one of the biggest Burton haters on here. Surely even you can give him credit and admit he was great in the halves tonight
He didnt do anything extroardinary that a 5/8th would do. His 3 tries had nothing to do with him being at 5/8th, centre, FB or even second row...

I won't bash him tonight as he hardly put a foot wrong but i certainly wouldnt say he did anything to prove he deserves the 5/8th spot.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol, cry me a river **** . . . You have no salary cap and can't win with the best roster in the league . . . He couldn't coach water to run down hill
When the presser is on YouTube I will post it up hahahahaha

Robinson is always a treat in defeat. I don’t get why he’s rated as a great coach and Cleary isn’t. I take Cleary any day.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
we are nothing like the bulldogs I grew up supporting, we are soft, no one is held accountable and we celebrate things that would embarrass teams from previous eras
Yeah we aren't what we were in 80s, much of the 90s, and mid 00s. And we've all been waiting for too long for finals footy. But I'd like to see you go and tell Kurt Mann anything about soft tonight, or go tell the entire squad from 2021 that there is no accountability.

And I seem to recall there being plenty of games from the glory days when we played badly and lost, or played badly and won. Pretty sure we've always taken every win.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our problem began after Young got sent off, apart for the Mahoney ball to Hughes for the try at halftime we began going back to our old playstyle.

That is we have the lead, it's time to shut up shop and defend our lead. When the second half kicked off we actually got the first penalty and what do you know on the second tackle we make a mistake.

We have absolutely no killer instinct, the 'Dogs of old especially in the early 2000s would've sensed it and gone for the kill. Opposition teams can sense this and then the Roosters score, our response should've been to brutalize them in defence, but instead of maintaining the line speed we had all of the first half we decide to go back to the umbrella defence and let them make a bucket load of metres. Yes the refs didn't help but we also did not help ourselves at all either.

We had no excuses to not be able to defend, we barely had to in the first half, and frankly we should be expecting to defend periods of the game given that everything went our way in the first half, as the refs will always even it up or give the opposition team a leg up. If we kept them to 1 try, and kept battering them, a few mistakes on the Roosters behalf AND we don't shrink into a shell and go with one out running, we could've easily pegged them for a few more tries to shut the game out before they even had any real momentum.

This is down to our culture, we just aren't ruthless, we are more like puppies than Bulldogs

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The only person I talk too outside this page is Flanagun and he’s got 3 months. I’m my own person no one else. We have already worked that out. As for other people except Flanagun I have zero idea.
Keep your hair on Gladys, I was taking the piss . . . Although,I have only blocked 2 people and flanagun was 1