Parramatta Eels seeking salary cap dispensation if Jarryd Hayne returns to the NRL

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm starting to see a pattern here.

Bet ya both Sam Burgess and Jarryd Hayne are back in the NRL getting paid more than they were before by 2016 and most importantly for their clubs not taking anywhere near as much space on salary cap.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
just piss of the celery cap, every club cheats it and has ways around it. This allowance under the cap is just another way.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL good old Parra, they don't deserve Hayne after what they did to him denying all his request to leave...

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm starting to see a pattern here.

Bet ya both Sam Burgess and Jarryd Hayne are back in the NRL getting paid more than they were before by 2016 and most importantly for their clubs not taking anywhere near as much space on salary cap.

thats what im getting at...... maybe we should release Williams to take up Japanese rugby then sign Foran then have Williams return in round 5 and get dispensation under the cap?

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
thats what im getting at...... maybe we should release Williams to take up Japanese rugby then sign Foran then have Williams return in round 5 and get dispensation under the cap?
Or maybe just don't let him come back at all? :grinning:

Nah I'm kidding, I love T-Rex.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm torn on it. I want Hayne back in the game obviously as he is a super talent...

Maybe the nrl payment should factor in offers other teams make or something?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm torn on it. I want Hayne back in the game obviously as he is a super talent...

Maybe the nrl payment should factor in offers other teams make or something?
I want him back at our club but the NRL won't let that happen since they didn't want it to happen in the beginning lol, the Eels don't deserve nor do a few other clubs

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want him back at our club but the NRL won't let that happen since they didn't want it to happen in the beginning lol, the Eels don't deserve nor do a few other clubs
Hahahaha fair enough... I feel ya there. Hayne on our team paid outside the cap... I could totally go for that. I just think the paymenty should be to get them in the NRL not in a specific club.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hahahaha fair enough... I feel ya there. Hayne on our team paid outside the cap... I could totally go for that. I just think the paymenty should be to get them in the NRL not in a specific club.
Yeah, Hayne wanted a release to come over but the Eels didn't budge and he done the last resort thing by leaving Australia to play sport since he won't be allowed to play in Australia with his contract still valid until 2016. Eels majorly ****ed up and the NRL don't need to help them when they could of solved the problem by swallowing their pride for the better of the game.

The NRL just sat back and let it happen aswell go figure lol

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, Hayne wanted a release to come over but the Eels didn't budge and he done the last resort thing by leaving Australia to play sport since he won't be allowed to play in Australia with his contract still valid until 2016. Eels majorly ****ed up and the NRL don't need to help them when they could of solved the problem by swallowing their pride for the better of the game.

The NRL just sat back and let it happen aswell go figure lol
Assuming that is true, what could the NRL do? they should have stepped in to allowed a contract to be ignored?

And if I was the Eels, I'd rather see Hayne go than have to play against him and answer to why you let him leave mid contract for another team.

(but true, Hayne isn't stupid, he would know full well that he will be a top candidate for that salary cap dispensation in a year or two as a backup plan. If he fails in his bid to get into the NFL, there is a good chance he could come back and be paid well enough to cover the time he wasn't playing anyway - I thought I read somewhere that the NRL planned to offer that to clubs of their choosing, based on the offers made, I understood that scheme was to be offered to players, not to clubs meaning it wouldn't be granted to the Eels, it would be granted to Hayne directly?)

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Assuming that is true, what could the NRL do? they should have stepped in to allowed a contract to be ignored?

And if I was the Eels, I'd rather see Hayne go than have to play against him and answer to why you let him leave mid contract for another team.

(but true, Hayne isn't stupid, he would know full well that he will be a top candidate for that salary cap dispensation in a year or two as a backup plan. If he fails in his bid to get into the NFL, there is a good chance he could come back and be paid well enough to cover the time he wasn't playing anyway - I thought I read somewhere that the NRL planned to offer that to clubs of their choosing, based on the offers made, I understood that scheme was to be offered to players, not to clubs meaning it wouldn't be granted to the Eels, it would be granted to Hayne directly?)
The variable in all of this is the form Hayne signed with the eels.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
just piss of the celery cap, every club cheats it and has ways around it. This allowance under the cap is just another way.
I think the game is becoming stable enough that it's time to get rid of the cap. IMO, all a club should need to do is prove it's financially viable to be in he comp for the next X years. Won't happen though.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

They should of stepped in and saved them selves form embarrassment, yes its unfair on said club if that happens but tough luck we have a game that needs growing and the only way is through people who attract seat on bums playing their best not going off to other sports or Union especially.

Even if it happens to us we might be sour but it keeps names in our game

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the game is becoming stable enough that it's time to get rid of the cap. IMO, all a club should need to do is prove it's financially viable to be in he comp for the next X years. Won't happen though.
Bulldogs, Roosters, Souths and Brisbane would have reserve grade teams better than some first grade ones. It just wouldn't work.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have said all along that this was going to happen. Clubs will release players to " do their own thing or pursue their dreams" and use the cap money up to purchase more players then when the guy " fails or gets homesick" get special dispensation in order for them to return to the game and to their club. Once David Smith said he had a massive war chest to do with as he pleased it became apparent that something like this was always going to be on the cards. Co incidentally saw the TV story on Sam Burgess leaving Australia ( running out of petrol on the way top the airport) and he has already said that he is starting to have regrets and second thoughts, coincidence much?

Status
Not open for further replies.