Positives v Negatives thus far

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It was good to get out to watch the boys live last night despite the result as can always get a better gauge on how we are tracking which the camera does not always capture on TV.

7 weeks in, I think we could write an entire encyclopedia on what is going wrong! If you dig deep enough there are some positives too (honestly there is).

Here are some of what gives me hope and what grates me. (I will only keep it to 7 each)

POSITIVES
1. We are largely injury free (B Moz we knew about prior to season)
2. 4 wins 3 losses after 7 games has us in a solid (not great) but solid position on ladder
3. We know if Lichaa inevitably gets injured again - Garvey can step in if not out shine him.
4. On form only Klemmer should get selected for NSW which will not impact our side too much.
5. Raymond Faitala Mariner trade - this kid has the goods just needs a shot (not an Elliott 0-6 min shot)
6. It is only 7 rounds down so we have another 17 to go minimum before playoffs (just remember summer is a looooong time with no footy)
7. We have seen glimpses of our attack clicking (Manly & Bunnies) as well as our defense winning us games (Storm)

NEGATIVES
1. Contract negotiations - sign them up already or don't but either way let us know!
2. Des pride - Drop players that don't perform! Promote others that do and be willing to change up the game plan!
3. Sunday Hoppa - The guy is playing really well but for 3 straight weeks will be watching on by his own choice.
4. Structure too defensive - borderline negative footy. The halves put up pitiful up and unders that a 10 year old could catch just so we can jam them down there. Dying with the ball on the last as well, needs variety.
5. Energy, lack of line speed - In the games we lost we looked down on energy, someone give these mofos some pre workout juice!
6. Individuals below par - You can carry 1, 2 maybe 3 guys per game having quiet outings but not anymore. Last night the vast majority may as well of stayed in Melbourne
7. T Rex - no comments necessary.

If we can beat the Titans (home), Eels (away but home if that make sense) and Tigers (away but home) that will give us 7 wins out of 10 games which I would take in a heart beat pre season. All 3 games are winnable with the Eels being the toughest (hopefully they get deducted their points by then so they show up with a sht attitude)

Fk I hate losing!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Line speed and kick chasing we have none , that does annoying me . But knowing des is set with his autistic routine theres fuck all that will change.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Holland is a positive.
Was going to mention this, the bloke did some good things yesterday which impressed me. Its a shame that crappy NZ wind made it hard to kick goals though, wouldn't of had that problem in Sydney yesterday

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Klemmer is playing shit. Why should he get selected for origin.
Assassin is right that holland is a positive and probably our only positive.
Holland the rookie is playing better then our entire team. Proves that players need a shake up.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Klemmer is playing shit. Why should he get selected for origin.
Assassin is right that holland is a positive and probably our only positive.
Holland the rookie is playing better then our entire team. Proves that players need a shake up.
Do you really think Klem is playing shit?

Reactions: GDR

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you really think Klem is playing shit?
Lets say he is means no origin haha, I hope origin doesn't take our players and makes some of them wake up and see they aren't that great at the moment.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yh Holland is a real find
Klemmer is NOT playing shit

Reactions: GDR

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Negative..... since 2012 too much power has been given to the coach, millions spent, no result (des). Our once proud junior development is in shambles (des)..... worse thing is, i still think #indeswetrust

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Do you want him to try ball play????

He is a genuine front rower who bends the line, hits hard and has a motor. What else do you want.
He does not bend the line. He running is dumb and not targeted at all. He hits the line and get dominated. Plays the ball slower than under 6s and is a bench player at best. Everyone wanted him to start over Tolman and Graham. Team got dominated when he started.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Klemmer is shit? Well that will do me ayeee hahaha

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ohh and Eastwood is a negative. Played his only decent game of the year last week and has returned back to his overrated self again.

cLEBrity

Mujnoon
Reaction score
We are the only side that does not run decoys or sweeping backline moves, we have a shit kicking game, our players never run on to the ball, 2 useless halves, a coach with a massive ego ad is overrated and a control freak, our hierarchy is all about money, all our fowards think they are halfbacks, we have bytch in she rex wasting money, we have a flop throwing the ball at his team mate, we have plodders like Tolman who needs to get the fark out of dummy half, we have J Morris a centre who refuses to pass to his winger and gets beaten week in week out 11 tries down his side which includes the over rated Mbye what positives? K Holland and soon enough Des will ruin him to, Any team with a half decent forward pack dominate us and their halves and backline do the rest. Pathetic from the club and coach as far as i am concerned , that Belmore game is unforgivable and hard to swallow , people are still hurting from that one . Des screwed up the minute he let Ennis go and then releasing Pritchard, and still kept Williams 5 runs last nite 38 meteres, againts Canberra it was 4 runs fuking 24 metres disgusting.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Des needs to make a stand and put trex in nsw cup enough is enough

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He does not bend the line. He running is dumb and not targeted at all. He hits the line and get dominated. Plays the ball slower than under 6s and is a bench player at best. Everyone wanted him to start over Tolman and Graham. Team got dominated when he started.
No, no, no. I can count on one hand how many times he had been dominated in his career. You never see Klemmer go backwards. If I have one complaint it's his instance on every now and again needing to try to be clever with the ball.

He should be starting with Tolman, Graham at Lock

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Klem has been below his best but I think will still see a bench spot for origin.

Status
Not open for further replies.