News Player who walked out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Whatever, bro. I honestly couldn’t give less of a shit what you think of me. All I want is for people to stop piling on and attacking Topine. The truth will come out in good time.
In a convenient turn of events for many proclaiming to be in the know, any settlement is usually accompanied by a non disclosure agreement. So anything said publicly after settlement will be guesses or sensationalism without confirmation of any source that neither the club or player will be able to confirm or deny.

I'm all for supporting the player. I'd guess that his manager has gotten in his ear on this insisting on chasing an additional payout as well as his contract value given that it's a new manager still probably wanting a quick commision. Just a guess though.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We may as well have played with an NRL squad of 20 last year between injuries and players underperforming.

imagine Preston in a decent side - he would have made origin and I wouldn’t be surprised if this year he did!

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be careful he might say you have multiple accounts and you use all of them to attack him.
The frown clowns will continue to get called out for the rubbish they make up and try to pass off as fact or as though they are in the know. They’ve been proven time and time again to be full of it.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
In a convenient turn of events for many proclaiming to be in the know, any settlement is usually accompanied by a non disclosure agreement. So anything said publicly after settlement will be guesses or sensationalism without confirmation of any source that neither the club or player will be able to confirm or deny.

I'm all for supporting the player. I'd guess that his manager has gotten in his ear on this insisting on chasing an additional payout as well as his contract value given that it's a new manager still probably wanting a quick commision. Just a guess though.
Name one time before this I’ve ever claimed to be in the know or have inside mail, fam. Others may do that, but I never have. The reason I spoke up this time is because I believe my mail is good in this case. And if it’s on the money, there’s a lot more to it than that. But anyway, happy to let it play out.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Name one time before this I’ve ever claimed to be in the know or have inside mail, fam. Others may do that, but I never have. The reason I spoke up this time is because I believe my mail is good in this case. And if it’s on the money, there’s a lot more to it than that. But anyway, happy to let it play out.
While you’re at it buy a lottery ticket. You’ve got more chance of getting the power ball numbers than any inside info

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
While you’re at it buy a lottery ticket. You’ve got more chance of getting the power ball numbers than any inside info
I have insider knowledge on what those numbers will be, but unfortunately I can’t say for obvious reasons ..

Really strong source to .. bloke at the pub told me ..

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I only care if there is serious breach by the club, otherwise fix processes and make sure it doesn't happen again.

Also he's not getting another contract anywhere else, not because of this incident but because he's had ample opportunity in 1st grade and shown that he's too small. Won't make it.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As interesting and entertaining (not!) as the kennel turf war between the "Clown Crew" & the "Knob Gobblers" has been this off-season, are we ready for some footy this Thursday? It's a huge test for Ciraldo and his newly assembled squad. We will know much, much more about our prospects for 2024 over the next two weeks. All of what they have prepared for will be on show for a pre-glimpse of what's to come.

To me, there is very little difference (read: none) between the constant negativity of the "Clown Crew" versus the mindless fanboi positivity of the "Knob Gobblers" (both partisan, unwarranted, and naive in surprisingly similar manners). There is a truth, somewhere in between these extremes about where the club actually is, and how the re-builders are going about their work (yes, they are under pressure to perform, just like the players - as it should be).

Everyone (unless you're not really a Bulldogs fan) wants improvement & success and we're all working under (very) tested patience - understandable after seven+ years; Bulldogs do not handle mediocrity and failure well - nor should we.

It is perfectly okay to expect a better performance from Gus & Ciraldo (without being labeled "Crown Crew" by the "Knob Gobblers") and it is perfectly okay to reject the abject negativity, doom & gloom of the "Clown Crew" (without reverting to "Knob Gobbler" over-reaction).

Funny story: by happenstance, it seems I have everyone in the "Clown Crew" already "blocked" (it's a very useful site feature - more should use it; totally free too ;)) - I get to see them mentioned only as responses from"Knob Gobblers", who seem to be able to post about nothing else than their obsession with their "Clown Crew". It's as if using "Clown Crew" at least once in their post signals to the group (herd?) their bonafides as members of team fanboi-betacuck.

Anyways, the block feature is "inclusive" (DEI style) so can be used "liberally" and equally for "Knob Gobblers" - carry on...

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Could there be more to the story?
There very likely is. No way this goes legal over hurt feelings re: training "punishment" (there'd be no case there) - it has to be based on negligence/duty-of-care/lack of fairness/due-process, etc.

I find it bizarre (hilarious?) that people are lambasting Drunkfield for his gutter-trash musings (as he should), yet at the same time base their entire assessment of this situation based off reports he has been proffering (as if his allegations are facts on the record about what's happened/happening).

Why is it assumed that "the case" is about not wanting to wrestle/upset about "punishment"? Indeed, Gus has intimated already that there are unrelated incidents at play.

As I have said previously, entirely speculative. Yet we have "two sides" (the "Clown Crew" versus "Knob Gobblers") in a turf war for playground privileges on matters they have absolutely no knowledge of.

These groups need to get a room and stop pretending they're anything other than two sides of the same coin.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There very likely is. No way this goes legal over hurt feelings re: training "punishment" (there'd be no case there) - it has to be based on negligence/duty-of-care/lack of fairness/due-process, etc.

I find it bizarre (hilarious?) that people are lambasting Drunkfield for his gutter-trash musings (as he should), yet at the same time base their entire assessment of this situation based off reports he has been proffering (as if his allegations are facts on the record about what's happened/happening).

Why is it assumed that "the case" is about not wanting to wrestle/upset about "punishment"? Indeed, Gus has intimated already that there are unrelated incidents at play.

As I have said previously, entirely speculative. Yet we have "two sides" (the "Clown Crew" versus "Knob Gobblers") in a turf war for playground privileges on matters they have absolutely no knowledge of.

These groups need to get a room and stop pretending they're anything other than two sides of the same coin.
If there is more to it, we'll soon find out. Til then, baseless speculation achieves nothing.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As interesting and entertaining (not!) as the kennel turf war between the "Clown Crew" & the "Knob Gobblers" has been this off-season, are we ready for some footy this Thursday? It's a huge test for Ciraldo and his newly assembled squad. We will know much, much more about our prospects for 2024 over the next two weeks. All of what they have prepared for will be on show for a pre-glimpse of what's to come.

To me, there is very little difference (read: none) between the constant negativity of the "Clown Crew" versus the mindless fanboi positivity of the "Knob Gobblers" (both partisan, unwarranted, and naive in surprisingly similar manners). There is a truth, somewhere in between these extremes about where the club actually is, and how the re-builders are going about their work (yes, they are under pressure to perform, just like the players - as it should be).

Everyone (unless you're not really a Bulldogs fan) wants improvement & success and we're all working under (very) tested patience - understandable after seven+ years; Bulldogs do not handle mediocrity and failure well - nor should we.

It is perfectly okay to expect a better performance from Gus & Ciraldo (without being labeled "Crown Crew" by the "Knob Gobblers") and it is perfectly okay to reject the abject negativity, doom & gloom of the "Clown Crew" (without reverting to "Knob Gobbler" over-reaction).

Funny story: by happenstance, it seems I have everyone in the "Clown Crew" already "blocked" (it's a very useful site feature - more should use it; totally free too ;)) - I get to see them mentioned only as responses from"Knob Gobblers", who seem to be able to post about nothing else than their obsession with their "Clown Crew". It's as if using "Clown Crew" at least once in their post signals to the group (herd?) their bonafides as members of team fanboi-betacuck.

Anyways, the block feature is "inclusive" (DEI style) so can be used "liberally" and equally for "Knob Gobblers" - carry on...
So as you yourself here stated, you have all the so called clown crew blocked, so I’d say at some stage you didn’t agree with their comments, got sick of the negativity, got sick of the club bashing, or at some stage or other they all pissed you off …

So does that make you team “Knob Gobbler” … maybe, as you think you’re so clever here & think you have it all worked out … you’re Boss, or maybe even King “Knob Gobbler” ..

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So does that make you team “Knob Gobbler”
It was at this point 1967 realised (but probably not) he'd F#%k-ed up. This, right here, demonstrates you missed the point.

you didn’t agree with their comments
Not necessarily. Just found the repetitiveness or trolling unworthy of my time & effort. Took the appropriate steps - more should do it.
Not saying they're good or bad. Probably just immature kids for all I know.

My observation was simply that many "Knob Gobbler" references to the "Clown Crew" are in response to posters I have blocked. Don't worry. I envisage a not-too-distant future where more conversations have both participants blocked - but, one must be careful with the "spam filter" - can't be too aggressive and miss out on some genuine insights from otherwise sensible fans.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was at this point 1967 realised (but probably not) he'd F#%k-ed up. This, right here, demonstrates you missed the point.

Not necessarily. Just found the repetitiveness or trolling unworthy of my time & effort. Took the appropriate steps - more should do it.
Not saying they're good or bad. Probably just immature kids for all I know.

My observation was simply that many "Knob Gobbler" references to the "Clown Crew" are in response to posters I have blocked. Don't worry. I envisage a not-too-distant future where more conversations have both participants blocked - but, one must be careful with the "spam filter" - can't be too aggressive and miss out on some genuine insights from otherwise sensible fans.
You only referenced two teams, clown crew & knob gobblers, as you stated you’d gone to the trouble of blocking all the clown crew, it wasn’t a stretch to put you on team knob gobblers ..

But after reading your above comment, I get the feeling your on team Lynchpin all the way .. that’s fine, nothing wrong with being your own priority ..

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yes, the people defending Topine are WOKE-ists... which is exactly why the world is screwed up presently. No room for cry-babies like Flanagan and Topine in League. Back in the early 80's, instead of pies at halftime, Dallas Donnelly and Bruce Gibbs would have eaten these pussies instead.
You should probably wait to see what happened before you shoot your mouth off too much.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I only care if there is serious breach by the club, otherwise fix processes and make sure it doesn't happen again.

Also he's not getting another contract anywhere else, not because of this incident but because he's had ample opportunity in 1st grade and shown that he's too small. Won't make it.
Fam, as long as you’re not calling him weak and a pussy without knowing the details like some of the people on here, I have no issue. All I’m saying is people shouldn’t judge the guy without knowing the details.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Fair enough, bro. All I’m asking is that people stop hating on the guy. Apart from that, I’m more than happy to let things run their course.
Is it bad I really don't care (footy wise)? we have better things to worry about as a club.

If he has legit mental issues then in not going to bag him. But we all know the mental card gets thrown around too easily these days and you can't blame anyone for questioning if it's legit or not.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fam, as long as you’re not calling him weak and a pussy without knowing the details like some of the people on here, I have no issue. All I’m saying is people shouldn’t judge the guy without knowing the details.
Bro from reports and the outside (with no inside mail), to me it looks like he was a bit weak ( again from outside reports)

I'm assuming he finally realised he wasn't going to make it as a 1st grade player and added with the extra training or punishment, he just crumbled.

As I said from outside looking in, without any inside mail, it doesn't look too serious (from the clubs perspective)

But that's what it looks like to me. It will go to a legal case that will squash it and as I said if it's ultra serious then yes serious repercussions, if not fix processes and move on.

Just don't think JT will ever be good enough for first grade, so this may be his final payout too.

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Soft soft and soft . I’m certain if there was any such thing of dramatic torture then more than one would stand up and speak . He trained the rest of the week before he decided to chuck a fit over it . Do not believe this childish games . The intensity is as high as it gets now at the dogs ( very long hour days )

players are just not use to 7-5pm shifts and it’s caused the uproar . It is Abit over the top the hours but their is only one way out of this shit we’ve been in and that’s hard work and driving standards . Kudos to CC if he stays persistent with it .
Last year was torture for players and coaches but CC will be better for it and needs some luck to go his way early in the season .

Status
Not open for further replies.