Player Market Bloodbath from 12am

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Whilst things can change over time. He rejected a much bigger offer from us to sign with the Broncos. Not being very complementary of our setup in the media at the time. As a player yet to debut at that stage. I don’t think we would go in hard for him again. I also don’t think he would come.
Other way round man, we offered a deal but Broncos blew us off the park with a 400k a 3 year extension for a guy who just came out of highschool at the time and hadn’t played much footy due to covid. Looked like a blessing in disguise that we missed out but he bursted onto the scene this year as a huge talent

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If we had a time machine, I'd go back prior to us signing Hassler, And insert Gus as the football GM. It would a different club now
When you look back on it, Greenturd was the start of the cancer he prioritised quick success to stat pad his resume and fuck off as quickly as possibly. Absolute scumbag. Des I still have respect for as he has busted his body for the game and genuinely lives and breathes league.

If we had a GM like Gus or even Parr who has been mentioned who could oversee the entire operation 10 years ago we wouldn't be in this mess. It's all part of the journey, I hope everyone in management now studies and learns from mistakes of the past.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Other way round man, we offered a deal but Broncos blew us off the park with a 400k a 3 year extension for a guy who just came out of highschool at the time and hadn’t played much footy due to covid. Looked like a blessing in disguise that we missed out but he bursted onto the scene this year as a huge talent
I vaguely remember hearing at the time,about us offering about 500k for 2 years.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When you look back on it, Greenturd was the start of the cancer he prioritised quick success to stat pad his resume and fuck off as quickly as possibly. Absolute scumbag. Des I still have respect for as he has busted his body for the game and genuinely lives and breathes league.

If we had a GM like Gus or even Parr who has been mentioned who could oversee the entire operation 10 years ago we wouldn't be in this mess. It's all part of the journey, I hope everyone in management now studies and learns from mistakes of the past.
We have Gus instead of Greenberg,focus on juniors and pathways, instead of a quick fix coach that would gamble with the clubs future and fail . . . We're all geniuses in hindsight

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s not how remember it. He wanted to stay and fight for a spot at Brisbane. Rather than cashing in at the Dogs and moving to Sydney.

Jippst

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That’s not how remember it. He wanted to stay and fight for a spot at Brisbane. Rather than cashing in at the Dogs and moving to Sydney.
Not entirely true..he was offered a better deal at the time from the Broncs as the negotiations were going back & forth & was def on his way to Belmore ..the P/M said as much at the time

Last edited:

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It is just sickening that we have had absolute clowns running this club into the ground. They've had superstar rosters in the time that we've had floppy Lewis, Clay Priest, Flopgden, Floptoni, Crapa and a whole host of other duds.
It’s mind boggling how the NRL looks at the lower teams and then the roosters and go yeah it’s an even comp.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have Gus instead of Greenberg,focus on juniors and pathways, instead of a quick fix coach that would gamble with the clubs future and fail . . . We're all geniuses in hindsight
That's what most users on here want. Quick fixes, my friend. That sort of thinking is why we are in this mess. As my dad said, the club is starting from the bottom and working its way up through the grades and fixing them, and we are starting to see results. But I guess some people don't get the memo.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I came to see a blood bath and yet to see a single announcement lol… beauty we are looking sweet for 2024 bring it on…. NOT!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
And where are the departures?? I find it so odd our club seems to sweep outgoings under the rug
Yes it does seem kinda impersonal from the family club that we haven't formally farewelled and wished most of those players leaving the Club, best wishes for their futures.

Most clubs do don't they?

I guess there's a reason why Gus hasn't found it necessary as yet..but its a bit late with pre-season starting already at some clubs....perhaps he is still arranging some thing in conjunction with their Managers OS for them? Probs not lol but who knows. Gus moves in mysterious ways :grinning:

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hughes and Munster went to market and stayed at the storm for guess what.... unders. Going to market dont mean shit other than driving up third party payments.
If they re-sign Manu and Keary, keep Crichton and also afford AFB while keeping Collins and Lenui AND we don't get one decent new prop we might as well all give up watching NRL. That will be way beyond a f..king joke

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

The disrespect Des gets around here grinds my gears. He gets blamed for every fault at every level of our setup. He was just a coach. One that took us to two grand finals and one the players have repeatedly said was the best coach they ever had. I’ve heard this from both Graham and Morris’ mouth and recall vague statements in media from others.
Des deserves criticism for one thing and one thing only. Terrible retention and recruitment decisions. That I accept, he succeeded everywhere else however.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If they re-sign Manu and Keary, keep Crichton and also afford AFB while keeping Collins and Lenui AND we don't get one decent new prop we might as well all give up watching NRL. That will be way beyond a f..king joke
They've done similar to that in the recent past, multiple times

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's what most users on here want. Quick fixes, my friend. That sort of thinking is why we are in this mess. As my dad said, the club is starting from the bottom and working its way up through the grades and fixing them, and we are starting to see results. But I guess some people don't get the memo.
Im not suggesting a quick fix, Im saying If we had the right people there originally, we wouldn't have to repair anything