News Player who walked out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If I go to work, and need to finish off 14 of my colleagues tasks I sure as hell don’t get 6 months fully paid mental leave.

This saga has carried out a bit too long. I always liked the dude but many on the kennel always shaded him for his training input and tardiness. Ended up they were right and why he didn’t get more first grade opportunities.

Can’t believe he hasn’t returned to training yet, makes nofauluma look like a saint :p

So we should either just pay out his contract and free up a roster spot. He is on the last year of his deal which would be minimal. Or get him to return and just keep him in Reggie’s all year. Mental health is a piss take 6 months on. Fair enough he felt victimised, but this isn’t the way to look like the victim. He looks like a knob.
I'm glad you said the word tasks after colleagues :tearsofjoy:

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is if the court finds employees acted unnecessarily and created or exacerbated those mental health issues.

You don’t know what the club has or hasn’t done to support his mental health. But it’s pretty clear Topine’s legal team, and several former players who have spoken out about the incident think the club did the wrong thing. So let’s wait to see how it plays out in court before condemning Jackson. I’m not saying you have to automatically believe the club was in the wrong without even knowing the details. But a number of people on this thread are saying some very negative and insulting things about Jackson without knowing the details… I think that is very poor.
God forbid members of this forum ever have kids who come to them with a mental health problem. Poor kids will be told there pathetic weak c___ and told to f____ off

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
God forbid members of this forum ever have kids who come to them with a mental health problem. Poor kids will be told there pathetic weak c___ and told to f____ off
Guess they’ll probably be alright as long as they don’t work for the bulldogs and suggest the club is responsible.

Talk about tribalism… yikes!

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You speak as if you care about the player in question, your only in it just to put the club down.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Theres many layers to this. It aint a pretty situation
What layers? You haven’t got a clue.
You’re praying something comes out of this so you can say see it told you so.
Nothing you say will ever have credibility, I hope the kid gets all the help he needs but don’t tarnishing the club.
He wants to take it to court I hope he loses.
He has a contract the club will pay it out.

Last edited:

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Guess they’ll probably be alright as long as they don’t work for the bulldogs and suggest the club is responsible.

Talk about tribalism… yikes!
You can have a dig at the club all you want with the clown crew but reality is the club has done no wrong.
Let’s look at the reported details :
Came late to training.
Tackled the team as punishment.
Training was to hard.
Captain RFM stood up and complained .
RFM no longer with the club.
Topine on mental health leave.
Now let’s look at the big picture, why was topine singled out?
Why hasn’t any other player asked for the same?
Is RFM going to support topine and go to court?
Finally I would say one more thing do you really think this will affect the club?

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Doesn’t mean I don’t have links to people on the know. You can laugh as much as you like, but we’ve been saying the club is headed for an ugly legal battle for months while you guys scoffed at us. And it looks like we were right.
Who’s we?
04 is praying for something to go bad at the club, what kind of a person is that?
It’s funny how you and your crew care so much for topine but yet your crew don’t mention anything about what happened with des and his training causing death, funny how your crew has double standards.
Can you imagine a player dying at our club…… yeah exactly.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You can have a dig at the club all you want with the clown crew but reality is the club has done no wrong.
Came late to training.
Training was to hard.
Finally I would say one more thing do you really think this will affect the club?
I’m actually being pretty balanced here. I have made a genuine effort to be less critical of the club as a general rule, but from what I’ve heard I believe this is a serious issue… and to see people relentlessly attacking the character of a young player without knowing all the details is quite frankly appalling. Especially as many of you were on your high horse attacking @04 Dreaming for speaking negatively about Reed Mahoney yesterday under the guise of concern for his mental health.

I never said you had to blame the club. All I am saying is I know there is more to this story than has been publicly divulged and you should wait for those details to emerge before making negative judgments about the kid.

You can put your head in the sand and call me a clown as much as you like. It’s not going to change the reality there is more to this story than meets the eye and it looks likely that the reality of the situation will soon see the light of day.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Who’s we?
04 is praying for something to go bad at the club, what kind of a person is that?
It’s funny how you and your crew care so much for topine but yet your crew don’t mention anything about what happened with des and his training causing death, funny how your crew has double standards.
Can you imagine a player dying at our club…… yeah exactly.
You’re just deflecting, as per usual.

There’s no need for us to defend Titmus, because we don’t have a large number of toxic fans attacking his character and calling him a pussy while claiming to give a fuck about mental health. What s more, there is universal acknowledgment that what happened towas tragic, and there isn’t one person on this forum who isn’t sympathetic to him and his family. His death is the subject of an ongoing inquest. There’s nothing at all hypocritical about waiting for that inquest to be completed before forming a judgment about exactly what led to that tragedy.

I’ve never asked you to form a judgment about what happened to Topine either. All I have asked people to do is to wait for details to emerge before making such negative judgments about the character of a bloke who has clearly been dealing with mental health issues.

Thetes no hypocrisy here mate. You just gave an issue with even contemplating the possibility details could emerge which might don’t the club in a negative light.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m actually been pretty balanced here. I have made a genuine effort to be less critical of the club as a general rule, but from what I’ve heard I believe this is a serious issue… and to see people relentlessly attacking the character of a young player without knowing all the details is quite frankly appalling. Especially as many of you were on your high horse attacking @04 Dreaming for speaking negatively about Reed Mahoney yesterday under the guise of concern for his mental health.

I never said you had to blame the club. All I am saying is I know there is more to this story than had been publicly divulged and you should wait for those details to there before making negative judgments about the kid.

You can put your head in the sand and call me a clown as much as you like. It’s not going to change the reality there is more to this story than meets the eye and it looks likely that the reality of the situation will see the light of day.
My head isn’t in the sand, and I said your clown crew not your a clown,
as I said before if it does go to court I hope he loses… cause it can be settled outside court and don’t need to drag the club through mud.
I’m happy for the kid to get help but there is always 2 sides of the story.

Last edited:

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn’t mean I don’t have links to people on the know. You can laugh as much as you like, but we’ve been saying the club is headed for an ugly legal battle for months while you guys scoffed at us. And it looks like we were right.
Until you provide FACTS, I’ll continue to see you as a big noting liar. The fact you take what Rothfield says as gospel speaks volumes also.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You’re just deflecting, as per usual.

There’s no need for us to defend Titmus, because we don’t have a large number of toxic fans attacking his character and calling him a pussy while claiming to give a fuck about mental health. What s more, there is universal acknowledgment that what happened towas tragic, and there isn’t one person on this forum who isn’t sympathetic to him and his family. His death is the subject of an ongoing inquest. There’s nothing at all hypocritical about waiting for that inquest to be completed before forming a judgment about exactly what led to that tragedy.

I’ve never asked you to form a judgment about what happened to Topine either. All I have asked people to do is to wait for details to emerge before making such negative judgments about the character of a bloke who has clearly been dealing with mental health issues.

Thetes no hypocrisy here mate. You just gave an issue with even contemplating the possibility details could emerge which might don’t the club in a negative light.
How is it deflecting?
I told you about how your crew works and you dismiss the whole argument.
We have a player with mental health and your crew is crying wolf but not once they mentioned anything about titmus.
Do you see how it’s only bulldog related issues get brought up by your crew and it’s always negative.
We just won all of the lower grade Games where the support from your clown crew?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mental health is an important issue that needs everyone’s support. Playing professional rugby league is a physically and mentally tough sport that very few reach the top either success wise or financially.

However, is it or should it ever be an excuse or an option to fall back on if things don’t pan out?

If mentally or physically you fail to meet the required standard, is that instantly an issue for the employer, because you could not fulfil your role for whatever reason?

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mental health is an important issue that needs everyone’s support. Playing professional rugby league is a physically and mentally tough sport that very few reach the top either success wise or financially.

However, is it or should it ever be an excuse or an option to fall back on if things don’t pan out?

If mentally or physically you fail to meet the required standard, is that instantly an issue for the employer, because you could not fulfil your role for whatever reason?
Apparently there is more to the story that can’t be shared cause everyone is a lawyer now.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Came late to training.
Training was to hard.
Add to that, why did so many players choose to play for the club knowing what was expected? It’s no surprise the types we signed. All tough and can handle what it takes to play in the NRL. Mann, Hutch, Turpin, Salmon, all several years in the big league and shown they’re up to NRL level. Even Taaffe has never looked out of place.

RFM and Topine seem like great guys, but if they can’t handle the intensity that it takes to be the best, it’s best they leave. Ciro has been there and done it as a coach, at the best team of the last 5 years. He was there coaching the juniors and then saw what the NRL boys had to do to be the best. He saw the type of training and intensity every day when he was assistant coach there. Hence there is no surprise that players that can’t or won’t perform at that level will be let go. Fans should be applauding that approach tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.