Panthers

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Way worse because they've dominated for two seasons and also lost last years Grand Final. That Parra team died after 2001 as us and the Roosters dominated after that.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Storm says hello. I'm really hoping they knock the Panthers out.
You never know with a fit Grant and Papenhuyzen they could do anything. One other thing that makes me always rate Melbourne a chance is that no one really stands up to Panthers pack, but players like NAS, Finucane and J.Bromwich will hit them hard.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Cleary is the best player in the game ATM not just the best half, if him and lui stay healthy I can't see them choking but Bellamy knows how to win the big dance.The storm are the only side that can stop the panthers winning the premier ship IMO.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I know its the thing now on the TK to hate the Panthers, but good on them TBH. They have assembled a great young squad. Yes, they have a big junior nursery, but they also have to have the right pathways and hold onto their future stars, which they have done.

Will they win the comp? Its theirs to lose. I guess the main concern would be peaking too early, especially with such a relatively inexperienced young team. They need to stick together as a group and just keep playing for each other.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Way worse because they've dominated for two seasons and also lost last years Grand Final. That Parra team died after 2001 as us and the Roosters dominated after that.
And the Panthers - don't forget them. The won in 2003 and were alongside us and the Roosters in 2004.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they face storm in the final they lose. Say what you want about storm .. too clinical and always rose to the occasion. Panthers have more pressure to win then anyone else cause yeah you are right , 2001 was a fail losing to spooncastle

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree, its Storm and the Riff then daylight. Manly going well but don't have the depth.The Riff have to wait till the last game of the season to see how good they really are.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bellyache knows how to coach for a grand final.

In 2012 he had his players moving of the mark early and coming up and in on us.

They squandered our attack, knowing the ref was not going to blow a million off side penalties in a gf.

Hes a smart operator, and the best at coaching for a grand final.

Malla

Reaction score
Souths will be much better come semi final time I am sure...

I think it is between Penrith, Storm and Souths. And yes it will definitely be worse than Eels 01 choke job.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I've got a funny feeling that regardless of who is in the gf, the referees will play a huge part in deciding what team wins based on how the profits will fall with Sportsbet. That's why the six again change was implemented.
You'd think Vlad would want Penrith for the feel good story out west.