players staying down

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
One thing turning me off the game quicker than the terrible refs is players staying down for the penalty, watching games over the weekend I saw it time and time again where players would run up to the player and hold him down and you could see (sometimes even hear them) saying stay down, stay down!

Some players are worse offenders & do it multiple times in a match, they only need to feel a gentle autumn breeze against their cheek and they drop like they've been shot by a sniper.....and we know how much the bunker loves to jump in to the game!

its getting more and more like soccer with more acting than sporting ability being put on show each weekend, its time for the NRL to start cracking down on these fake dog acts, possibly with a 5 minute sin binning?

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Ay, it's not all bad, we're opening a door to signing soccer players now. If anyone can go down like a sack of shit and get a penalty, it's a soccer player.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's shit and I fucken hate it !
Video ref shouldn't be allowed to intervene unless it's a send-off.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Rugby league USED to be played by men... now it's just pretty boy poofs

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
One thing turning me off the game quicker than the terrible refs is players staying down for the penalty, watching games over the weekend I saw it time and time again where players would run up to the player and hold him down and you could see (sometimes even hear them) saying stay down, stay down!

Some players are worse offenders & do it multiple times in a match, they only need to feel a gentle autumn breeze against their cheek and they drop like they've been shot by a sniper.....and we know how much the bunker loves to jump in to the game!

its getting more and more like soccer with more acting than sporting ability being put on show each weekend, its time for the NRL to start cracking down on these fake dog acts, possibly with a 5 minute sin binning?
I agree with you on most points 100%. Of course, because of the delay, we have the bunker getting involved, giving a side who may be doing it tough a breather because a tackled player has stayed down. I guess the referees are not doctors so the possibility of an injury being overlooked is always on their minds, but more and more now you see the referee stop play , tackle is looked at, no action deemed necessary, so the referee then directs the player who by now is on their feet to simply play the ball. Huge waste of time and another disruption to the game. On the other hand you see a piddly incident sanctioned against with a player on report after the bunker has got involved giving a free interchange and a rest to the 'diver'.

Would be very difficult to 100% prove the player has faked it so use of the sin bin probably out of the question.

Let's be realistic they don't even use it in the normal flow of play when they should for professional fouls when there is ample proof of an illegality, so one could imagine they would have even greater difficulty in these dodgy incidents.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can see why they call it the Bunker now, soon enough it will be under siege by pissed off fans.

It should be used for in goal only none of this going back 100m rubbish

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Yeah they are all annoying tactics that go against the spirit of the old game but unfortunately the new game has let it get like this and I would be disappointed if we did not try and exploit a crap rule to get an advantage to win a game.

Every other team will..

Status
Not open for further replies.