Player swap: Eels audacious play for Josh Addo Carr

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let the games begin.

Fox silently put on the market... Eels throwing out a line. Whose cast is it next?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A couple of ways to look at this

IF.....there are issues between the club and JAC and Gus and CC feel it would be better for the team to move him on, I'm on board

Fox is a great finisher...BUT.....he makes minimal yardage coming out of our own end and his defence (or lack of) at times has been atrocious.

If he is our "bargaining chip" to get us a quality front rower in a player swap, I'm all for it

A quality front rower makes us a better team. Fox can be replaced by Skelton or Wilson

Whether I'd take Matterson as a swap....maybe... he would make us stronger but ideally we should be looking for a prop

If the Eels, Knights, Tigers and Dragons are already interested within hours of this story breaking, I wouldn't be surprised if by tomorrow morning there are 6 more clubs interested...which increases our options in getting a quality front rower that we desperately need

Finally the off season is hotting up...looking forward to see how this plays out
Get Storm interested so we can swap Fox for Nelson

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Whoever is saying swap for Paulo obviously didn't watch any Eels games this year. He was terrible.

Eels players I'd swap JAC for are Moses, Gutherson & RCG. End of list.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d take this swap. Matterson will strengthen our middle.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People need to be realistic with who we could get with a swap. People saying RCG and Paulo just won’t happen. Matterson possibly although unlikely. I think D Saf is a solid shout although would prefer Matterson
Matterson is a good player but we don’t need a lock. We need Props. Saifiti would be a better get from a squad balance point of view. The fact Saifiti is doing everything he can do to remain in Newcastle says to me he isn’t the committed Bulldog we need.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Matterson is a good player but we don’t need a lock. We need Props. Saifiti would be a better get from a squad balance point of view. The fact Saifiti is doing everything he can do to remain in Newcastle says to me he isn’t the committed Bulldog we need.
Matto has played prop plenty of times.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Whoever is saying swap for Paulo obviously didn't watch any Eels games this year. He was terrible.

Eels players I'd swap JAC for are Moses, Gutherson & RCG. End of list.
Yeah we were talking about that dud on the weekend, weren't we?

He has been rubbish all year.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why would Fox be training at Belmore in October with Reed when his manager is trying to get him out?
Having a look at that pic, Reed’s a smart man, def keeping the shirt on next to a ripped Fox