News Pay on the lookout for more recruits

brockodore

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm waiting on some news about Klemmer in the off season. Don't believe the Board bullshit. His manager is actively talking to other clubs about a switch in the off season. Maybe the Forward is to replace him.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Believe what you will about Foran.

The FACT is that he is grossly overpaid by this organisation.

The return on our investment is well and truly fucked beyond all measure.
Now sure he may “come good”,whatever that means, but given the risks his physical,mental and recent playing history presented, the boobs who signed him should have allowed for this, and paid him commensurate with that RISK.

Where Foran is a ****, is that he strung the Bulldogs along for how many seasons?
Every time his contract cam up he was “so close”to reuniting with his mentor Desfukdo, but nope, went to Parra, nope went to warriors.
Only when his prospects were so dim, and Desfukdo and Ray Dim were desperate to land a “big fish” signing, did he do US THE FAVOUR of signing a million dollar contract, whilst admitting he has the back of an 80 year old and can barely walk after a match.

Yeah, not a fan of this deal at all.
You nailed it!!! this is exactly why I dislike Foran .. There is nothing childish about your rant as some would suggest... it is all factually correct.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
1. Meaney
2. Smith
3. Holland
4. Crighton
5. Montoya

It’s a young backline

6. Foran
7. Lewis/cogger

8. Tolman
9. ?
10. Klemmer
11. RFM/Jackson
12. Martin
13. RFM/ Jackson

14. Brown/Marshall king
15. Suaso sue
16. ?
17. ?

16 & 17 need 2 decent bench signings
Fuck off outta here, you lost all credibility when mentioning Montoya as even being remotely NRL standard for our backline.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's hope that Des Hasler gets a coaching gig with this coach merry-go-round happening right now.
If he does, then we should be able to pick up his excellent rejects he gets rid of.

For exaple, if he coaches
- Manly, we get Tapua back
And attacking players from any other club he might coach at
We might even swap Foran over to him
-

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Think I read that Cameron Munster is off contract.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think I read that Cameron Munster is off contract.
Yeah where dreaming now i think would love it but foran is chewing too much money. I know we have a class room full of wanna be halves but is there room for aj brinsom from the titans ? That kid is giving ash taylor a lesson on how u play the game.

Brycycles94

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Whilst Barba and seggy would do wonders for the club. Signing anyone that really doesn't have much experience in fg would be stupid. I know the club said we can't sign any big names for 3 years honestly I think there lying with cap situation. If they are in as much trouble with the cap don't buy shit.
The club is changing for the better things are looking bright our own future stars should be coming through untill the cap is settled with all the work the club is doing to bring talent to our juniors and drill the dogs dna into these kids. They will better for it they will be Bulldogs through n through. The jerseys will mean something to these kids. I like that better then seeing someone come to the club and no nothing and possibly walk out a year later because we suck or were rebuilding.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we are forgetting how much salary cap we have , some players that have been mention are on very good coin.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like the sound of that.. but Keep dreaming unfortunately..

I cant see our club signing any marquee players in next few years unless we pay through our teeth which we wont do
Barba and Segeyaro are marquee players no more, in fact their chances of failing are greater then succeeding considering the baggage they carry,
But I have no problems with getting them for the right price.
We still be left desperate for a classy and reliable center !
I am hoping we will get Taupau back and Foran will recover back to his best !

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
"We are looking at another forward"

We don't need forwards Dean, we need some decent backs and badly.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/18/canterbury-coach-dean-pay-on-lookout-for-more-bulldogs-recruits/
Pay on lookout for more Bulldogs recruits
Alicia Newton
Sat 18 Aug 2018, 10:01 AM

Canterbury will remain active in the player market with coach Dean Pay revealing he wants at least two more additions to the squad next season now the club's salary cap dramas have been settled.

"We've got a couple of spots to go. We need another outside back and forward. We're in the market for those types of players. We're not rushing into anything, we need to make sure we're getting the right people for our club and quality that's going to improve the group."

Pay has watched his future recruits from afar and has been pleased with their development.

The departure of Mbye will give Meaney an opportunity in the custodian role with Will Hopoate expected to shift back to the centres in 2019.

"We're excited for him to come to the club," Pay said of Meaney.

"There's an opportunity for him to put a stamp on the game and how he wants to improve his game. Nick has made his NRL debut since he's signed and for a young guy has done a great job. It's an exciting time for us. We're starting over and starting fresh. We're pleased they're going to be a part of it."

Pay added Foran was eager to get back on the paddock after a stop-start season that ended with a toe injury and any speculation he wouldn't be a part of the 2019 season was wide of the mark.

The Bulldogs are expected to have Foran, Marcelo Montoya and Raymond Faitala-Mariner return to full training for pre-season in November.
There is a massive rumour going on as Tyrell fuimono and Robert Jennings linked to the Bulldogs.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a massive rumour going on as Tyrell fuimono and Robert Jennings linked to the Bulldogs.
I thought Souths had offered Jennings an upgraded 3 year contract? I’d be surprised if he left now considering how well this year has gone

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we need an anti social halve like DCE or mick ennis, its not how you look its how you feel