Our Weakest Link

Is Lichaa our weakest link and the clubs worst no.9 to ever lace the boots on for Canterbury?

• Yes

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 27 56.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Thanks, don’t be jealous though.
Do you even understand what fickle and fair weather mean?
Something about loyalty?
My point is us fans love the club and have more passion than the players do.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Cook has played one decent game in 6 months.

He is a speed merchant. Can't pass, can't tackle.

I don't get what everyone sees in him.
Exactly. By mid season he will be back to making mistakes, missing tackles and sitting on the bench as old man Farah gets resurrected.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
What does my head in is that he has been average at best since we signed him and then he had 2-3 good games at the back end of last year. Yea it prob was des and yes he did what he was told. But I said it last year. No coach will tell his hooker to not kick and take pressure off your halves or provide good service and read plays to know what way to go. The only difference between him with des and him without des is that he darts out from dummy half a few times now and makes some meters but that’s about it.

I wouldn’t also blame him for our go forward as our front line has Been piss week this year and it’s there lazy unfit asses who are causing the problem.
No point going forward in attack if nobody else goes with you.

N

Natboy

Something about loyalty?
My point is us fans love the club and have more passion than the players do.
Agreed but I’m not sure why that warranted you having a go at me?

I’m just saying our fans have become pissweak and are calling for heads after a few bad years or even games.

Look how long some supporters of other teams have waited to win a comp.
I’m not happy with our situation but still turn up to every game & support the team unlike many of our so called “passionate supporters”

Archie

Waterboy
Reaction score
Shit thread and how threads about lichaa constantly get conversations happening is a waste of time. He’s our hooker for now get the fuck over it.

Hunger and passion are our weakest links full stop.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a shit thread, throw the hooker under the bus because half the team are shit

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol yeah it’s Lichaa fault that the forwards don’t run hard,
It’s Lichaa’s fault that we are not winning,
It’s lichaa’s fault that we play side to side,
It’s lichaa’s fault we play one out,
It’s lichaa’s fault we are not a top 4 team.
Fuck me dead give me a break blaming one player for what’s happening is just bullshit.
I agree, maybe below average hooker, but the list of our problem, right now

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
our weakest link is not having a home ground identity which doesnt attract free agents

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Agreed but I’m not sure why that warranted you having a go at me?

I’m just saying our fans have become pissweak and are calling for heads after a few bad years or even games.

Look how long some supporters of other teams have waited to win a comp.
I’m not happy with our situation but still turn up to every game & support the team unlike many of our so called “passionate supporters”
Not having a dig at you just thought your being a smart ass about the fans.
But I agree with you we do need to be more supportive through thick and thin but frustration gets the better of us.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck me dead give me a break blaming one player for what’s happening is just bullshit.
I won't blame Lichaa for every fault we have as a team. But I do think that his passing game contributes to the way our forward pack starts their runs. When Mbye was played at hooker our forward pack were able to build some speed to start their runs. The average metres they made per run rose a bit while he was at 9 and they weren't getting smashed by the defense. If someone with under 10 games at hooker can deliver better service from dummy half it should indicate to people that Lichaa isn't delivering everything we should expect of him. My main concern is that unless he's got someone on the coaching staff directly working at getting his passing up to scratch he'll go through another contract without improving and our forwards won't ever do much.

There is a growing illusion that teams need a creative hooker to be a premiership threat. Simply running from 9 once every couple of sets like Lichaa is this year doesn't make him a creative hooker. If he was getting a ball away and putting the defense under pressure his runs would be very helpful, but he's just making runs and doing nothing to question the defense at the end of them. I thought last year that it would only take a few games for sides to work out that he was going to make regular darts from dummy half and prepare their defense accordingly which they seem to have done. If he was allowing the forwards ti run harder he'd look better with his own dummy half scoots.

Lichaa isn't the worst hooker who's played for us, but he's nowhere close to being in the top 75% that I've seen. I'd place himslightly above Aaron Groom.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Hate to say I told you all so.

I should switch my nickname from Nasheed to ‘the oracle’.

This is why pay needs swift removal at seasons end.
He made it his first mission to resign the punted Lichaa, not for one year, but three!
Did Des stifle his attacking somewhat? Sure.

But could you NOT see this nice guy can’t even land a proper pass from the deck st dummy half? What hooker can’t do this?
He was a deer in headlights at so many points last season and he is slow with everything he does.

On the Flip, the person he replaced, is a livewire origin smoky that lifts the intensity everytime he’s involved in the play.
That’s what hurts the most.
We got rid of quality in Ennis then a prodigy in Cook for this mutt.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I won't blame Lichaa for every fault we have as a team. But I do think that his passing game contributes to the way our forward pack starts their runs. When Mbye was played at hooker our forward pack were able to build some speed to start their runs. The average metres they made per run rose a bit while he was at 9 and they weren't getting smashed by the defense. If someone with under 10 games at hooker can deliver better service from dummy half it should indicate to people that Lichaa isn't delivering everything we should expect of him. My main concern is that unless he's got someone on the coaching staff directly working at getting his passing up to scratch he'll go through another contract without improving and our forwards won't ever do much.

There is a growing illusion that teams need a creative hooker to be a premiership threat. Simply running from 9 once every couple of sets like Lichaa is this year doesn't make him a creative hooker. If he was getting a ball away and putting the defense under pressure his runs would be very helpful, but he's just making runs and doing nothing to question the defense at the end of them. I thought last year that it would only take a few games for sides to work out that he was going to make regular darts from dummy half and prepare their defense accordingly which they seem to have done. If he was allowing the forwards ti run harder he'd look better with his own dummy half scoots.

Lichaa isn't the worst hooker who's played for us, but he's nowhere close to being in the top 75% that I've seen. I'd place himslightly above Aaron Groom.
Lichaa has been around for 3 years and Klemmer was making a lot more metres in the last 2 years than this year so lichaa’s servers hasn’t changed .
Don’t forget des fucked lichaa’s playing abilities and made him a talking machine.
Also Lichaa in the World Cup was one of the best out there.
Even Freddy filter was impressed with Lichaa .

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have to disagree Boxer. His service is absolutely rubbish. Can't keep explaining this.
If Freddy was so impressed he'd be playing origin. He'll NEVER play origin.
He is woeful.

I guess the reason we have expectations is because we have always been successful.
Since the 80's anyway. I've supported us through thick n thin since 88. As in mad bulldog fan.
Had tantrums til at least 13 whenever we lost!
I pride myself on telling people Canterbury are the most successful team since 1980 and a 16 team comp.
We've done it without buying a premiership.
Even our greatest player Terry lamb was 3 or 4 th choice half in his prime.
We've done it through toughness and teamwork.
It's just very frustrating to see no way out at the moment and a coach 'flogging a dead horse'
I've always had faith in our club, I've never worried but things seem a bit different at the moment.
I want to be the powerhouse of the NRL again, of course.
Why would we wanna have a run like shithouse Parra or Tigers etc, no thanks.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Klemmer just made more metres then cause he was targeted less and had a lot more grunt.
Lichaa has always been shit house. No one can name a worse hooker in the NRL. It's an extremely important position.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Have to disagree Boxer. His service is absolutely rubbish. Can't keep explaining this.
If Freddy was so impressed he'd be playing origin. He'll NEVER play origin.
He is woeful.

I guess the reason we have expectations is because we have always been successful.
Since the 80's anyway. I've supported us through thick n thin since 88. As in mad bulldog fan.
Had tantrums til at least 13 whenever we lost!
I pride myself on telling people Canterbury are the most successful team since 1980 and a 16 team comp.
We've done it without buying a premiership.
Even our greatest player Terry lamb was 3 or 4 th choice half in his prime.
We've done it through toughness and teamwork.
It's just very frustrating to see no way out at the moment and a coach 'flogging a dead horse'
I've always had faith in our club, I've never worried but things seem a bit different at the moment.
I want to be the powerhouse of the NRL again, of course.
Why would we wanna have a run like shithouse Parra or Tigers etc, no thanks.
Well Freddy did mention his name for origin and I can bet you if we have won 3 games his name will be popping up everywhere as the nsw hooker.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Exactly, the majority of players are as shit as Lichaa.

Status
Not open for further replies.