OFFICIAL: Kevin Moore quits as Bulldogs coach. Effective immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LebaneseBulldog

Bulldogs
Reaction score
Im happy in a way in such that it is probably the best option moving forward, but i love the bulldogs so much and it sorta makes me sad that our club needs to come to this level

We have never been a club to fight behind closed doors, but the media has somewhat made this dilema so much more than it is. It comes down to the players, the coach can only do so much.

I love the bulldogs so much and i have faith in Dymock this is a new chapter for the doggies lets all get behind it !

TG stepped up to the plate once again, never doubted him, moving forward TG knows what he is doing !

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
I hope everyone on the kennel judges dymock the same way and to the same ferocity that you have judged moore.

My expectations of improvement have gone down significantly with Dymocks appointment.
What do you expect from Dymock?? People have to have common sense here and not expect immediate results, he has 8 games and is most likely just filling in until we appoint a head coach for 2012.

L

loui323

I have always said it Kevin should be on the board, the club needs him.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The son of the great Bullfrog forced to step down. We are not the mighty bulldogs we once were...

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder how Ben Roberts feels about this considering a) Dymock might've given him a chance in halves and b) Hayne might develop into a 5/8.
Mhm, wonder if Dymock will in fact make any changes. It is a little hard for him now as it is half way through the week to change alot. It is also hard for Dymock to bring in others as we are overseas in NZ.

YOUNGY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Firstly a sad day for KM. Now let this be a warning to those in charge, the supporters wont tolerate the team/club underperforming.

Thanks to the Moore family for thier efforts at the Bulldogs.

LebaneseBulldog

Bulldogs
Reaction score
He is such a nice guy, feel sorry for him.

But at the end of the day it is a results driven job, and the fact of the matter is that he wasn't producing results with such a talented squad

I think this yearis a write off, unless Dymock has a total change in support staff and game plan, nothing will change

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Best contribution in the first half of 2009...we actually looked unbeatable then. Never going to forget that St George game where we should've won or how we won against a full strength Storm outfit with Kimmorley injured in the first half

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
As much as i wanted him out, i now feel sorry for him, for he is still a human just like us.
That's the thing, this is a guy who has just lost his job. I wouldn't like it if my old man quit his job and people celebrated it.

That sounds hypocritical of me because I believed we needed a new coach. Like I said before for the Club's sake, we better start performing. If we lost Moore and it's the same sht week-in-week-out, we have a lot of explaining to do.

Buffalo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What do you expect from Dymock?? People have to have common sense here and not expect immediate results, he has 8 games and is most likely just filling in until we appoint a head coach for 2012.
I agree on the common sense with Dymock - he will not be the saviour that people on the kennel make him out to be.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is such a nice guy, feel sorry for him.

But at the end of the day it is a results driven job, and the fact of the matter is that he wasn't producing results with such a talented squad

I think this yearis a write off, unless Dymock has a total change in support staff and game plan, nothing will change
As TG might put it, this is now a business. Jobs are saved on performances.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
same as any sacking - not pleasant but a necessary evil. It's only the first step though, Moore was an obvious contributor but clearly only part of the overall problem.

Who do we appoint now? Gotta be Ricky hasn't it?

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Oh and hopefully this means the end of players like Wright and Warburton

Buffalo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I wonder how Ben Roberts feels about this considering a) Dymock might've given him a chance in halves and b) Hayne might develop into a 5/8.
who cares - ben Roberts had5, count them 5 years to make a mark. get over it and on with it.

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
That's the thing, this is a guy who has just lost his job. I wouldn't like it if my old man quit his job and people celebrated it.

That sounds hypocritical of me because I believed we needed a new coach. Like I said before for the Club's sake, we better start performing. If we lost Moore and it's the same sht week-in-week-out, we have a lot of explaining to do.
This.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope for his sake, he can get an assistant job or something somewhere else or have some part of the Bulldogs moving forward behind the scenes or something. Just like MAtt Elliot, i felt sorry for him as well. Never easy to step down when your not wanted. You have to move on, as did Elliot with assistant coach at roosters next year, hope something similar happens to Moore as he is a nice guy.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Expect to go into Warriors game with same 17 players. Possibly Keating at Hooker and Roberts at Five-Eightht. But that would be probably the only change. He has only one night to figure out what he is doing. Definately not an easy job for Dymock now.

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
Mhm, wonder if Dymock will in fact make any changes. It is a little hard for him now as it is half way through the week to change alot. It is also hard for Dymock to bring in others as we are overseas in NZ.
Aside from a potential attitude shift, I don't think we'll see any change this week.

For future rounds? Well he could move the halves and utility bench players around but he's in a tricky position as far as Roberts is concerned. Do you salvage this year or prepare for next?

Hopefully he'll either bench Idris and play him in the backrow or drop him completely. Lafai (I'm not up to date with his injury) should be playing first grade now. I've never considered Idris a centre anyway and can't see him playing there for long or at all for the Titans.

Status
Not open for further replies.