Rumour Pearce

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep I don’t necessarily think we should sign Pearce. The point was more so that they did a massive rebuild yet they only started to climb off the bottom of the ladder when he signed and their record is still horrendous without him.

But good halfbacks are pretty bloody rare and pretty bloody expensive. Chad Townsend is on $800k next year ffs.

I have no idea what the answer is. I just wish Flanno didn’t suck so much
Yeah, to think what blokes like Milford where on because of the lack of quality halves.
I have know idea what the answer is aswell but it will be painful if Flanno runs out in the 7 round 1 next year.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, to think what blokes like Milford where on because of the lack of quality halves.
I have know idea what the answer is aswell but it will be painful if Flanno runs out in the 7 round 1 next year.
Yep if we don’t sign anyone it could be any one of either : Flanno, Averillo , Wakeham or BBO. There isn’t much between them.

The shit thing is that if you combine the salaries of these 4 you could get a top line halfback

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Gus justifies/twists his words.
If Elliot doesnt get the boot tomorrow, what if he stuffs up again in the off season leaving the Club with no other option than to terminate his contract freeing up funds.
Far fetched yes but thats just 1 scenario.
Anything could happen in the next 5 months.
That and the Club never reveal their hand.
Signing announcements always revealed out of the blue often with no-one in the know.
Barret couldnt squeeze any improvements out of the halves he had to work with this year.
I dont have any confidence that that will change next year.
No use building an RT charger with all the good shit and shoving a mini motor in it expecting it to deliver.
We need an experienced half if we want to start building some consistancy.
Love this bit - great analogy.

"No use building an RT charger with all the good shit and shoving a mini motor in it expecting it to deliver."

So true that even though we have built up our roster for 2022 we are still very weak in the vital positions of half and hooker. That weakness will continue to drag the rest of our team down. The top teams all have gun players in those key positions.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Buzz Rothfield: "The Bulldogs have no salary cap left for 2022."
Phil Gould: "We have spent our cap for 2022."
also Buzz Rothfield: "Dogs offering big money for Pearce".

Does Buzz even bother to read what he reports?

If anyone wouldn't the Dogs be better looking at Corey Norman?
I see Norman as a 5/8
We have Burton coming to play 5/8

we need an out and out halfback

a game
Manager with a kicking game.
Ps Rothfield is a bloody goose

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The halves we have, have been doing just OK. However the thing that is lacking is experience.
If we are stuck with them next year, they will improve. However, we need experience now.
I think Pearce will provide that. But it needs to be at the right money.

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I could see Gus going for Pearce 100%. Gus did talk about when he brought Maloney to Penrith, and the importance of having an experienced half, who ran the side and mentored the youngsters like Cleary ans Luai until they were old enough

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If it comes down to money and maybe sniffing the salt air, South of France might be very attractive to him.
Not only will he have the salt air to sniff, he will have copious amounts of French Bulldogs to whiff and snitch

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't see him going to the Raiders, I don't know if we have the $'s he's after.

The tigers are interested and will probably throw silly money at him for a couple of years if they can offload Brooks. They have money from Mbye and Packer too.
Please Tigers offer Pearce of Crap massive overs like you did for Mbye and Reynolds. We've got too much $ on dud halves Flanno Wakeham and Lewis to waste more money on another dud like Pearce.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep for all of the rebuilding the knights have done they still suck without Pearce
Newcastle still suck with and without Pearce. Pearce is no leader. He's just a HB version of Elliot with another screw up coming up around the corner.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Newcastle still suck with and without Pearce. Pearce is no leader. He's just a HB version of Elliot with another screw up coming up around the corner.
They don’t suck with him mate. Check their record when he plays

I don’t like him nor do I want us to sign him but it’s wrong to say they suck when he plays. They have won something like 8 out of 11 this year with him in the team

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are specials for the 8 if we get Pearce or someone of similar quality. Do not want Burton having to over play his hand. BBO will then be primed to take over in 24.