Player swap: Eels audacious play for Josh Addo Carr

hoody06

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'll wait to hear from Danny Weidler first before making assumptions.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd rather keep Fox and swaps like this rarely happen but I'd take Matterson in return to help the balance of the team.

We have a fair bit of depth in the outside backs. Whereas even after signing Curran, we could use a forward like Matterson that can make 150 plus metres, break tackles, offload, play before the line and defend well. Plus he can play middle or on an edge.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Creates a slight issue with Matterson and Curran being backrow or best suited as #13 in the middle.
Beggars can't be choosers though as we need forwards, so bye bye Fox.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Creates a slight issue with Matterson and Curran being backrow or best suited as #13 in the middle.
Beggars can't be choosers though as we need forwards, so bye bye Fox.
Matto’s good off the bench

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Matterson played prop several times for Parra and was just as effective. You could start Matterson at prop with Curran at lock or start one at lock and play the other off the bench where they both play 50-60 minutes as one will rotate to the front row or even on the edge if there's an injury..

I_KilledMufasa

Waterboy
Reaction score
it will hurt losing the fox but we already have wilson, kiraz and skelton that can play wing. matterson will be a huge pull for our weak pack. this is a masterstroke by gus if he can make this happen with the lack of good forwards available