News Player who walked out

Status
Not open for further replies.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So player welfare isn't an issue unless the player happens to die?.

If what I have been told about the incident is true, Jackson has a very good case.
Hey everyone, isn’t it funny how @Flanagun and @04 Dreaming know all this private information? They must hold some real inner sanctum type roles. What’s that you say? They don’t even rock up to training as observers?! Doesn’t matter they know stuff 99% of the rest don’t!

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone couldn’t sleep eh. Went on a posting rampage after 3am lol.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
IMO: The wrestling isn't the issue for the club, it's the standing down while he has 'mental issues'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course there's more to the story, anyone with half a brain should know that.
Theres always more to a story, even those without a brain know that, even gooses that crap on about masturbating, on a public forum know that … they’re saying they know what it is, that they’re in the know ..

I’m finding it funny that those in the negative minority keep saying they’re in the know, and then weeks later are proven to be wrong or full of it ..

Try to keep up ..

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All this could have been avoided by the said player took personal responsibility in arriving to training ahead of the scheduled time

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Your honour,

My client wishes to sue the Bulldogs because he was wanting to be an elite player and they made it hard for him to push his limits. Punctuality was hard enough for my client, your honour, but no, the Bulldogs expected more than that. They pushed him to test his mental, emotional and physical limits and he has decided to go the weak-as-piss path and use the law against his employer in a harassment case like, preferring to position his employment as if it resembled an office admin clerk.

um, yes your honour, he did want to be tough and able to compete in the highly competitive competition of the NRL, but he did not want to feel any pain. And it is his right to refuse to feel pain. But the Bulldogs insisted he feel pain! That is so wrong you're honour, it's the definition of abuse.

Welcome to the clown show of a legal system not designed to deal with physical abuse that toughens people up.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Excellent post @Alan79 !! Very well said and I also see it like this. See clowns? This is what good, useful contribution to a forum looks like. Make a note.

Whatever has happened between Jackson and the club, it’s a real shame imo. Jackson was a much loved “hype man” if not for his actual playing ability, but even the way he tried on the field, made most of us admire him. It sucks the way it’s gone down. I hope he can prosper whatever his next step is.
Cheers.

I just know that all we get is a snippet of a few different situations. A lot of fans were embarrassed with last season and just want to throw blame anywhere. So I get why people might have picked Topine as a target. Between Topine, TPJ and RFM you can put direct targets on players that could have been a cause for what we saw as a lack of effort at times. Frustrating to watch and any opportunity to unload it back onto players who present as targets will be welcomed.

But again we've got little real information except that Topine left by all reports with issues with his treatment and hasn't returned. Unless we hear the truth from him or the club it's Chinese whispers.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Three fourths of fuck all
I am surprised they bother taking a break from rimming each other to type on here! They must be useless in the sack as well as useless posters. They are just consistently bad. I read the information on here because most people have good points and good information, those two a*s-clowns do not.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a legal matter, you'll just have to wait for details to emerge. But some of us have been saying this was in the works for months (and were ridiculed for it.) It appears we were on the money.
Mr Flanagan, were you around 20 years ago or have you forgoten all the bad FALSE publicity regarding Coffs Harbour, what happened then.
I still get the odd taunt regarding me following the rapest club by arseholes like "I won't mention names".

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Hey everyone, isn’t it funny how @Flanagun and @04 Dreaming know all this private information? They must hold some real inner sanctum type roles. What’s that you say? They don’t even rock up to training as observers?! Doesn’t matter they know stuff 99% of the rest don’t!
Doesn’t mean I don’t have links to people on the know. You can laugh as much as you like, but we’ve been saying the club is headed for an ugly legal battle for months while you guys scoffed at us. And it looks like we were right.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It’s gaining traction in the news now so maybe it will
Yeah … very regrettable situation. Hope the club learns from it. There’s going to be some ugly headlines and negative media attention coming out of this.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Mr Flanagan, were you around 20 years ago or have you forgoten all the bad FALSE publicity regarding Coffs Harbour, what happened then.
I still get the odd taunt regarding me following the rapest club by arseholes like "I won't mention names".
Don’t see how you think the two situations are in any way comparable. If the club wasn’t worried about this, they wouldn’t have spent the past six months seeking reparations with Jackson.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
come on dreaming even your v

Flappy case about what? You know at the end of the day workplace we all in work in compared to an athlete work place are two different things.

I’m agreeing with twin turbo on this. Clearly wasn’t ready for the intensity that followed last year. You will see data from the club providing to anyone interested to see how his 2022 season vs his 2023 season compares. If he dropped in 2023 then guess what proves that he wasn’t up to the KPI’s required for a job that they do.

Just remember if you claim mental health no problem, it will be assessed and if need be, pay his contract out and see ya later. You haven’t heard anything, what you’ve been told is cold turkey. Right now as it stands the club is focusing on 2024 and buzz is treading a line that even Jackson should watch out who he is telling this story and remember players do have a obligation to keep things out of public.
It’s not about KPIs, and it’s not about whether he was or wasn’t “up to it” There’s still a right and respectful way to treat people. The issue isn’t that the club wanting players to work hard. That’s all I can say. Wait for the details, fam. Looks like they aren’t far away from breaking.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
IMO: The wrestling isn't the issue for the club, it's the standing down while he has 'mental issues'
It is standard practise for the coaching staff to seek medical opinions, more than one, on the physical and mentals state of all players during the off season and the playing season. This is a regular scheduled occurrence, often more than once a week, player welfare is a vital ingredient in building a successful team. If the medical staff consider a player not fit to train then it would be negligent not to follow that advice. Standing a player down from training is the result of accepting the medical team's advice.

Always a Bulldog

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
So what you’re saying that the club is responsible for his mental health?
So why did the club do everything in there powers to help him and get proper help?
It is if the court finds employees acted unnecessarily and created or exacerbated those mental health issues.

You don’t know what the club has or hasn’t done to support his mental health. But it’s pretty clear Topine’s legal team, and several former players who have spoken out about the club’s training methods think the club did the wrong thing. So let’s wait to see how it plays out in court before condemning Jackson.

I’m not saying you have to automatically believe the club was in the wrong without knowing the details. But a number of people on this thread are saying some very negative and insulting things about Jackson without knowing those details… I think that is very poor.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
So you call a settlement out of court (keeping it quiet) or otherwise in court ‘inside information’. Clap clap. Thanks for stating the obvious.
Look, I’m not going to say it again, I don’t really care what you believe. Wait for the details to come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.