News Player who walked out

Status
Not open for further replies.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who’s we?
04 is praying for something to go bad at the club, what kind of a person is that?
It’s funny how you and your crew care so much for topine but yet your crew don’t mention anything about what happened with des and his training causing death, funny how your crew has double standards.
Can you imagine a player dying at our club…… yeah exactly.
This has absolutely nothing to do with titmus so why would we bring that into it. Why are u bringing it up? Everyone can acknowledge that his situation was tragic

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn’t graham already give it to him over this issue?
Yes but I think once the legal stuff is settled buzz is allowed to tell more freely about it and I reckon he’s gonna talk a whole bunch of shit might even interview the said player on 360 lol

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
How is it deflecting?
I told you about how your crew works and you dismiss the whole argument.
We have a player with mental health and your crew is crying wolf but not once they mentioned anything about titmus.
Do you see how it’s only bulldog related issues get brought up by your crew and it’s always negative.
We just won all of the lower grade Games where the support from your clown crew?
All you did is draw a false equivalence between a living player who is being aggressively and maliciously vilified on here, and a young player who tragically passed away and is receiving universal sympathy. The circumstances surrounding the former players’ death are still under investigation. There’s nothing at all wrong or hypocritical about waiting for all the details to come out.

For the third time today, I am not asking you to make any negative judgments about the club. All I am asking you to do is hold off on judging Topine until details surrounding the incident emerge.

I have made a concerted effort to be more positive in my posts about the club recently. I know you have noticed that, because you have liked a number of my posts. All I have done is ask you not to judge a young bloke until you know the full story and you start insulting me and calling me a hypocrite.

No offence, but I’m not going to reply to any more of your posts on this matter. You seem unwilling of unable to discuss it in a mature, respectful manner. The tribalism is strong in you, bro.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Until you provide FACTS, I’ll continue to see you as a big noting liar. The fact you take what Rothfield says as gospel speaks volumes also.
Whatever, bro. I honestly couldn’t give less of a shit what you think of me. All I want is for people to stop piling on and attacking Topine. The truth will come out in good time.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If mentally or physically you fail to meet the required standard, is that instantly an issue for the employer, because you could not fulfil your role for whatever reason?
With any job if you’re not up to, it’s time to move on

Could the club have done something illegal, maybe but I doubt it.

Could they have done something legal that upset people, certainly.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This has absolutely nothing to do with titmus so why would we bring that into it. Why are u bringing it up? Everyone can acknowledge that his situation was tragic
Cause you have double standards when it comes to the bulldogs.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All you did is draw a false equivalence between a living player who is being aggressively and maliciously vilified on here, and a young player who tragically passed away and is receiving universal sympathy. The circumstances surrounding the former players’ death are still under investigation. There’s nothing at all wrong or hypocritical about waiting for all the details to come out.

For the third time today, I am not asking you to make any negative judgments about the club. All I am asking you to do is hold off on judging Topine until details surrounding the incident emerge.

I have made a concerted effort to be more positive in my posts about the club recently. I know you have noticed that, because you have liked a number of my posts. All I have done is ask you not to judge a young bloke until you know the full story and you start insulting me and calling me a hypocrite.

No offence, but I’m not going to reply to any more of your posts on this matter. You seem unwilling of unable to discuss it in a mature, respectful manner. The tribalism is strong in you, bro.
Why is it so hard for to understand?
It’s simple when it comes to bulldogs you all have the biggest whinge but if it’s another club it’s all quite.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn’t mean I don’t have links to people on the know. You can laugh as much as you like, but we’ve been saying the club is headed for an ugly legal battle for months while you guys scoffed at us. And it looks like we were right.
You don’t have links to anyone. Doesn’t take much to figure out there would be legal proceedings of some sort. I’ve said it before and I’ll keep saying it for as long as you trolls keep posting - you all know fuck all.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whatever, bro. I honestly couldn’t give less of a shit what you think of me. All I want is for people to stop piling on and attacking Topine. The truth will come out in good time.
Pretty much all your comments mention the, “When the truth comes out” … or that you’re “in the know” really, what could the club have possibly done at training that’s such a hideous crime ..

Most people have mentioned that they feel for the bloke if it’s legit, does he have a history, has he ever been on medication, or was it just this one thing that’s triggered it …. surely you know there’s going to be a stigma to it when there’s a big payout involved ..

I also note you’re hiding under the “it’s currently in legal proceedings”

Just use a disclaimer … say you heard on the grape vine, at the pub, or through a 3rd party .. finish of with, I want to say this is just what’s being said around the pub talk … what’s your source .. ?

You and the team have previously been known for enjoying anything that drags the clubs name through the mud .. if you know something, give yourself some credibility for a change ..

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Add to that, why did so many players choose to play for the club knowing what was expected? It’s no surprise the types we signed. All tough and can handle what it takes to play in the NRL. Mann, Hutch, Turpin, Salmon, all several years in the big league and shown they’re up to NRL level. Even Taaffe has never looked out of place.

RFM and Topine seem like great guys, but if they can’t handle the intensity that it takes to be the best, it’s best they leave. Ciro has been there and done it as a coach, at the best team of the last 5 years. He was there coaching the juniors and then saw what the NRL boys had to do to be the best. He saw the type of training and intensity every day when he was assistant coach there. Hence there is no surprise that players that can’t or won’t perform at that level will be let go. Fans should be applauding that approach tbh.
There is a reason certain players were moved on. You’ve summed it up in your post.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This thread is comedy gold hahahaha

Thank you to the mods for sending in the clowns again.

This thread should keep things ticking over entertainment wise until the footy is back.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Theme song at The Kennel mods headquarters right now

Where are the clowns?
Send in the clowns

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think so. If there was going to be a settlement it would have been reached by now. Mediation talks seem to have broken down.

And personally I think it would be better for Jackson if the truth did come out. It would put to bed the current narrative that he is soft.

Anyway, time will tell.
Let's put it this way.... He has more of a case in the current era than he would have in past eras. In the past, it would have been taboo to speak out about training or punishment techniques.

Even today there will be a vast amount of people that frown upon his actions to speak out or seek compensation for the mental anguish he has experienced. TK itself is probably 80% against him and 20% for.

I'm sure the club can reach a settlement with him. In fact, if they can help him find another club, it will probably be best for all parties.

I liked him as a player but felt he was competing with Morrin for a place in the 17. I'd take Morrin most times and I think CC feels the same.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You don’t have links to anyone. Doesn’t take much to figure out there would be legal proceedings of some sort. I’ve said it before and I’ll keep saying it for as long as you trolls keep posting - you all know fuck all.
*shrugs

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless there's something illegal we dont know about yet involved in the situation, i cant see how this ends up with the player being a "victim". You do what your employer tells you, and take punishments for not meeting standards as they see fit. If you dont like it you leave the employment and go somewhere else. That simple. And yeh coach has the right not to pick you in FG if you dont meet expectations.
Not quite.
No employer can make you do physical or emotional things as punishment and just get away with it. They have a duty of care for the welfare and wellbeing of the player.

Wrestling can be a dangerous activity that can place a person in a very vulnerable state. I think we can all attest to being in the bottom of a rumble and struggling to breathe or move. Don't know if this player got to that level or not but judging by his reaction, he must have or at least been.close to it.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Not quite.
No employer can make you do physical or emotional things as punishment and just get away with it. They have a duty of care for the welfare and wellbeing of the player.

Wrestling can be a dangerous activity that can place a person in a very vulnerable state. I think we can all attest to being in the bottom of a rumble and struggling to breathe or move. Don't know if this player got to that level or not but judging by his reaction, he must have or at least been.close to it.
wrestling is part of normal training. Sounds to me like hes a bit soft. Also didnt read anywhere he had to wrestle them all at the same time.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All this could have been avoided by the said player took personal responsibility in arriving to training ahead of the scheduled time
Have you seen the traffic around Sydney these days?

Makes LA look like a Sunday....

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Are you still lurking in the shadows? I thought you would have fvcked off to the St Merge forum by now. Oh well them's the breaks.
It sounds like utility half. Been around trolling for years. Sad existence of a life really

Status
Not open for further replies.