Perception By Other Fans

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, and so here comes the next test.
This week we will should not be underdogs, particularly if Ponga is out. We will expect at the very least, a very strong showing, and probably a win.
Can this team, off the back of several "almosts" as underdogs, get themselves up for a game they should probably win (actually, even if Ponga plays).
True, but if the Titans game is anything to go by we should be ok. The Storm loss should have us hungry, especially with the with chance to go into the bye on a high. The alternative (two weeks to think about a home loss to Newcastle), would be torture.

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It shows that if we play good entertaining footy, we'll regain the pride in our team and our respected reputation with the footy public even negating the media bias against us. We're in a good place moving forward as the saying goes :grinning:
100% @wendog33

That left edge is so good to watch. It's not just our fans. Kikau, Burton, Xerri and the Foxx. It just feels likely every time they go left

And I saw a stat last week that we went from 16th to 1st for number of tackles inside 20m before conceding a try. Effort and goal line defensive pride is good this year

We're such a new team, it's just going to take a few more games for their attack execution to be really smooth and clinical. Friday nearly killed me but, we're good to watch again!

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone can argue with it cause it is a very simple way to look at it. Reality is Xerri needed that time in cup to get some footy into him. Managed well by Ciro
The game he turned out the other night was bloody impressive for a bloke that’s been out of the game for so long, the timing of o bring him back into FG was perfect.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have other NRL club supports and their feedback is they're impressed with the Dogs this year.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have other NRL club supports and their feedback is they're impressed with the Dogs this year.
I have noticed a real reduction in the noise coming out of all my Cowboys supporter mates, Good Times :tearsofjoy:

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100% @wendog33

That left edge is so good to watch. It's not just our fans. Kikau, Burton, Xerri and the Foxx. It just feels likely every time they go left

And I saw a stat last week that we went from 16th to 1st for number of tackles inside 20m before conceding a try. Effort and goal line defensive pride is good this year

We're such a new team, it's just going to take a few more games for their attack execution to be really smooth and clinical. Friday nearly killed me but, we're good to watch again!
At least we have something to look forward to every weekend. I’m still scarred from our years in the wilderness expecting to lose and can’t keep my blood pressure down during games, but I have watched every minute so far this season, because win, lose or draw, we are actually worth watching. I haven’t turned off so many games, sometimes even before half time, as I did last season. Tbh I thought it was my love of the sport dying, but it was probably more the fact we were a shell of a team.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The game he turned out the other night was bloody impressive for a bloke that’s been out of the game for so long, the timing of o bring him back into FG was perfect.
To be totally honest, no one other than maybe people within the club could have predicted that. His work ethic has been evident since trials but his timing and hands for that try he assisted was like that of a guy not missing so many years playing. Bet he’s angry at himself knowing that he could have been established by now as a premier centre. He’s been focused at training and playing with the right mentality that he’s still young enough to do that if he keeps this up. He will only improve with time and it’s pretty amazing that he has already improved as much as he has to put in a performance like that.

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
To be totally honest, no one other than maybe people within the club could have predicted that. His work ethic has been evident since trials but his timing and hands for that try he assisted was like that of a guy not missing so many years playing. Bet he’s angry at himself knowing that he could have been established by now as a premier centre. He’s been focused at training and playing with the right mentality that he’s still young enough to do that if he keeps this up. He will only improve with time and it’s pretty amazing that he has already improved as much as he has to put in a performance like that.
I hope becoming one of the game's premier centres is a big part of his motivation. He can't go back, seems to have learned his lesson and now pulls on our jersey with pride. I thought he looked electric on Friday and it's early days.

On this trajectory, he'll be exciting AF by the end of the season

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
his pass selection and timing was outstanding against Melbourne and only a bloke with a shitload of natural ability could play like that after such a long period out, the doping ban could be the best thing that ever happened to Xerri he will never take the game or his talent for granted again, Really looking forward to watching him play for the rest of the year. It will be a shootout between him and Curran for signing of the year IMO.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The perception I feel from other fans is we are an improving team and I don't feel the hate is there like it was a few years ago. The hatred now only seems to be isolated by some bitter journalists.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
his pass selection and timing was outstanding against Melbourne and only a bloke with a shitload of natural ability could play like that after such a long period out, the doping ban could be the best thing that ever happened to Xerri he will never take the game or his talent for granted again, Really looking forward to watching him play for the rest of the year. It will be a shootout between him and Curran for signing of the year IMO.
His hands where Will Hopoate silky. And he's lightning on his feet. Been ages since we've had a centre beat his man with a swerve and speed in the one motion.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Im old school we still lost 4 point up with 7 to go should have won closed the game down wouldn’t have lost in dogs of war days
It’s a shame we have been so shit for so long our fans on here have lost their ruthlessness. We never would have accepted that from 2014 and below. Now we are meant to be proud of an 1-4 start.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since we are on how others rate us, i dont know how whoever do the weekly power ranking for fox sports dropped us 3 spots after last weeks game.

14. CANTERBURY-BANKSTOWN BULLDOGS

Last week’s ranking: 11th (down three spots)

Analysis
: They may have gone down to the Storm 16-14, but the Bulldogs had one of their better games in recent memory against a competition heavyweight. Josh Addo-Carr was superb with a sizzling hat-trick and over 220 metres to go with nine tackle busts and a whopping six linebreaks. Given he made six of the side’s nine linebreaks, the Bulldogs will be kicking themselves they didn’t score more tries. Matt Burton continued his strong form with two try assists, but will be kicking himself for his wayward goal kicking, which could have got his team over the line. The jury is still out on halves partner Drew Hutchison being the right man to play halfback. The Bulldogs need to get back on track against the Knights in Round 7 or they could lose touch with the top eight.

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Since we are on how others rate us, i dont know how whoever do the weekly power ranking for fox sports dropped us 3 spots after last weeks game.

14. CANTERBURY-BANKSTOWN BULLDOGS

Last week’s ranking: 11th (down three spots)

Analysis
: They may have gone down to the Storm 16-14, but the Bulldogs had one of their better games in recent memory against a competition heavyweight. Josh Addo-Carr was superb with a sizzling hat-trick and over 220 metres to go with nine tackle busts and a whopping six linebreaks. Given he made six of the side’s nine linebreaks, the Bulldogs will be kicking themselves they didn’t score more tries. Matt Burton continued his strong form with two try assists, but will be kicking himself for his wayward goal kicking, which could have got his team over the line. The jury is still out on halves partner Drew Hutchison being the right man to play halfback. The Bulldogs need to get back on track against the Knights in Round 7 or they could lose touch with the top eight.
Knights drop 1 spot after losing to a recently underperforming Roosters outfit by 2 points.
Dogs drop 3 spots after losing to a recently dominant, full strength Storm side by 2 points.
Dragons jump 3 spots after beating Tigers, who put on a relatively hapless performance.

Absolute stitch up.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant wait to see one of his breaks put him in the clear and watch him run the whole way to score!

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Knights drop 1 spot after losing to a recently underperforming Roosters outfit by 2 points.
Dogs drop 3 spots after losing to a recently dominant, full strength Storm side by 2 points.
Dragons jump 3 spots after beating Tigers, who put on a relatively hapless performance.

Absolute stitch up.
yeah, no one at fox is sucking flange snr's dick eh?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think we're turning into a worrying prospect to play against. Fir a while I think a decent number of people pitied us. If we have a couple of successive years of finals footy I think opposition fans will soon remember they don't like us.