Perception By Other Fans

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the biggest indicator is that it looks like Booze is looking for a new Target,. He has given up trying to destabilise the dogs and has probably realised it is just giving the Dogs more coverage. But he will be ready to say something negative when the time is right. He is certainly not from the "If you don't have something positive to say" camp.

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree
But the effort needs to really turn into wins the next 7-8 weeks with a more favourable run.
If we drop most of those games it’s basically the same polished crap we have dished out .
We don’t want consistent good losses.
Need to start winning games and quick
I Disagree about the wins.
It’s the effort, Penrith, Melbourne and Roosters do this week in week out.
If we give up like we have over the past 6 years Yes it’s polished crap.
If we keep performing like we have over the past 3 weeks it would make me proud to be a bulldog!
Win lose or draw we need to sustain that effort that we have shown over the last 3 weeks for every minute of every game for the rest of the season.
I read here that someone called it Penrith ball.
Play like that sooner rather than later, we will start winning, everyone will hate us. It will be back to the glory days..
Also players from other clubs, will want to come and play for us again.
I can see what CC is trying to achieve.
Good luck to him and I hope for everyone’s sake here we can sustain the effort!!!!!

Last edited:

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I Disagree about the wins.
It’s the effort, Penrith, Melbourne and Roosters do this week in week out.
If we give up like we have over the past 6 years Yes it’s polished crap.
If we keep performing like we have over the past 3 weeks it would make me proud to be a bulldog!
Win lose or draw we need to sustain that effort that we have shown over the last 3 weeks for every minute of every game for the rest of the season.
I read here that someone called it Penrith ball.
Play like that sooner rather than later, we will start winning, everyone will hate us. It will be back to the glory days..
Also players from other clubs, will want to come and play for us again.
I can see what CC is trying to achieve.
Good luck to him and I hope for everyone’s sake here we can sustain the effort!!!!!
Hopefully people will stop harping on calling ciraldo "the assistant" by then.

Grows beyond tiresome reading the same crap

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree
But the effort needs to really turn into wins the next 7-8 weeks with a more favourable run.
If we drop most of those games it’s basically the same polished crap we have dished out .
We don’t want consistent good losses.
Need to start winning games and quick
Winning makes things feel better but most importantly "We need to build a great foundation in order to withstand the pressures of times" that is defence !
Let's assume we did win some of the next few games but our house is not in order then revert back to the bad old habits would that warrant satisfaction, personally I wouldn't be !
We are definitely very competitive but not complete, the fact is we are still in need of a classy 1/2 and one or two props.

Last edited:

alwaysthesun

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If I were Ciraldo I'd be sitting the boys down and showing them Storm second halves.. despite Storm having the new "big four" it's their discipline and calmess that sees them sitting at the top of the ladder.. they are hardly a team to be feared, but they just know how to win.. they let Roosters screw themselves over last night, and capitalised on our poor finish a fortnight ago. Our boys are definitely a smarter team than season's past, but do need to play smarter when trying to close out or take the lead in close games.. we could easily have two more wins on the board.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If I were Ciraldo I'd be sitting the boys down and showing them Storm second halves.. despite Storm having the new "big four" it's their discipline and calmess that sees them sitting at the top of the ladder.. they are hardly a team to be feared, but they just know how to win.. they let Roosters screw themselves over last night, and capitalised on our poor finish a fortnight ago. Our boys are definitely a smarter team than season's past, but do need to play smarter when trying to close out or take the lead in close games.. we could easily have two more wins on the board.
It's the unfortunate ten minutes periods where we get in position to score but then go for one out runs and waste the chances. For a side that's largely cobbled together it's not terrible that they haven't quite got that yet. But if we can perform under pressure at these times I think we'll be finals worthy. But it has to happen soon.

Winning makes things feel better but most importantly "We need to build a great foundation in order to withstand the pressures of times" that is defence !
Let's assume we did win some of the next few games but our house is not in order then revert back to the bad old habits would that warrant satisfaction, personally I wouldn't be !
We are definitely very competitive but not complete, the fact is we are still in need of a classy 1/2 and a one or two props.
I'm hoping that the players we have step up a bit more. I haven't been disappointed with our first choice or backup forwards. Hutchison has made some poor decisions at the worst moments. But we've actually looked like a composed team and I wonder if that's why he's in the 7. At any rate if Ciraldo drops him I think it'll be during the bye.

We're yet to see Suluka Fifita run out for us. He might do better than expected (although he's big so he'll have a lot of expectations riding his shoulders). So perhaps we've got one of those two props you think we need.

I'm honestly pretty happy with the roster. Whether we'll suffer durability issues with a smaller pack remains to be seen. But hopefully we're in for a couple of confidence building wins in the next few weeks.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's the unfortunate ten minutes periods where we get in position to score but then go for one out runs and waste the chances. For a side that's largely cobbled together it's not terrible that they haven't quite got that yet. But if we can perform under pressure at these times I think we'll be finals worthy. But it has to happen soon.

I'm hoping that the players we have step up a bit more. I haven't been disappointed with our first choice or backup forwards. Hutchison has made some poor decisions at the worst moments. But we've actually looked like a composed team and I wonder if that's why he's in the 7. At any rate if Ciraldo drops him I think it'll be during the bye.

We're yet to see Suluka Fifita run out for us. He might do better than expected (although he's big so he'll have a lot of expectations riding his shoulders). So perhaps we've got one of those two props you think we need.

I'm honestly pretty happy with the roster. Whether we'll suffer durability issues with a smaller pack remains to be seen. But hopefully we're in for a couple of confidence building wins in the next few weeks.
You know once we get the right halfback in the team the forwards especially the props will defiantly be more effective in attack, IMO the writing is on the wall for Hutch at halfback, as for Suluka Fifita it's a toss of a coin how he recovers from his major injury.
Our props might struggle gaining yardage but their effort in defence generally is nothing short of impressive,
Finally it feels like we are on the right track.

Last edited:

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fancy the so called fans calling out other fans only after the fact...

I call them the Vegans of the the football fan world, because they just cant help themselves but have tell anyone who will listen on how right they are (3 months later)

Last edited:

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The team seems to be performing to the game plan. The missing key is the lack of an on field general.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fancy the so called fans calling out other fans only after the fact...

I call them the Vegans of the the football fan world, because they just cant help themselves but have tell anyone who will listen on how right they are (3 months later)
It's a very odd form of hubris.

A bit like playing Russian Roulette, celebrating "I knew the chamber was empty all along " (yeah, no you didn't) and then admonishing everyone else as stupid for pointing out that your chamber could very well have contained the contents of your very own personalised Darwin Award.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion of how well Ciraldo has done, is doing, and how he's likely to go based on what they've observed so far. But those claiming "they knew", one way or the other (yes, it applies in equal measure to the "certain he'd succeed" crowd as it does to the "he's already failed" crowd), are fooling no one; well, maybe a few - never underestimate the number of "gullibles" that exist, I suppose.

Anyways. Ciraldo is doing well. I had great concerns, based on last year, that he might not have learnt anything over the pre-season (which would have indicated that he might not be teachable). Not all of the concerns have been allayed as yet, but plenty of encouraging steps in the right direction.

In the first trial we played an awesome field position game (please, more of this), albeit against a B-grade Storm outfit, and even though we've come up short in too many games this season, for my liking, there is no argument that our defence and attitude are many levels above where it has been. That's a great foundation to lay a re-build upon.

So, in the very least, I think he has successfully answered the "I thought he was Penrith's defensive guru" question; it appears he was, and now he's ours.

Questions that remain are:
1. Can he overcome his 2023 "Perham-effect" selection bias blind spot (2024: "Hutchison");
2. Can he get this team up another notch from "gallant losses" to "ugly wins" (we need to move from "games we should have won" to "gee, what a bonus those 2 points were");
3. Bench rotations. To be fair, he might not be wrong with what he's currently doing. Maybe in the modern game, with HIA's, etc, he's ahead of the curve and the meta will become a large proportion of near 80-min players complimented by four cameos that provide maximum flexibility, but not all feature for big minutes in any given week depending on how the game unfolds.

So, for mine, he's still right in the middle. Doing well. Improving. But with much still yet to improve and prove. I hope he can take the next step from promising coach to very good coach soon, and hopefully on the way to excellent coach. If he does that we might see him around for a Bellamy-esque tenure as Head Coach of the Bulldogs *fingers crossed*.

P.S When have Vegans EVER been right about anything, even 3 months later? Best thing one can do with deviant predilections, is keep quiet about them :p