Phil Rothfield reveals his NRL SuperCoach team 2017, tipping Lloyd Perrett as buy of year

Status
Not open for further replies.

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
MEET the unknown Manly recruit who is my pick for buy of the year in both SuperCoach and actual NRL.

Lloyd Perrett, the younger brother of recently-retired Bulldogs winger Sam, has created a serious stir at the Sea Eagles this pre-season after transferring from Canterbury.

Manly Head of Football and rugby league Immortal Bob Fulton has been immensely impressed with Perrett, tipping the 115kg prop to play an important role following a mass exodus of forwards including Siosaia Vave, Josh Starling, Jamie Buhrer, Luke Burgess, Nathan Green, Blake Leary, Tom Symonds, Feleti Mateo and highly-rated young gun Liam Knight.

Regular first grader Darcy Lussick will miss at least the first month with a wrist injury while veteran Queensland and Australian prop Nate Myles is fighting an ongoing knee issue that could sideline him at any time.

With such a large turnover of players, Perrett will make Manly’s best 17, although he picked up an injury in last week’s trial and hasn’t been named for Saturday’s final pre-season hit out.

Hopefully he is fit for round one but even if not he should play plenty of NRL this year.

Perrett played just 24 games at the Bulldogs over three seasons and therefore starts 2017 as one of the cheapest props in SuperCoach at $150,400

He notched just two games last year despite coach Des Hasler wanting to play him much more. Hasler’s hands were tied by second tier salary cap issues.

Perrett is owned by just two per cent of SuperCoaches at the moment, but expect that figure to soar during the year.

He scores a spot on my SuperCoach bench behind proven players Andrew Fifita and Ryan James.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...r/news-story/414a888b08656aa98754a44f2802712a

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He notched just two games last year despite coach Des Hasler wanting to play him much more. Hasler’s hands were tied by second tier salary cap issues.

if thats true why was Danny Fualalo allowed to play? I don't understand the complexities of Second Tier cap

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

if thats true why was Danny Fualalo allowed to play? I don't understand the complexities of Second Tier cap
I'm pretty sure Rothfield is drinking already. Perrett was part of the top 25 if I'm not mistaken.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Perret's the softest of powderpuffs. A damp marshmallow. Another t-Rex, but with less ability.
Glad we're rid of him.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Lloyd I don't think was part of top 25, as we had Trex in there, and Fualalo was to 25.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Never was given a real chance here at all .dude copped shit when he was still eligible for un/20s for not tearing up. Still reakons he needs 50 more full first grade games under his belt before judgment can be made. Best of luck to him

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I have been a big Lloyd perrett fan for years and hate the fact he was never given a consistent opportunity to prove himself. He would be given 5-10mins if that in a game. Now who the fuck can come on and make a wow impression in such a short time especially being a forward.
The kid has great skills, he was the best player in Nsw cup last year and watching him carve up the opposition was a joy to watch. Shits all over half our forward pack.
Des hates any forward that has skill, hence releasing Taupau, Pritchard, Finucane, Lane, Perrett yet keeping plodders like Tolman, Trex, Browne, Elliott etc
I would love to see him carve up at Manly and realise his full potential..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think we will ever here the full story of what happened with Lloyd, how can you go from signing a big rookie contract to out the back door within two years without even having a fair crack at NRL level.

cyborg66

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lloyd is not a bulldog this thread should be moved

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hasler stuffed up again. Perrett is going to be a gun.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
End of last season in NSW Cup he was tearing it up.

Being 18th man for a lot of games too.

Coincides with the theory of 2nd tier cap issues, which correlates with the fact we blew that out slightly last year.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You don't sign a four year contract and not be in the top 25. He was on big coin aswell.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Rothfield is drinking already. Perrett was part of the top 25 if I'm not mistaken.
Lloyd was part of top 25, so can't understand why second tier would come into play either.
He only played two games very early on so our 'second tier' problem would have been for the whole of 2016. Have another one Buzz.

Ambrose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have been a big Lloyd perrett fan for years and hate the fact he was never given a consistent opportunity to prove himself. He would be given 5-10mins if that in a game. Now who the fuck can come on and make a wow impression in such a short time especially being a forward.
The kid has great skills, he was the best player in Nsw cup last year and watching him carve up the opposition was a joy to watch. Shits all over half our forward pack.
Des hates any forward that has skill, hence releasing Taupau, Pritchard, Finucane, Lane, Perrett yet keeping plodders like Tolman, Trex, Browne, Elliott etc
I would love to see him carve up at Manly and realise his full potential..
Sam Kasiano could/can/does make a Wow impression in that amount of time. It is possible

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lloyd was part of top 25, so can't understand why second tier would come into play either.
He only played two games very early on so our 'second tier' problem would have been for the whole of 2016. Have another one Buzz.
Maybe the second tier issue is the player who played NSW Cup and moved up to NRL instead of LLoyd ? If that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.