Morrin

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Soft soft and soft . I’m certain if there was any such thing of dramatic torture then more than one would stand up and speak . He trained the rest of the week before he decided to chuck a fit over it . Do not believe this childish games . The intensity is as high as it gets now at the dogs ( very long hour days )

players are just not use to 7-5pm shifts and it’s caused the uproar . It is Abit over the top the hours but their is only one way out of this shit we’ve been in and that’s hard work and driving standards . Kudos to CC if he stays persistent with it .
Last year was torture for players and coaches but CC will be better for it and needs some luck to go his way early in the season .
Would be nice if he stops breaking our players at training this season.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If I was to predict cc lineup id say it will go like
Taafe
Jac
Crichton
Tracey / xerri
Kiraz
Burto
Hutcho
King
Mahoney
Sutton
Kiks
Presto
Curran

Patolo
Knight
Salmon
Morrin
Is this for round 1 ?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have read through this thread and everyone's opinion on all things.
To those supporting the club, I agree with you.
To those supporting the player in question, I agree that the law will probably side that way and the dogs will have to cough up some form of settlement.

That's my opinion based on actually knowing fuck all about the nitty gritty details.
Based purely on what I have read on the kennel and in the news.

Let's see how it all unfolds

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fam, as long as you’re not calling him weak and a pussy without knowing the details like some of the people on here, I have no issue. All I’m saying is people shouldn’t judge the guy without knowing the details.
If it is about the alleged player the club re-signed him in 2022 for another two years. All the posts praised him and the club for keeping such a dedicated and hard working player. Those now bagging this player have all changed their tune. Who are those with the agendas again?

We have only heard one side of the story, we have only heard one side of the leaks and we've had employees jumping on their podcasts slamming the alleged player. Enough leaks have happened to know who the player is.

What we do know is that the player allegedly in question was not late for training as he did not require any strapping and therefore he arrived early.

The alleged player does NOT deserve personal abuse or football abuse thrown at him. The player people allege was re-signed in September 2022 after the appointment of Ciraldo. There were only 2-3 negative comments towards him re-signing.

I believe this is a matter that could and should have been resolved straight away.

Now it's a legal matter I think we need to give some respect to the alleged player. It's clearly unresolved. We don't want to provide any possible ammo damages claims the lawyers can use do we?

As for those saying the alleged player won't get another crack to make it back to the NRL once this has been resolved he will easily get a Development or Train & Trial deal with another club or a deal in the UK. He hasn't committed a crime that's warranted in an NRL stand down. He hasn't been suspended by the Club or NRL. He hasn't breached any code of conduct rules. He wasn't issued with any termination notices. Every NRL club including ours thinks they can make successes out of other clubs rejects and this will be no different. He's only 22.

If it is the player people allege he does share the same manager as AFB.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If it is about the alleged player the club re-signed him in 2022 for another two years. All the posts praised him and the club for keeping such a dedicated and hard working player. Those now bagging this player have all changed their tune. Who are those with the agendas again?

We have only heard one side of the story, we have only heard one side of the leaks and we've had employees jumping on their podcasts slamming the alleged player. Enough leaks have happened to know who the player is.

What we do know is that the player allegedly in question was not late for training as he did not require any strapping and therefore he arrived early.

The alleged player does NOT deserve personal abuse or football abuse thrown at him. The player people allege was re-signed in September 2022 after the appointment of Ciraldo. There were only 2-3 negative comments towards him re-signing.

I believe this is a matter that could and should have been resolved straight away.

Now it's a legal matter I think we need to give some respect to the alleged player. It's clearly unresolved. We don't want to provide any possible ammo damages claims the lawyers can use do we?

As for those saying the alleged player won't get another crack to make it back to the NRL once this has been resolved he will easily get a Development or Train & Trial deal with another club or a deal in the UK. He hasn't committed a crime that's warranted in an NRL stand down. He hasn't been suspended by the Club or NRL. He hasn't breached any code of conduct rules. He wasn't issued with any termination notices. Every NRL club including ours thinks they can make successes out of other clubs rejects and this will be no different. He's only 22.

If you're speaking of me as saying he's not good enough, I've said that since his first few games in 1st grade. I questioned his re-signing based on prospect but could understand it based on team harmony (given his status amongst the squad).

So no, go back to the drawing board, JT's ability in 1st grade (and whether he'd make it or not) has always been questionable

4Runner

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
players are just not use to 7-5pm shifts and it’s caused the uproar . It is Abit over the top
If there are players up in arms over a 10hr day then I'm shaking my head. I feel silly having to mention the fact there are people who have to work more hours to feed their families in jobs they dont like. I dont find it over the top if articles Ive read are true that there are younger players getting up hours earlier to fit in abit of training before work and then back to do abit after work.

Hotdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

So when Mahoney personally spoke about his struggles with being captain, his inability to influence the team on the field as well as he thought he could, etc, Dreaming04 called him weak + immature (twice) and you gave it a thumbs up… but in this scenario you are switching the other way… the reason for that is?

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So when Mahoney personally spoke about his struggles with being captain, his inability to influence the team on the field as well as he thought he could, etc, Dreaming04 called him weak + immature (twice) and you gave it a thumbs up… but in this scenario you are switching the other way… the reason for that is?
He won’t reply doesn’t fit his agenda, @04 Dreaming and @Polly Power are both weak individuals.

4Runner

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
...theres more to the story. If I had a dollar everytime I heard that...ooops sorry wrong thread :grinning:

Hotdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
regardless of inside information… purely based on public information… I am just asking why Dreaming and Polly are supporting one player, yet calling another player weak, when they both have openly shown their respective mental struggles.

4Runner

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
regardless of inside information… purely based on public information… I am just asking why Dreaming and Polly are supporting one player, yet calling another player weak, when they both have openly shown their respective mental struggles.
Yeah sctaching my head abit too mate.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
If you're speaking of me as saying he's not good enough, I've said that since his first few games in 1st grade. I questioned his re-signing based on prospect but could understand it based on team harmony (given his status amongst the squad).

So no, go back to the drawing board, JT's ability in 1st grade (and whether he'd make it or not) has always been questionable
You might be right about him being too small... but the fact he earnt an NRL contract at his size proves one thing - he isn't a "pussy" as some are saying.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Leave Britney alone 2024 in here
Crazy some junk has all this inside info but didn't see his mates flanagan waddell and okonbor being turfed

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why did Gus re-sign this alleged player for 2yrs in Sep 2022 when there were doubts about him? If there was no market value for him and not really deemed to be NRL standard these types of players can be signed to 1yr deals.

We have to ask questions why are players being signed for multi-year deals and not wanted well before their contract is up. One year deals cause less damage for a club. People wonder why Roosters seemingly have no cap issues for starters they're not playing for players to play at other clubs something Penrith no longer has issues with these days they did previously.

As for Mahoney. It was never implied about mental health or mental well being. He's also never been on any form of sick leave. He said he had doubts during the season whether he made the right move coming to the club. The hypocrisy is that before the season started he was in the thick of all the over hype. If he did have issues he received support. He was expressing doubts about a decision he made whether he made the right move to join the club.

I rate Marshall-King a better 9 and would never have flicked him off. I wouldn't have had Mahoney captain. Fox was my choice. I can see mistakes Gus has made with recruitment and retention since he took complete control in July 2021. People here blindly support one person to the point it's a cult. People bagging the alleged player for not being NRL standard need to ask the question why was he re-signed for 2yrs instead of 1yr? Same as RFM being re-signed for 3yrs after coming back from the surgery complications with his injury. I don't support giving one person complete control of club operations.

To the clubs credit they have learned from the over hype of last year other than postings from Jobels we haven't heard much about our squad. Xerri is the exception and there's always going to be the redemption stories. The overkill on that has died down. They have done well to downplay the season ahead as best they could outside of the mandatory media grabs they have to do as part of the NRL terms of licence agreement.

This could have and should have been resolved immediately. We are still yet to hear from the side of the alleged player in question other than the fact he wasn't late for training.

Status
Not open for further replies.