News Player who walked out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really poor form pls consider retracting that post
Look who laughed at your post to see the mentality of the cult. Caring about mental health and mental well being out the window.

The player in question is not the first to take leave. Montgomery has since taken leave. There have been other players who have spoke out only to be character attacked by a cult following of our fans.

It’s now becoming clear RFM in his role as club captain only aired these concerns only to be smeared in the newspapers and sold off to any bidder. The good thing is that RFM is 100% paid for the next two years they couldn’t find a breach notice for termination like Tigers did with Nofo. RFM loved our club.

Nu Brown wrote a very good and heartfelt post on his page.

@Flanagun in another post called a troll for supporting the well being of the player in question.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Fair enough, you are right it's been around since before the Titmus inquest. I just find it rather conniving rather than coincidental that it resurfaces again at this time when the Titmus case is all over the media.

Could just be Rothfield rehashing it to add weight to his story.... Or his solicitor striking while he can.

BTW, I'm not denying he may not have a case. I have been very critical of the training aspects of the club over the last couple of years, including CC overseeing the flogging players in the heat. Our injury toll at training last year was testiment that something wasn't right... Hope they've realised and we don't go through that again.
Honestly, from what I’ve heard, Jackson has a legitimate mental health issue, so I really don’t feel comfortable with the word conniving being attached to it. There has been a long mediation process which has apparently been unsuccessful. As for the timing of when the case goes public/ to court … don’t think Jackson is the one driving that. So I think TK should think twice before vilifying him,

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Do you reckon we’ll get all the details? I’m thinking likely settled outside court with NDA.
It’s starting to look like it’s going to court. There has been a long and drawn out mediation process which has apparently fallen through, So I do think it will probably all come out at some stage.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly, from what I’ve heard, Jackson has a legitimate mental health issue, so I really don’t feel comfortable with the word conniving being attached to it. There has been a long mediation process which has apparently been unsuccessful. As for the timing of when the case goes public/ to court … don’t think Jackson is the one driving that. So I think TK should think twice before vilifying him,
Again, you are attaching 1 word in the post with the player. I mentioned "conniving" straight after Rothfield or the players solicitor and at no stage did I even mention the player himself. But you did.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Wow. You really are in the know. Claiming you have inside information which is purely speculation. You said the same thing about RFM. How did that go?

Clap clap for the clown crew for making a good go of this thread. You really are the moral compass for the kennel. Keep trolling.
What did I say about RFM that wasn’t true?

We have been saying for months court action is likely over the Topine situation, and this report makes pretty apparent that this is imminent.

I’m not sure how you think this is trolling. This is a serious issue. And now, all the crusaders who were attacking @04 Dreaming for not being considerate about Reed’s mental health (despite the fact he has no known mental health issues) have the knives out for a young player who has been out of the game for over six months on mental health leave. So much hypocrisy. You couldn’t write this shit.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s starting to look like it’s going to court. There has been a long and drawn out mediation process which has apparently fallen through, So I do think it will probably all come out at some stage.
I suspect for the benefit of players future and the club, both will settle it out of court.

NRL might want to know some finer details of the settlement (as it may affect its governance of this and other clubs) but it doesn't have to come out any further than what is known. And this might be better for the player to find employment elsewhere.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Again, you are attaching 1 word in the post with the player. I mentioned "conniving" straight after Rothfield or the players solicitor and at no stage did I even mention the player himself. But you did.
True, but I would still be wary of using words that may be attributed to the player and add further fuel to the pile on.

At the end of the day you can talk about timing all you want. But if this didn’t happen, it isn’t an issue.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I suspect for the benefit of players future and the club, both will settle it out of court.

NRL might want to know some finer details of the settlement (as it may affect its governance of this and other clubs) but it doesn't have to come out any further than what is known. And this might be better for the player to find employment elsewhere.
I don’t think so. If there was going to be a settlement it would have been reached by now. Mediation talks seem to have broken down.

And personally I think it would be better for Jackson if the truth did come out. It would put to bed the current narrative that he is soft.

Anyway, time will tell.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It’s now becoming clear RFM in his role as club captain only aired these concerns only to be smeared in the newspapers and sold off to any bidder. The good thing is that RFM is 100% paid for the next two years they couldn’t find a breach notice for termination like Tigers did with Nofo. RFM loved our club.

Nu Brown wrote a very good and heartfelt post on his page.
Polly nothing is ‘clear’ other than media speculation and that you take that bait: EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.

You have no idea of the RFM contract situation nor that the Bulldogs are carrying 100% of RFM’s freight. I’d bet they are not. Would be a silly deal to do and there’s no evidence the deal was anything like that.

Nu Brown has verbal diarrhoea and it got him into strife during two stints at Belmore let alone most clubs cut him after a year - Tigers, Knights etc. Our main mistake with him was bringing him back last year.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What did I say about RFM that wasn’t true?

We have been saying for months court action is likely over the Topine situation, and this report makes pretty apparent that this is imminent.

I’m not sure how you think this is trolling. This is a serious issue. And now, all the crusaders who were attacking @04 Dreaming for not being considerate about Reed’s mental health (despite the fact he has no known mental health issues) have the knives out for a young player who has been out of the game for over six months on mental health leave. So much hypocrisy. You couldn’t write this shit.
You have said nothing that anyone couldn’t easily figure out based on what they read in the media. This is not in any way inside information. You claimed there was more to come with RFM. Nothing happened. He went back to training and then off to the dragons. Now you claim to have inside info on this. Keep sticking up for your clowns.

You have no inside sources

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No surprise the clown crew jump on any opportunity to support their anti Gus/Ciraldo driven agendas.
Predictably peddle the same narrative about “inside information” that discredits the club but never disclose anything.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You have said nothing that anyone couldn’t easily figure out based on what they read in the media. This is not in any way inside information. You claimed there was more to come with RFM. Nothing happened. He went back to training and then off to the dragons. Now you claim to have inside info on this. Keep sticking up for your clowns.

You have no inside sources
I said there was more to the story and that RFM had good reason to go to Ciraldo in defence of his players. I’m sure it would have come out if the club hadn’t backflipped, held an 11th hour mediation process and let him return to training.

The RFM stuff is all tied up with the Topine stuff anyway. So it looks like it probably will come out eventually. Just not via RFM’s camp.

There is 100 percent more to the Topine situation and I don’t really mind if you want to believe I have sources, or not. Looks like it’s all going to come out soon enough, unless the club can pull a rabbit out and somehow bring Topine’s legal team back to the negotiating table. But it’s looking less and less likely they are going to be able to make this go away quietly.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said there was more to the story and that RFM had good reason to go to Ciraldo in defence of his players. I’m sure it would have come out if the club hadn’t backflipped, held an 11th hour mediation process and let him return to training.

The RFM stuff is all tied up with the Topine stuff anyway. So it looks like it probably will come out eventually. Just not via RFM’s camp.

There is 100 percent more to the Topine situation and I don’t really mind if you want to believe I have sources, or not. Looks like it’s all going to come out soon enough, unless the club can pull a rabbit out and somehow bring Topine’s legal team back to the negotiating table. But it’s looking less and less likely they are going to be able to make this go away quietly.
So you call a settlement out of court (keeping it quiet) or otherwise in court ‘inside information’. Clap clap. Thanks for stating the obvious.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Honestly, Jackson has to do this. his career is effectively over. He has no support in rugby league. No one will hire him. You only have to listen to the people, from all corners of the sport, who have spoken out against him.
and, brutal it may seem, but whatever we have to pay to get rid of this guy, will be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.