Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Round 2 finals 2014

This team is 10 times as fast as the team of 2017.... super fit and super quick

the sad part is back then we used to think it was slower than the other teams in the comp. :weary::weary::weary:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This team is 10 times as fast as the team of 2017.... super fit and super quick

the sad part is back then we used to think it was slower than the other teams in the comp. :weary::weary::weary:
You just knew when we were at 16 all we'd be even hungrier to win.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you think our run into the finals was due to how Des coached the players or did we just have a better roster?

due to Des we lost both grand finals

the super coach couldnt even come up the plan B with such a great roster.

He has destroyed and killed careers single handedly.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Both, coach makes the game-plan, players followed suit. Look so much better than this year :(
Then it's the players. So my question is why did Des drop a functioning roster and replace it with rookies?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
of course its the players

players come to dogs and they become fat, lazy and shit.

#sarcasm
So the most important element to a team are the individual players? It's like cooking you cant make a gourmet meal with bad ingredients.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Wolfmother, just like you can't blame a teams failures ENTIRELY on the coach (obviously he takes a large part of the blame), a large portion of their success goes to the coach as well.. don't forget how bad we looked as we crashed out the year before. I mean, you can shit on Des now as the dogs are performing badly, but you don't need to take away all his previous successes as well, without Des they don't make this run. Also I said both. It's not just the players, and it's not just the coach

we have been shit since 2012.

2012 was the team assembled by kevin moore and des had no part to play in it in comparison to the rabble he has assembled in 2017 after 5 years of his "hard" work.

2014 we made the GF yes but our plays were still pathetic with zero game plan. 2014 was a fluke.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
In 2014 we were mainly inconsistent in regular season, however played some great finals footy and we only got robbed because Ennis was gone. @Zee

ok Des, what ever.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
2014 was an awesome run but the physicality of the contests took its toll. We had a very gritty team defensively. Hodko and Ennis were instrumental in that campaign. Unfortunately both got injured against Penrith. Week 1, the Storm in Melbourne we put on a defensive master class and Lafai had his best game in a dogs jersey imo.

Perrett what a season from him as a fullback. Really that was the only exception I can make to the fullback experiment because we had just lost Barba so we needed time to look for one.

Some great memories that year. Post 2014 is when the decline began, it's the same story with Souths now as well. Both deserved to be there in the final but look at us now. Souths 14th, Dogs 13th.

Reactions: mz

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@Wolfmother, just like you can't blame a teams failures ENTIRELY on the coach (obviously he takes a large part of the blame), a large portion of their success goes to the coach as well.. don't forget how bad we looked as we crashed out the year before. I mean, you can shit on Des now as the dogs are performing badly, but you don't need to take away all his previous successes as well, without Des they don't make this run. Also I said both. It's not just the players, and it's not just the coach
OK I can't argue with certainty that our success has more to do with our players than the coach , I can say without a doubt that a brilliant coach (such as Des for example) is useless without a good roster.. And des is in charge of that roster and that is my frustration with Des.. Little by little he has chipped away at our team till we have become the tigers..

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2014 was an awesome run but the physicality of the contests took its toll. We had a very gritty team defensively. Hodko and Ennis were instrumental in that campaign. Unfortunately both got injured against Penrith. Week 1, the Storm in Melbourne we put on a defensive master class and Lafai had his best game in a dogs jersey imo.

Perrett what a season from him as a fullback. Really that was the only exception I can make to the fullback experiment because we had just lost Barba so we needed time to look for one.

Some great memories that year. Post 2014 is when the decline began, it's the same story with Souths now as well. Both deserved to be there in the final but look at us now. Souths 14th, Dogs 13th.
All gooooone, and not by choice..not even barba went by choice he was hanging for a payrise

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
100% agreed.... hoping these new changes for 2018 prove good, if not he should be out the door @Wolfmother
I'm happy that Des has finally seen the light and bought an experienced half.
I know he used to be able to create brilliant players but that's before he became some spiritual meditating coach/ guru.. I wish we had the door ripping des

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We got a very lucky finals draw and got beaten comfortably by the first side to match up physically with us - just so happened to be in the GF.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It was the fact that both Manly and Penrith were devestated by injury. Both at full strength beat us.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Des is to blame.....

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm happy that Des has finally seen the light and bought an experienced half.
I know he used to be able to create brilliant players but that's before he became some spiritual meditating coach/ guru.. I wish we had the door ripping des
Get off the sauce. Who are the brilliant players that he used to create?

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It was the easiest draw in finals history. One good half against the Storm, that's al it was. This pretender finals run covered up all the weakness and it's why we are where we are today

Status
Not open for further replies.