Players don’t look happy..

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Has Barrett already lost the dressing room??
Weren’t there players surprised at how relaxed our off season was?

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Players lacking confidence and even Burton and JAC who have come from a winning culture look lost and confused.

Club needs to act fast because if they don't the stench will be permanent and no matter who we get as a coach in the future they will struggle to turn it around.

It all showed on Friday, we had the lead and threw the game.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Players lacking confidence and even Burton and JAC who have come from a winning culture look lost and confused.

Club needs to act fast because if they don't the stench will be permanent and no matter who we get as a coach in the future they will struggle to turn it around.

It all showed on Friday, we had the lead and threw the game.
I remember something Gould said before he took over.” The bulldogs don’t have a salary cap problem they have a winning problem”

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Few of them were at Belmore yesterday watching NSW Cup - seemed happy enough - encouraging the cup side - gave Malaki Retchford a good cheer when he went on.

* May be they were happy they weren't playing NSW Cup!

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely a winning problem, it’s been in-bedded into the dna it seems. And you gotta feel for Jac and co as their confidence has taken a MASSIVE blow. It’s there in “blue and white” for us too see.!!!
TB the human vacuum

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Of course they're not going to be happy. They're 1-6 this year and 4-27 under Baz. Every player hates losing..

Now it seems like they've tuned Baz out and have stopped buying in. We're not a team, just full of individuals who play selfish footy most of the time. Once you lose the dressing room and they lose respect for the coach, then you know it's all downhill from there... All the players have lost confidence and the longer these results continue the more it seems likely Baz might be fired in the next few weeks before he does more damage.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course they're not going to be happy. They're 1-6 this year and 4-27 under Baz. Every player hates losing..

Now it seems like they've tuned Baz out and have stopped buying in. We're not a team, just full of individuals who play selfish footy most of the time. Once you lose the dressing room and they lose respect for the coach, then you know it's all downhill from there... All the players have lost confidence and the longer these results continue the more it seems likely Baz might be fired in the next few weeks before he does more damage.
He’ll be fired in the next month unless he comes up with something to turn things around fast.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So he'll be fired in the next month then. :sweatsmile:
Shit sorry mate (still waking up) I repeated exactly what you said. He’ll definitely be gone soon, he has lost the team. They don’t look like winning under this bloke.

Last edited:

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Winners have parties, losers have meetings. Remember that?
I agree. Also when you see the Fox trying to fire up the team, none of them react. Supposedly through the Kennell there is a meeting this week. Baz should be gone shortly or they will keep him until the end of the year and pay out next years salary.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't believe the dressing room is lost. I have seen tons of effort from all players in every game. Sometimes i feel they are trying too hard, pressing to make stuff happen instead of letting it come naturally.

Not suggesting Baz is a good coach. His record says otherwise, but i don't believe the players have stopped trying or are not buying in.

What i do see is a team that is as mentally fragile as any i have seen ( 35/5 will do that), and desperately lacking leaders and talent in the important positions needed to control games.

Time after time when the game is on the line we fold. This has been going on since before Barrett was here.

I am not convinced our plight is simply all about bad coaching.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't believe the dressing room is lost. I have seen tons of effort from all players in every game. Sometimes i feel they are trying too hard, pressing to make stuff happen instead of letting it come naturally.

Not suggesting Baz is a good coach. His record says otherwise, but i don't believe the players have stopped trying or are not buying in.

What i do see is a team that is as mentally fragile as any i have seen ( 35/5 will do that), and desperately lacking leaders and talent in the important positions needed to control games.

Time after time when the game is on the line we fold. This has been going on since before Barrett was here.

I am not convinced our plight is simply all about bad coaching.
Effort is there but confidence, belief, cohesion aren't and the mood of the squad has worsened significantly. I think the players have lost faith in Baz.

We're also unfit and ill disciplined which is a reflection on the coach when it's a recurring problem and he has a 4-27 record with us..

Problems were there before Baz but they've gotten worse since he's taken over and are still issues with a way better squad this season.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Effort is there but confidence, belief, cohesion aren't and the mood of the squad has worsened significantly. I think the players have lost faith in Baz.

We're also unfit and ill disciplined which is a reflection on the coach when it's a recurring problem and he has a 4-27 record with us..

Problems were there before Baz but they've gotten worse since he's taken over and are still issues with a way better squad this season.
We may have a better squad but our spine is still very ordinary.

We have added some mag wheels and souped up the engine, but still don't have a steering wheel.

The fitness stuff is conjecture.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We may have a better squad but our spine is still very ordinary.

We have added some mag wheels and souped up the engine, but still don't have a steering wheel.

The fitness stuff is conjecture.
The fitness stuff isn't conjecture when we fade badly for large periods of games and can't keep up physically with other teams.

The spine is still ordinary but the coach is doing nothing to help the players improve individually or the team improve week to week. Having Jackson try and play as Bradley Clyde and letting JMK continually kill the attack is purely down to bad coaching

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
You’d think if Baz was reading the tea leaves he’d be looking at every possible solution including punting Ferris for someone to get the team in shape. I admire the loyalty but sometimes it’s every man for himself. If he wants to keep his job there’s no room for kumbaya.