News Once in a lifetime’: How Bulldogs landed UFC’s greatest fighter straight off the plane

4Runner

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I fail to get excited over this visit, if it takes this to get the boys to fire up and get motivated something is missing
I dont watch UFC but I can appreciate the fitness and mental strength required. Its not hard to see the motivation its giving the players but I dont think its because something is missing. Combat style 'entertainment' has been a global thing for a while now and the team can obviously relate that to when playing a game of footy. But it seems the team trains with other less controversial fighters for this reason so I'm not going to get bogged down with just one bloke who maybe just cant handle the piss. We all know people like that.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I fukn hate those Paul ******.
I'm on the same boat, mate. They are taking spots from people who worked hard all there life to get into wrestling and boxing. They are just both egotistical maniacs.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck some people just can’t be happy. Having Jon visit them would of been the biggest morale boost. Nrl players are addicted to the ufc and boxing. To have the greatest MMA fighter in history to go there to give some professional insights is a great thing the club did. The fact Jon got involved with kicking and tackling would of made it all the more special to them, the staff and players won’t ever forgot that day.
You just have to look at their reactions to him. I have never heard of the bloke, but I don’t care for UFC and martial arts etc. I don’t care about what he has or hasn’t done either because I don’t know or care about him. BUT, it’s clear most of the players do and they obviously admire him, so whatever. If it gives them a boost, all the better for our season.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems the season cant start soon enough...lucky the trials, the season and the controversial refereeing decisions are all just around the corner :grinning:
Don’t fkn remind me! I actually remembered this yesterday. I thought why am I hyped for a new season when I will be pissed off by the stupid commentators and shitty refs/rules.

I just hope we have some entertainment from our boys and with guys like Critta, Xerri and Tracey, it’s a good chance.