News Player who walked out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
regardless of inside information… purely based on public information… I am just asking why Dreaming and Polly are supporting one player, yet calling another player weak, when they both have openly shown their respective mental struggles.
Because:
A) They are clowns
B) They are trolls
C) When half the kennel turns on them as happened in another thread they found this topic to hang their hat on and claim righteousness.

If in doubt please refer to A and B above

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks the player in question won't score a future NRL deal is crazy. If it's the player people allege he's only 22. Players have waltzed back into Top 30 squads after four year bans. Another player who's in his mid 30's is on train & trial at the Roosters of all clubs after a 3yr ban. Player managers control the game. Again if it's the player alleged his manager looks after some very elite players including one who showed little interest in wanting to come to our club very recently. I tip he will be at another club once the matter is settled. I don't think it's fair the alleged player is being attacked. According to the article it's a legal matter it's in the hands of lawyers don't add to potential damages claims. We've only heard one side of the story. It's sad people in here have no care for mental health. It's not a laughing matter. It's not a harden up matter.
He wasn’t good enough to make the first grade side regularly of a team running last so why would you think he’s going to waltz right back into an NRL side?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
@Flanagun Gould re-signed him for 2yrs in 2022 so he must have been good for Gus to hand out a 2yr deal
Never said he wasn't good. He is a little on the small side for an NRL backrower, though. Having said that, I hope he does get an opportunity somewhere else.

PS Not like Gus to change his mind. How out of character lol

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So as you yourself here stated, you have all the so called clown crew blocked, so I’d say at some stage you didn’t agree with their comments, got sick of the negativity, got sick of the club bashing, or at some stage or other they all pissed you off …

So does that make you team “Knob Gobbler” … maybe, as you think you’re so clever here & think you have it all worked out … you’re Boss, or maybe even King “Knob Gobbler” ..
Sounds like 'King of the KNOBS! or a Clown in disguise?

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You should probably wait to see what happened before you shoot your mouth off too much.
That's right, you were there, I forgot you were the tick stuck on Topine's testicles when he was 'abused'... boohoo. I guess the 'tick' knows all after all.

Hotdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As for Mahoney. It was never implied about mental health or mental well being. He's also never been on any form of sick leave. He said he had doubts during the season whether he made the right move coming to the club. The hypocrisy is that before the season started he was in the thick of all the over hype. If he did have issues he received support. He was expressing doubts about a decision he made whether he made the right move to join the club.
So a player public discusses his struggles of expectation, did he make the right choices, is he the person to lead the club, can he rebuild himself form the bottom up… and you don’t think this has any flags of mental well being???… fuck me, no worries, how about we have a forum rule that no player can be exempt from mental health ridicule unless the publish an authorised psychological assessment… in which case stop defending JT until we see the stamped paperwork.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why did Gus re-sign this alleged player for 2yrs in Sep 2022 when there were doubts about him? If there was no market value for him and not really deemed to be NRL standard these types of players can be signed to 1yr deals.

We have to ask questions why are players being signed for multi-year deals and not wanted well before their contract is up. One year deals cause less damage for a club. People wonder why Roosters seemingly have no cap issues for starters they're not playing for players to play at other clubs something Penrith no longer has issues with these days they did previously.

As for Mahoney. It was never implied about mental health or mental well being. He's also never been on any form of sick leave. He said he had doubts during the season whether he made the right move coming to the club. The hypocrisy is that before the season started he was in the thick of all the over hype. If he did have issues he received support. He was expressing doubts about a decision he made whether he made the right move to join the club.

I rate Marshall-King a better 9 and would never have flicked him off. I wouldn't have had Mahoney captain. Fox was my choice. I can see mistakes Gus has made with recruitment and retention since he took complete control in July 2021. People here blindly support one person to the point it's a cult. People bagging the alleged player for not being NRL standard need to ask the question why was he re-signed for 2yrs instead of 1yr? Same as RFM being re-signed for 3yrs after coming back from the surgery complications with his injury. I don't support giving one person complete control of club operations.

To the clubs credit they have learned from the over hype of last year other than postings from Jobels we haven't heard much about our squad. Xerri is the exception and there's always going to be the redemption stories. The overkill on that has died down. They have done well to downplay the season ahead as best they could outside of the mandatory media grabs they have to do as part of the NRL terms of licence agreement.

This could have and should have been resolved immediately. We are still yet to hear from the side of the alleged player in question other than the fact he wasn't late for training.
Plenty of players get resigned to play NSW cup doesn’t mean they are first grade players.
They are only backup if needed.
Why are you so invested in this ?
Is it cause it’s negative towards the club?
Please tell where did you hear that he wasn’t late ?
I’ll wait.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Never said he wasn't good. He is a little on the small side for an NRL backrower, though. Having said that, I hope he does get an opportunity somewhere else.

PS Not like Gus to change his mind. How out of character lol
@Flanagun Polly wants to suck your craker.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Plenty of players get resigned to play NSW cup doesn’t mean they are first grade players.
They are only backup if needed.
Why are you so invested in this ?
Is it cause it’s negative towards the club?
Please tell where did you hear that he wasn’t late ?
I’ll wait.
Don't bother man. These people don't understand there's a whole Reserves squad that need players too.. Every club signs or re-signs somewhat average players to their second tier cap to fill out the NSW Cup squad.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't bother man. These people don't understand there's a whole Reserves squad that need players too.. Every club signs or re-signs somewhat average players to their second tier cap to fill out the NSW Cup squad.
Yet to read one post by these clowns that contains anything that can’t be derived from google or personal opinion. Just wait.. you’ll see.. more info to come.. all will be revealed [emoji23]

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yet to read one post by these clowns that contains anything that can’t be derived from google or personal opinion. Just wait.. you’ll see.. more info to come.. all will be revealed [emoji23]
Yep.. Clearly the club tied him to a chair while making him play Russian Roulette with 5 bullets.. All will be revealed once the footage is released by the club.. I have a leaked version here..

9mOY.gif

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You might be right about him being too small... but the fact he earnt an NRL contract at his size proves one thing - he isn't a "pussy" as some are saying.
How about we replace pussy with determination/effort? Some of his lacklustre efforts at marker (for the opposition to score tries) were definite signs of lack of determination

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why did Gus re-sign this alleged player for 2yrs in Sep 2022 when there were doubts about him? If there was no market value for him and not really deemed to be NRL standard these types of players can be signed to 1yr deals.

We have to ask questions why are players being signed for multi-year deals and not wanted well before their contract is up. One year deals cause less damage for a club. People wonder why Roosters seemingly have no cap issues for starters they're not playing for players to play at other clubs something Penrith no longer has issues with these days they did previously.

I rate Marshall-King a better 9 and would never have flicked him off. I wouldn't have had Mahoney captain. Fox was my choice. I can see mistakes Gus has made with recruitment and retention since he took complete control in July 2021. People here blindly support one person to the point it's a cult. People bagging the alleged player for not being NRL standard need to ask the question why was he re-signed for 2yrs instead of 1yr? Same as RFM being re-signed for 3yrs after coming back from the surgery complications with his injury. I don't support giving one person complete control of club operations.

To the clubs credit they have learned from the over hype of last year other than postings from Jobels we haven't heard much about our squad. Xerri is the exception and there's always going to be the redemption stories. The overkill on that has died down. They have done well to downplay the season ahead as best they could outside of the mandatory media grabs they have to do as part of the NRL terms of licence agreement.

This could have and should have been resolved immediately. We are still yet to hear from the side of the alleged player in question other than the fact he wasn't late for training.
Just with regards to club captain.....
IMO, they have 2 key roles.

1) off the field, they have to portray and articulate the clubs image. They must communicate well and be the people's majority choice.

2) on the field, they must be able to speak to the refs in a way that can have positive influence to the teams fortunes. This means they must have good communication skills, good repoire and keep emotions in check. They must also be respected by their own players.

What they don't need to be, is the highest paid, or longest serving member, don't need to be a rep player or most popular. In fact I couldn't gives a rats arse if they are one of the youngest. If they can be (1) and (2), they are good enough.

On that note, it can't possibly be JAC. He sounds like a clown. Can't be Burton, sounds like.... worse than a clown.

Mahoney seems the logical choice and I'm glad they went with him although he needs to work on his emotions and being able to sway a ref.

I actually would like to see Hutch being made VC. If he can hold a spot in the 13 (which I think he will), I believe he speaks well enough to make a good captain.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
@Flanagun Gould re-signed him for 2yrs in 2022 so he must have been good for Gus to hand out a 2yr deal
Get your hand off it.

Gus came to a club struggling, that had no juniors and needed a clear out of the playing group. He took some gambles on some players, gave them an opportunity to take and then when it didn't work out, he dumped them. It was completely to be expected in how he managed the roster of a club that had been down the bottom for 7 years.

@Flanagun is a genuine poster, I've gotten along with him ever since I joined this forum in 2016, and he genuinely cares about the club

But you and 04dreaming are agenda driven muppets. While I may not have posted for a long time, I have been lurking.

Groups who oppose you are blinded muppets too (because flanagun does raise valid concerns which are falsely accused as trolling), but you and 04dreaming are agenda driven muppets.

Status
Not open for further replies.