News Phil Gould battling three rival clubs to keep Bulldogs forward

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And what’s his worth?

Regardless wether he signs or not the complaints will be in once he signs both ways
His worth, I’ll leave that to Gus.

if the club wants him they will keep him, if they do or don’t people will argue so it means nothing here in the end.

People sook when we don’t secure players, people sook when we pay overs..people sook with we who sign - can’t win.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I like what Gus does but for a guy like Gus to talk about other teams locking up players before they even hit the November window I'm shocked somebody like Kingy hasn't already been sown up... Obviously he is now in the shop window so good luck getting this guy sorted at a decent price.
I doubt it would drag on too much. Who knows, maybe King didn't want to sign it as he knows he was injured last year so his value wouldn't be as high. Maybe King is backing himself in a contract year and now that he's healthy to to try and prove himself and get more..

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes but sometimes they like to see what a player brings this year before working out figures,king was good in 22 but ordinary in 23 hope he kills it this year but i get what they are doing
He was playing busted for the majority of last year. He kept putting his hand up to play because of serious player shortage. To say he was ordinary is true but looking at the complete picture. There were huge reasons for this.

Lock Him up now Gus. A fit King will be massive for us this year.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I like what Gus does but for a guy like Gus to talk about other teams locking up players before they even hit the November window I'm shocked somebody like Kingy hasn't already been sown up... Obviously he is now in the shop window so good luck getting this guy sorted at a decent price.
Occam’s Razor mate. If the club genuinely thought there was pressure from other clubs they would’ve already done something. Instead they likely know he wants to stay (just married and settled) and they’re seeing how pre-season went given his tough injury run last year, have probably already told him he’s staying and a deal will get done etc. It’s just the media hunting for a story because other clubs can talk to him so suddenly there’s ’pressure’. Regardless, assuming he re-signs the colourful circus identities will then be saying it took too long and we paid too much…

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This article is nonsense without any clubs named
Odds on Rooster and Souths are 2 of them. Souths have no props (as it is Jai Arrow is playing a sort of prop) and lose Burgess this season, and the Roosters lose JWH soon and always have money somehow.

This is why the team needs to start winning games, the buck stops soon, players won't waste their career in the bottom 6.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
= to one Kevin Hardwick, no big deal either way.

T-Rocket

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Max is a stud. Hopefully it gets sorted soon

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
His management has us by the balls knowing there's no quality props available. King may also be tempted by solid offers from more successful clubs with competent middle rotations because fuck going through what he did last season again. Makes sense that no deal is done.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We can't afford to lose him because he's our only established middle that we can rely on to do a job (I wouldn't go too far myself saying he's much better than that) and also there's pretty much nothing left on the market anymore. I'm sure his manager will be using this to their advantage in negotiations.

Last edited:

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's SOO level, debuts last season if he isn't playing for a bum club like ours.
King will command interest on the market and we will probably have to pay above market value as playing prop for our club is more demanding on the body than playing a support role at clubs with more established props.

Roosters are losing JWH and they like the four prop rotation and one in reserve.
Dolphins are losing Bromwich, Nicholls and Wallace they need to find at least one.
Storm still haven't replaced the loss of the Bromwich's, Kaufusi and Smith. Welch is pretty much at the end.
Souths losing Burgess end of 2025
Warriors losing AFB
Broncos losing Taupau
Titans we know Hasler wouldn't mind getting one on us and King previously played there

King will attract interest. He won't be seen as a starting player. He will fit into somewhere.