Pay sees light at Dogs as tension eases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Raiders are a shit team too. So us scoring wasn’t an achievement in my eyes. But Martin is a beast.
It’s Just like when everyone thought we were gonna shake the Como coz we beat fkn cowboys and I said they were shit.
There's a big difference between being happy your team has won a game and proclaiming them title favourites. Not many on here were looking to cash in their winning after the Cows game on the result of the GF. I hate people who only have two views those being the team we are playing are rubbish so we should have won and the other that the only reason why we lose is because we are rubbish. When we win it is because we play well and when we lose it is because we don't play good enough. It is as simple as that. I loved 75 mins of the game on Sat and 5 mins were when we weren't good enough. It happens. Still a marked improvement over where we have been.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There's a big difference between being happy your team has won a game and proclaiming them title favourites. Not many on here were looking to cash in their winning after the Cows game on the result of the GF. I hate people who only have two views those being the team we are playing are rubbish so we should have won and the other that the only reason why we lose is because we are rubbish. When we win it is because we play well and when we lose it is because we don't play good enough. It is as simple as that. I loved 75 mins of the game on Sat and 5 mins were when we weren't good enough. It happens. Still a marked improvement over where we have been.
There’s multiple reasons for me. Shit coach, shit team apart from a select few, shit coach, coach can’t coach coz his shit, thinks it’s a positive losing after dominating the fkn match within 8 minutes left to go.
See I don’t allow myself to get into the hype anymore I’m over getting blue balls which I’m sure you would have gotten the other night.
Thing is, every time they were on our try line our defence was crumbling it’s an embarrassment.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think it was about Holland, he was waving when it first happened to come off. I think the decision was that even with one shoulder Holland was better than Brown in that position. Brown is a half/hooker. He wouldn't know the first thing about defending in the centres, particularly with Croker and Whitehead and Cotric coming at him. Water under the bridge now but with the bench we had there really wasn't much option unless Holland couldn't play at all, which wasn't the case. He was just hampered.
Lewis could have gone to Centre and Brown 6.

Better than carrying an injured player for 60 mins

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Lewis could have gone to Centre and Brown 6.

Better than carrying an injured player for 60 mins
But Lewis isn't a centre either. Yes he's played a couple of games there but he came into Fg as a half. There are very few players in the NRL who can genuinely play more than one position and even they struggle. We seem to be forgetting the quality of Croker, Whitehead and Cotric. You don't get a more potent combo than that in any side in the NRL. Getting beaten by them isn't the worst thing that has happened in footy. I'm not happy that they gave it to us but I can still acknowledge the skill of those blokes. All of them would walk into our team.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
There’s multiple reasons for me. Shit coach, shit team apart from a select few, shit coach, coach can’t coach coz his shit, thinks it’s a positive losing after dominating the fkn match within 8 minutes left to go.
See I don’t allow myself to get into the hype anymore I’m over getting blue balls which I’m sure you would have gotten the other night.
Thing is, every time they were on our try line our defence was crumbling it’s an embarrassment.
No it wasn't. We kept them out for the bulk of the game. It's just the combination of fatigue and a supercharged, nothing to lose all out attacking team coming at us with options that stuck. It only needed one of those passes in the last 8 mins to find the ground and we were home. Just one pass, but on the night it didn't happen and we couldn't stop them. It happens every so often and it happened to us. So unless Pay sent a message out to stop trying then I can't see how you can link what happened to him being a shit coach. Of course he is going to look for a positive in public. he doesn't have the benefit of being a nark on the keyboard, he has to pump them up for the next game. Tell me, how many comps has Ricky won in the last 15 years by telling the world his players are shit? Seems like he is on the same score as Pay. If the team was good enough to get 14 in front I can't see how it is a shit team.

For mine, the past 2 weeks have been the most enterprising footy we have played in 5 years and if it keeps building we will be a force sooner rather than later. Yes there is still plenty to be done but for the first time in a long time we are showing signs of improvement and I for one am not going to knock it.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t see how this is a positive in any way shape or form. Conceding 3 tries within 8 minutes is fkd. Pay has no fucken clue!
Really... You really went there.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
But Lewis isn't a centre either. Yes he's played a couple of games there but he came into Fg as a half. There are very few players in the NRL who can genuinely play more than one position and even they struggle. We seem to be forgetting the quality of Croker, Whitehead and Cotric. You don't get a more potent combo than that in any side in the NRL. Getting beaten by them isn't the worst thing that has happened in footy. I'm not happy that they gave it to us but I can still acknowledge the skill of those blokes. All of them would walk into our team.
I see your point but no offence to Holland he’s not a great centre when fully fit anyway (defensively)

So a busted Holland isn’t better than a fit Lewis or Brown for that matter.

Pay could have also put Hoppa to centre and JMK to fullback , Brown halves

JMK debut was fullback v Warriors (Tigers)

My point is Pay has options and like you pointed out the opposition had gun attacking players on that edge so why give them more advantage by leaving an effort injured player on?

Agree to disagree on this point

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Lights must of been out on the dogs left hand side defence when Holland was defending
Just like the lights were out on our left hand attack for the entire first half... Which is squarely on either Lichaa or Pay, whoever's genius call it was.

Last edited:

Malla

Reaction score
In such situations thats where you go one man out and use your forwards to just hit it up and waste time.
Without a doubt and this only happens if your halves take control and/or you had a capable hooker that could steer the forwards, but our fat fuck leb hooker decided to take a scoot and get the ball stripped lol but thats a separate story altogether

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Lewis has played 2 first grade games and King 15 - inexperience cost us dearly. With 5 minutes left still being up by 8 halves really should have taken control but instead you had flops like Lichaa taking scoots and getting the ball stripped. Either way you have to look at the positives - haven't seen a 5/8 with that much attack in him since Anasta. Still not sold on King being a half, but he puts in and definitely is an attacking player.

Young kids will learn from it.
There were some positives like Lewis.
But it was a massive capitulation which is just not acceptable.
Capacity was sorely lacking in those last six minutes.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No it wasn't. We kept them out for the bulk of the game. It's just the combination of fatigue and a supercharged, nothing to lose all out attacking team coming at us with options that stuck. It only needed one of those passes in the last 8 mins to find the ground and we were home. Just one pass, but on the night it didn't happen and we couldn't stop them. It happens every so often and it happened to us. So unless Pay sent a message out to stop trying then I can't see how you can link what happened to him being a shit coach. Of course he is going to look for a positive in public. he doesn't have the benefit of being a nark on the keyboard, he has to pump them up for the next game. Tell me, how many comps has Ricky won in the last 15 years by telling the world his players are shit? Seems like he is on the same score as Pay. If the team was good enough to get 14 in front I can't see how it is a shit team.

For mine, the past 2 weeks have been the most enterprising footy we have played in 5 years and if it keeps building we will be a force sooner rather than later. Yes there is still plenty to be done but for the first time in a long time we are showing signs of improvement and I for one am not going to knock it.
Look ever since pay has come a head, there’s been excuse after fkn excuse. His very first one was soiling that we have to vs hard teams lol. And don’t get me started on him saying we’re gonna be a competitive team always trying our hardest with the dogs of war coming back. He’s a flop.
I’m more than happy to agree to disagree with you though lol.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wish Pay would spray the team like Terry Wallace did to the Western Bulldogs in this clip.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have been told I’ve toned it down lately lol
We'll considering Des is gone and the heat off Pay is lessoning, not really much talk to about is there.. lol

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We'll considering Des is gone and the heat off Pay is lessoning, not really much talk to about is there.. lol
Yes. We signed a coach who said we’d improve. We’ve gone backwards. I mean it wasn’t hard to improve on how we were last year. That’s my opinion though

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes. We signed a coach who said we’d improve. We’ve gone backwards. I mean it wasn’t hard to improve on how we were last year. That’s my opinion though
Not going there... Just going to ride out the rest of the year watching Pay blood juniors and hope we somehow land B-French and get rid of Hoppa and Holland.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not going there... Just going to ride out the rest of the year watching Pay blood juniors and hope we somehow land B-French and get rid of Hoppa and Holland.
Is bacon French any good though? Seems like he was good for one year.
I’m most excited for martin. Hopefully he keeps motivated and doesn’t get complacent.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
French lol ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.