Our 2024 fullback is…

BULLDOGGSFAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Does anyone know who’s going to play fullback next year? The way I see it we have 4 options (not including Kiraz):

Blake Taffe

Pros
: Probably the best ball player on the list and if he settles into the role has the potential to be a similar style of FB to Drinkwater at the Cowboys.
Which considering we don’t have the best halves pairing having someone that can create at the back would be ideal.

Cons: Bit small to be effective defensively and pretty useless in yardage.

Connor Tracey

Pros
: Reliable first grade standard player who always gives 100%.
At his best he could fill a Luke Patten style role being super safe at the back and great in support play.

Cons: Not the best ball player. Tends to have injuries and would probably not be able to see out a full season.

Stephen Chricton

Pros
: He’s a genuine athlete and by all reports seems to have a great work ethic and is the ultimate professional. If he was given the role he would improve with every week and could easily turn into our long term option. Critter also has the most big game experience out of the FB options and would be safe under the bomb and competent in yardage.

Cons: Playmaking would need to develop and defensive positioning
would have to improve. In the limited amount we’ve seen him play at FB he can be caught out of position in fielding kicks at times.

Hayze Perham:

Pro
: Um, he played there last year?

Cons: Well, you know…

Anyway let me have it! Who have you got and why?

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it’ll either be Tracey or Taafe. Personally I’d like to see Burton play there.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely Crighton has the right for first crack at Fullback. If he doesn't work out in the first few rounds, we can always move him to centre.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Does anyone know who’s going to play fullback next year? The way I see it we have 4 options (not including Kiraz):

Blake Taffe

Pros
: Probably the best ball player on the list and if he settles into the role has the potential to be a similar style of FB to Drinkwater at the Cowboys.
Which considering we don’t have the best halves pairing having someone that can create at the back would be ideal.

Cons: Bit small to be effective defensively and pretty useless in yardage.

Connor Tracey

Pros
: Reliable first grade standard player who always gives 100%.
At his best he could fill a Luke Patten style role being super safe at the back and great in support play.

Cons: Not the best ball player. Tends to have injuries and would probably not be able to see out a full season.

Stephen Chricton

Pros
: He’s a genuine athlete and by all reports seems to have a great work ethic and is the ultimate professional. If he was given the role he would improve with every week and could easily turn into our long term option. Critter also has the most big game experience out of the FB options and would be safe under the bomb and competent in yardage.

Cons: Playmaking would need to develop and defensive positioning
would have to improve. In the limited amount we’ve seen him play at FB he can be caught out of position in fielding kicks at times.

Hayze Perham:

Pro
: Um, he played there last year?

Cons: Well, you know…

Anyway let me have it! Who have you got and why?
Great post mate.
Be really interesting to see what the coach does.
However, for me, I want Critta in the centres.
He is one of the best in the game, I think I'd have him playing centre on our left attacking side with ado carr outside him.

I think I would trial taafe and tracey at fullback and see whos all round game is better.
I think I'd possibly go with tracey.
Taafe would be great back up if tracey gets injured.
All depends how their form is going and how the rest of the team is positioned.
I still don't know our halves yet.

We are spoilt for choice that's for sure.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We are paying crichton serious fullback money so it must be him at least from r1. Lets just pray can kill it there for us otherwise we are in huge trouble
I get where you are coming from.
I'm just not convinced, but I didn't think Inglis could transition to fullback either.
He proved me wrong

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm just not convinced, but I didn't think Inglis could transition to fullback either.
He proved me wrong
Inglis had size strength and agility, I don’t see that in critta.
At least Tracey has played at fullback and has the speed and athleticism to play there.
Plus backing up players is a must for a fullback.

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Inglis had size strength and agility, I don’t see that in critta.
At least Tracey has played at fullback and has the speed and athleticism to play there.
Plus backing up players is a must for a fullback.
RFM

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He proved me wrong
Fullback was always GIs natural position. Played there coming throug the grades and always played there for storm as a teenager whenever slater was unavailable. The crichton situation is v diff

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
One side of spectrum Crichton will end up having a game at fullback in all likelihood with injuries/suspensions so why not start him there from round 1.
The other side is Critta will be huge for our wide defense which has been non existent for years making the overall side stronger with Tracey/Taafe playing fullback. To be bluntly honest I’ll be surprised if Ciraldo doesn’t start Critta at FB and you can’t argue to much against that, it’s just we have a real opportunity to tighten our defense.