pity any new coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
was just sitting here thinking geez I hope Des gets the arse in the off season.......then I thought bloody hell I pity the poor bloody coach that would come in

Look at the squad we have, Des has removed any player with any football ability or x factor and also removed any thinkers from the squad......imagine getting handed the coaches gig next year with Plodders Graham & Tolman, 2 broken & aging Morris boys, no speed or ability what so ever in the backline, no fullback, a guy who wont play on Sundays, no halves, no one with a kicking game

basically you'd be inheriting an heavily over paid squad of unskilled, aging, broken plodders with absolutely no speed at all in the whole team.......with little to no talent off contract (foran may yet get tied up in match fixing) and Des has stacked our ranks with Qld cup fringe players .......would you even consider taking on the job?

I think even if Des was booted in the off season (wont happen) it will take years to unravel the mess he has left our squad in

N

Natboy

I think any coach would be thrilled to inherit a squad like ours.
You are making out we are the Knights or something.
A good coach would totally revamp our playing style & also not be afraid to drop "stars" who are performing like Jimmy D did

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think any coach would be thrilled to inherit a squad like ours.
You are making out we are the Knights or something.
A good coach would totally revamp our playing style & also not be afraid to drop "stars" who are performing like Jimmy D did
name any backs in our squad that would strike fear in to the opposition?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
name any backs in our squad that would strike fear in to the opposition?
Would or could ?
With the right coaching and a game plan that utilizes their skills, I think bmoz, jmoz, Reynolds and mbye could trouble most sides.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
was just sitting here thinking geez I hope Des gets the arse in the off season.......then I thought bloody hell I pity the poor bloody coach that would come in

Look at the squad we have, Des has removed any player with any football ability or x factor and also removed any thinkers from the squad......imagine getting handed the coaches gig next year with Plodders Graham & Tolman, 2 broken & aging Morris boys, no speed or ability what so ever in the backline, no fullback, a guy who wont play on Sundays, no halves, no one with a kicking game

basically you'd be inheriting an heavily over paid squad of unskilled, aging, broken plodders with absolutely no speed at all in the whole team.......with little to no talent off contract (foran may yet get tied up in match fixing) and Des has stacked our ranks with Qld cup fringe players .......would you even consider taking on the job?

I think even if Des was booted in the off season (wont happen) it will take years to unravel the mess he has left our squad in
It would be an honour to coach our great club.

Yes the squad needs a rebuild but even with the NRL anti Sydney bias we are still one of their premier franchises. If Canterbury Bankstown is not the biggest club in Sydney we are one of them.
I went to the 2004 grand final.
We had 75% of the crowd that day.
I came down from Brisbane and met dogs supporters comming from all parts of the nation that day.

It won't take long to rebuild our squad. Certainly not 5 years.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The way our forwards ran the ball yesterday, we could have smashed any team in the comp with the right structure and a few little tweaks to playing roster

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Would or could ?
With the right coaching and a game plan that utilizes their skills, I think bmoz, jmoz, Reynolds and mbye could trouble most sides.
between the 2 Morris boys you might be able get enough parts to form one able bodied morris........... Reynolds is like a ferret on speed and Mybe thinks he is playing hide and seek

we don't have anyone who can bust the line and definitely don't have anyone who can take advantage of open space and sprint away.....most of our backs can be run down by other teams props

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
we need to go out and by Speed...... when we lost Barba we lost our 4th & 5th gears........now we just plod, the Moz's are near retirement, getting very slow and often injured, Holland seems a decent guy but is slower than tortoise with 3 legs, Brenko Lee is just a bad joke

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Not to mention he has most likely spent all of our cap on said team you mentioned. I bet manly supporters are laughing their collective arses off at us right now....I would be if I was them, should be lemon laws for coaches.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
between the 2 Morris boys you might be able get enough parts to form one able bodied morris........... Reynolds is like a ferret on speed and Mybe thinks he is playing hide and seek
That's them now. I'm convinced they'd be better if used correctly.
I agree that we could use some speed in the side though.

Reaction score
we need to go out and by Speed...... when we lost Barba we lost our 4th & 5th gears........now we just plod, the Moz's are near retirement, getting very slow and often injured, Holland seems a decent guy but is slower than tortoise with 3 legs, Brenko Lee is just a bad joke
no speed, no try's

Status
Not open for further replies.