News Player who walked out

Status
Not open for further replies.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah … very regrettable situation. Hope the club learns from it. There’s going to be some ugly headlines and negative media attention coming out of this.
Maybe mid week round 1 double page spread Rothfield special…

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not quite.
No employer can make you do physical or emotional things as punishment and just get away with it. They have a duty of care for the welfare and wellbeing of the player.

Wrestling can be a dangerous activity that can place a person in a very vulnerable state. I think we can all attest to being in the bottom of a rumble and struggling to breathe or move. Don't know if this player got to that level or not but judging by his reaction, he must have or at least been.close to it.
NRL is a dangerous activity. Topine was punished for being late to training and had to wrestle some blokes. Who gives a fuck. I wish i could train al the time and be pushefto the limit. Jackson couldn’t cut it and litigation makes him look like more of a bitch in my eyes. Fkn softcock shit

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Different situation I know, but remember, this is the same rag mag reporter who was on the Coffs Harbour blood trial too.

its agenda driven by this maggot. He has ZERO concern for the kid’s welfare, ZERO
This is the thing, the agenda driven flogs who pretend to be supporting Topine as a means to try and put the boot in ultimately make things even worse for the poor bloke. They are the height of hypocrisy, and the lowest of the low.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
NRL is a dangerous activity. Topine was punished for being late to training and had to wrestle some blokes. Who gives a fuck. I wish i could train al the time and be pushefto the limit. Jackson couldn’t cut it and litigation makes him look like more of a bitch in my eyes. Fkn softcock shit
If labor party had there way, you’d never be able to sack a worker/employee again no matter what discretion. We sacked couple blokes 2-3 years ago for basically not doing there job. I’d hate to see how we’d go now with labor in charge. Probably have to give the shit ***** a promotion!!!!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Pretty much all your comments mention the, “When the truth comes out” … or that you’re “in the know” really, what could the club have possibly done at training that’s such a hideous crime ..

Most people have mentioned that they feel for the bloke if it’s legit, does he have a history, has he ever been on medication, or was it just this one thing that’s triggered it …. surely you know there’s going to be a stigma to it when there’s a big payout involved ..

I also note you’re hiding under the “it’s currently in legal proceedings”

Just use a disclaimer … say you heard on the grape vine, at the pub, or through a 3rd party .. finish of with, I want to say this is just what’s being said around the pub talk … what’s your source .. ?

You and the team have previously been known for enjoying anything that drags the clubs name through the mud .. if you know something, give yourself some credibility for a change ..
Ah, should have known you’d throw your 2 cents in… all the usual suspects lol

I have not gone out of my way to paint the club in a negative light. I have expressed genuine misgivings about the recent decision making of the two people running the team and the club’s footy operations. I have also made a concerted effort to tone that negativity down because I’m aware it grates on a lot of people here. (Not because I was threatened by mods, as you implied in a previous passive aggressive comment… I made that decision, myself.)

Having said that, I am not going to sit back and say nothing while people pile onto and attack the character of a young player who has been on mental health leave for six months. Especially knowing what I know.

I haven’t said a single negative thing about the club in this thread. Let alone say it committed a “hideous crime” as you suggest in your very hyperbolic post. All I have said is that there is more to the story than is currently public knowledge, and the people on here attacking Topine’s character should refrain from doing so until the full story emerges.

I am only going to say this one more time. I’m not going to divulge my source. I was told what I know in confidence and the trust of the person who gave me this information means a hell of a lot more to me than the opinions of a bunch of strangers on the internet who clearly don’t like me anyway.

I really don’t care how much credibility I have in your eyes. You hold no credibility in my eyes. We reached an agreement we would not engage with each other months ago, and while I have done my best to stay true to my word, you have continued to talk about me behind my back and try to engage me in direct comments. It is clear you are a person who can not be taken at your word.

You talk about a possible financial windfall for Topine? This incident may well have cost him an NRL career. He has every right to take it to court and try to establish he has been wronged if that’s what he believes. And clearly if is what he and his legal team believe.

The fact you are coming at me, who has said nothing recently except that people should avoid making insulting and derogatory comments about a guy who has clearly had a rough run of things lately in terms of his mental health, rather than calling out some of the toxic and over the top comments being directed at Topine on this thread really speaks volumes about your character, mate.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I think I’m going back to trying to ignore you. I’d suggest you stay true to your word and do the same. If you continue to talk negatively to or about me, you will be reported for bait posting. These new community guidelines apply just as much to you as they do to the rest of us.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Maybe mid week round 1 double page spread Rothfield special…
Wouldn’t surprise me. Honestly, I will take no joy in it. But I do think Topine deserves to be heard given some of the rubbish being talked about him.

Having said that, Rothfield is an agenda driven, bitter old man. No doubt in my mind about that.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
You don’t have links to anyone.
Admitted not a member and takes the high horse route of ‘I wouldn’t give them my money’ but is totally in the know here. In reality it’s just another excuse for a tome from the people’s policeman. It’s cool - all will be revealed when @04 Dreaming releases the crucial associated text which of course he says he won’t ‘due to sensitivity’. So I asked for the first four words, which doesn’t incriminate anyone and of course…crickets.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score

I have not gone out of my way to paint the club in a negative light. I have expressed genuine misgivings about the recent decision making of the two people running the team and the club’s footy operations. I have also made a concerted effort to tone that negativity down because I’m aware it grates on a lot of people here. (Not because I was threatened by mods, as you implied in a previous passive aggressive comment… I made that decision, myself.)

Having said that, I am not going to sit back and say nothing while people pile onto and attack the character of a young player who has been on mental health leave for six months. Especially knowing what I know.

I haven’t said a single negative thing about the club in this thread. Let alone say it committed a “hideous crime” as you suggest in your very hyperbolic post. All I have said is that there is more to the story than is currently public knowledge, and the people on here attacking Topine’s character should refrain from doing so until the full story emerges.

I am only going to say this one more time. I’m not going to divulge my source. I was told what I know in confidence and the trust of the person who gave me this information means a hell of a lot more to me than the opinions of a bunch of strangers on the internet who clearly don’t like me anyway. All I’ll say is it’s not just someone from down at the pub. It’s someone who has contacts at the club, and also from within Topine’s legal team, which is why I have been saying this is likely to end up in court for months. These things rarely end up in courts. Generally the player is either released or an agreement is reached through some sort of mediation process.

I really don’t care how much credibility I have in your eyes. You hold no credibility in my eyes. We reached an agreement we would not engage with each other months ago, and while I have done my best to stay true to my word, you have continued to talk about me behind my back and try to engage me in direct comments. It is clear you are a person who can not be taken at your word.

You talk about a possible financial windfall for Topine? This incident may well have cost him an NRL career. He has every right to take it to court and try to establish he has been wronged if that’s what he believes. And clearly if is what he and his legal team believe.

The fact you are coming at me, who has said nothing recently except that people should avoid making insulting and derogatory comments about a guy who has clearly had a rough run of things lately in terms of his mental health, rather than calling out some of the toxic and over the top comments being directed at Topine on this thread really speaks volumes about your character, mate.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I think I’m going back to trying to ignore you. I’d suggest you stay true to your word and do the same. If you continue to talk negatively to or about me, you will be reported for bait posting. These new community guidelines apply just as much to you as they do to the rest of us.
I may be naive here but surely if what the club did was that immoral, the RLPA would’ve exposed the shit out of them.

Respect that you can’t divulge but the only reason this ends up in court is an interpretation of a clause in a contract and whether either party is in breach.

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you seen the traffic around Sydney these days?

Makes LA look like a Sunday....
Hence why I said arrive to your work place ahead of the scheduled time. To get yourself the ready for work, procrastinators will never blame themselves

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I may be naive here but surely if what the club did was that immoral, the RLPA would’ve exposed the shit out of them.

Respect that you can’t divulge but the only reason this ends up in court is an interpretation of a clause in a contract and whether either party is in breach.
No way the RLPA would get involved when there’s potential legal action in the works, mate. They can’t be saying or doing anything that might prejudice court proceedings.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
This is the thing, the agenda driven flogs who pretend to be supporting Topine as a means to try and put the boot in ultimately make things even worse for the poor bloke. They are the height of hypocrisy, and the lowest of the low.
Sure Psycho Doggie. It’s the people who are defending Topine who are the problem. Not the people who are making the vile and abusive comments towards him…. Or those who are liking them.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sure Psycho Doggie. It’s the people who are defending Topine who are the problem. Not the people who are making the vile and abusive comments towards him…. Or those who are liking them.
I’ve said nothing but I want the best for the kid, but if he wants to take the club to court then I hope he loses.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score

I am only going to say this one more time. I’m not going to divulge my source. I was told what I know in confidence and the trust of the person who gave me this information means a hell of a lot more to me than the opinions of a bunch of strangers on the internet who clearly don’t like me anyway.

You have just spent about 4 hours putting this piece of garbage post together encouraging people to talk negatively to you by talking negatively about a Member with common sense. I am hopefully another ban for you is just around the corner?

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’ve said nothing but I want the best for the kid, but if he wants to take the club to court then I hope he loses.
He will lose, no case to answer. How many junior players don't cut it in the main game, 95+%. He is one of them, he is just crying louder than most. Having the 'mental health' to take the rigours of professional sport is part of the job requirement, he failed the 'meeting standards' component of his contract. No doubt he will be paid out by the Club to help him address his (pussy) demons and he will end up in Reserve Grade at another club (probably the Dragons).

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes, the people defending Topine are WOKE-ists... which is exactly why the world is screwed up presently. No room for cry-babies like Flanagan and Topine in League. Back in the early 80's, instead of pies at halftime, Dallas Donnelly and Bruce Gibbs would have eaten these pussies instead.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t see how either side “wins” out of this (not sure what a “win” is at this point).

But there can be no doubt the Drunk Dribbler is the biggest loser…fancy using a young guy’s mental health as clickbait.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
God forbid members of this forum ever have kids who come to them with a mental health problem. Poor kids will be told there pathetic weak c___ and told to f____ off
Great analogy a*s-clown. 'Family members with mental illness' is not a comparison to observing a footballer who couldn't cut it due to inferior mental health. Face facts, he wasn't up to the job. A professional sports team can't carry people with illness, or else any player with any injury or illness would be on their financial books forever. Yes we are sorry you are mentally unstable and hope you are getting help. At least your mother didn't invest in the notion of infanticide or we would have missed out on your expert comments and information.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have just spent about 4 hours putting this piece of garbage post together encouraging people to talk negatively to you by talking negatively about a Member with common sense. I am hopefully another ban for you is just around the corner?
What do you expect from a self confessed troll?

He’s nothing but a clown with a frown

Status
Not open for further replies.