Our loss compared to Parra's

Status
Not open for further replies.

dean_aus

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just wanted to get everyone's opinion - if we put in the same performance as the Eels did tonight (compared to our 36-0 loss) would you be happier?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
what happened to Eels?

dean_aus

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lost 20-6. Completed at 64% whilst Sharks completed at 67%.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I would be... they at least ran hard and looked interested and there players ain't fat and unfit... I don't mind going down with a fight... but going down the way we did is beyond embaressing

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd rather we just put in the performance that the Bulldogs were known for - never give up.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes I would be... they at least ran hard and looked interested and there players ain't fat and unfit... I don't mind going down with a fight... but going down the way we did is beyond embaressing
This

Parra made some handling errors it wasn't due to lack of effort

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
would you rather Newcastle's result? personally I would, they weren't expected to win and have been backed to the hilt for the spoon....us on the other hand are expected to produced something under the mighty Desmond Hilter

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Its all in the scoreline.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I didn't see either game because was at work but losing 3 tries to 1 is different to 7 tries to 0.

I heard our game on the radio, didn't sound to me that we were even close to scoring 1 try.

dean_aus

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Its all in the scoreline.
I'm sorry to disagree but I do. If Sharks had completed at 81% (as Manly did) - eels may have lost by a bigger margin? They also weren't down a player for 10 minutes - where we conceded two tries.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm sorry to disagree but I do. If Sharks had completed at 81% (as Manly did) - eels may have lost by a bigger margin? They also weren't down a player for 10 minutes - where we conceded two tries.
You are making excuses for us it was a sickening effort. Those stats are pointless to me, the only stats that matter are that our for and against is 36 points worse off for that flogging. When is the last time we failed to score a point? We were unwatchable and I didnt watch Parra after our game anyway.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Not sure why we are bothering to compare our losses with other teams losses.

But comparing our own losses to each other this year, our losses vs storm and roosters were good losses, only 1 less try than storm, and the same number of tries (but 3 missed goals) vs the 4-0 roosters. This week's loss was a bad loss, we didnt show up.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
U clowns are in denial..

Bottom 4 written all over us
No depth .
Defensive line moves so slow
Forwards dont bend the line
Why didnt des move Jmoz to rhe right side when Lafai was playing for us?

manly is not even a top side and they owned us.
All the good teams are circling and waiting for there turn to get the F/A up

Last edited:

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with winning and everything to do with attitude! Our attitude is SHIT! Not even close to what the Bulldogs stands for. What we are watching is a group of uninterested football players who are only worried about their pay cheques and not willing to put their body on the line for the jersey!

dean_aus

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You are making excuses for us it was a sickening effort. Those stats are pointless to me, the only stats that matter are that our for and against is 36 points worse off for that flogging. When is the last time we failed to score a point? We were unwatchable and I didnt watch Parra after our game anyway.
We failed to score a point last year in Townsville against the Cowboys. We lost 36-0 also. I'm not making an excuse at all, I simply wanted to know how everyone would feel if we lost the way parra did.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
We failed to score a point last year in Townsville against the Cowboys. We lost 36-0 also. I'm not making an excuse at all, I simply wanted to know how everyone would feel if we lost the way parra did.
Ah shit I put that game out of memory. Parra played the Premiers and at least put up a fight. 36-0 against Manly. Cmon

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could probably count on one hand the number of times a Dogs player ran as hard as they could. It was an absolute plodathon

Status
Not open for further replies.