Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Nash

what does it mean by "featured on social media"

it means that my thread is journo material??

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Mbye is kicking tonight, I will throw my couch at the T.V
Photos for proof, video if you're lucky.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
take that Paul Kent!

didnt know we had a facebook page... well we have hundred on facebook, but didnt know this forum had one too.

sweet!
Wow you are almost officially a sports reporter

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Mbye is kicking tonight, I will throw my couch at the T.V
Photos for proof, video if you're lucky.
I await both, lol. Looking at stats for this year and Holland has a better percentage of successful kicks; but, bet my bottom dollar that Moses will have the duty. Holland will not be a permanent fixture in our team once injuries clear up ;Moses will be there regardless, that's the way the coach rolls.

Prior to any NSW Cup NRL experience;

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/team_...197525921&client=1-2137-97457-295778-18622728

Season Statistics
M
Last TRIES FIELD GOALS GOALS POINTS
17 2014-09-21 15 0 31 122

Game Log
Date
Opposition T G FG
Sat 26/Apr
Port Stephens Sharks 1 4 0
Sat 3/May Kurri Kurri 1 5 0
Sat 10/May Central Newcastle 3 0 0
Sun 18/May South Newcastle 0 0 0
Sat 24/May Western Suburbs 0 1 0
Sun 22/Jun Maitland 1 0 0
Sat 28/Jun Kurri Kurri 1 0 0
Sat 5/Jul Port Stephens Sharks 1 0 0
Sat 12/Jul Lakes United 3 5 0
Sun 20/Jul Central Newcastle 1 2 0
Sat 26/Jul South Newcastle 1 5 0
Sat 2/Aug Macquarie Scorpions 0 4 0
Sun 10/Aug Western Suburbs 0 3 0
Sat 30/Aug Central Newcastle 1 2 0
Sun 7/Sep Macquarie Scorpions 1 0 0
Sun 14/Sep South Newcastle 0 0 0
Sun 21/Sep Western Suburbs 0 0 0

Previous Seasons
Competition
Season M Last TRIES GOALS POINTS
2015 Toohey's Cup First Grade 2015 5 2015-06-21 2 10 28
2014 Newcastle RL Tooheys Cup First Grade 2014 17 2014-09-21 15 31 122

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3439225/hasler-pounces-on-knights-young-gun/

WE don't recruit reserve-grade players."

With that single sentence from Canterbury coach Des Hasler, Kerrod Holland's mind was made up.

The goal kicking star of Newcastle's NSW Cup grand final victory last month was on his way to Belmore.

The 23-year-old centre has agreed to terms on a two-year deal with the Bulldogs and hopes to put pen to paper this weekend, capping a remarkable rise from playing in the Newcastle Rugby League competition with Cessnock just a few months ago.

Holland played just one game in Newcastle's reserve grade before round 12.

He scored a hat-trick in round 13 and finished the season with 18 tries, a swag of goals, selection in the NSW Cup team of the year and a grand final winners' medal.

To cap it all off, the Novocastrian Electrical electrician then found himself attracting offers from rival NRL clubs offering him a position on their full-time NRL squad.

"I don't think it's quite sunk in yet," he told the Newcastle Herald on Thursday.

"I guess it will when I get down there and training starts.

‘‘But I’m definitely looking forward to throwing in the work boots for a pair of footy boots, that’s for sure.’’

The clincher was the promise from Hasler and his chief talent scout, Noel Cleal, that they were not interested in signing Holland merely to make up the numbers in their second-string team.

‘‘That’s something you want to hear from a first-grade coach,’’ Holland said.

‘‘The attraction definitely was to train full-time.

‘‘I went down and met with Des Hasler and Crusher Cleal, and I think there was just more of an opportunity to lead into first-grade football.

‘‘You’ve got to take your opportunities, especially at my age.

‘‘You don’t get too many, so you have to take them when they come along.’’

Holland said he nonetheless offered the Knights, the club he had supported all his life, the chance to make a counter offer.

‘‘We did go back to the Knights, and I would have loved to have stayed, especially coming from Singleton,’’ Holland said. ‘‘It’s my home club, and it’s the team I’ve supported for 23 years.

‘‘I would love to have stayed, but football is a business, and sometimes it’s got to be treated like that. You’ve got to take your opportunities when they come.’’

Knights chief executive Matt Gidley told the Herald two weeks ago that the club had made ‘‘a pretty competitive offer’’ to retain Holland but ‘‘we wouldn’t be offering him a top-25 contract at this stage’’.

Holland said his whirlwind rise kicked off 12 months ago when Newcastle’s new NSW Cup coach, Matt Lantry, offered him a chance to train on spec.

‘‘Matt Lantry got in contact with me at the end of last year and asked if I wanted to do a pre-season,’’ Holland said.

‘‘I told him I’d love to give it one last crack.

‘‘I just worked my way up from there. I got into the Cup squad but didn’t know if I’d get a game or not. I started the year in Cessnock, then I played one game in the Cup in round five and didn’t play again until round 12.

‘‘I was 18th man for a few games but didn’t get an opportunity until there were a couple of injuries in first grade.

‘‘I set a goal for myself to play one game and ended up playing 17 or 18.’’

Now the goal is to test himself at NRL level, which would have seemed an impossible dream just a few months ago.

kingoftown

Waterboy
Reaction score
Allowing teams into the game will cost us a game or more. Pressure and limiting opposition options will win us games this season though.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Des replaces Holland when Stanley returns I will be absolutely filthy. 2 games won thanks to Holland so far.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You mean his more competent workmate lol

If I was his workmate I would implode the media from the inside lol
If Paul Kent were my workmate, I would steal his lunch from the fridge every day and make sure I cracked one off into it before returning it.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
3/3 won us the game. What a gun.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Stanley will struggle to get back in when he is fit, Holland will only get better and could be the next super boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.