Offer Made (May)

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To put into context, May wanting to have all his brothers at the same club is his dream/ideal scenario but certainly isn’t a deal breaker

The opportunity to jag a starting spot and increase in salary will dictate his next move
Exactly. People are overreacting to those comments because it will never happen anyway. They say anything on these Podcasts..

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Truly this signing needs to happen for us having a good chance of top 8 in the near future

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This signing is a fucking clown show. Sick to death of the circus.

With all due respect, he sounds like a complete idiot. Fuck him and the Roosters.

"please sign my bros up as well". They are NOT rep stars like the Morris twins, so get real!!!
I tend to agree. However, I highly doubt Gould is one to be held over a barrell!! We will sign him on our terms, or not, of this im sure. This might also mean that we sign him and Taylan May who is a great talent, but I dont think Gus would sign 3 players to gain 1.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I don’t like these sort of announcements. When we sign someone normally comes out of nowhere. These sort of announcements tend to be to out pressure on the player to
Make a decision or set market value and normally result in not signing said player.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

With all due respect, he sounds like a complete idiot. Fuck him and the Roosters.

"please sign my bros up as well". They are NOT rep stars like the Morris twins, so get real!!!
Get used to it. We have shot ourselves in the foot time after time in the player market over the past couple yrs so no player wants to come here unless the agreement is all 1 way traffic in there favour. This is another prime example. This is what its come to

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gus was visiting jails to try and secure talent. How are u only just waking up to this

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Won't be long before Gould bows down to Terrell's demands it's too tempting for Gould to Pantherise the Bulldogs team.
Just a couple more ex panthers or panthers reserve graders will do the trick I reckon. Then the pantherisation will be complete and we will be unstoppable

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

nothing in his podcast with that bloke in a bar dude screamed high iq footy player or any intelligence for that matter

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s a newspaper article from the DT, anyone could have leaked info to them for a dozen different reasons …

My #1 guess would be his management dropped it to see if the Rorters would up their offer …

And if that eventuates it’ll be another miss from us from the clowns, you know .. because the DT said we’d made an offer ..

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Roosters are not interested in his brothers, so that makes it even better for the Dogs.
He would be a marvelous acquisition if it happens.
Adding to the Hughes and Mortimer family playlist.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whenever we're reported as favourites to sign someone they usually sign somewhere else or re-sign. I'd be happy if we signed him though. He's a talent and has some decent upside.

500k isn't cheap but it's about what players of his potential cost under the current cap. Especially with so few forwards available which drives his price up.. The Fainu brothers cost 500k each and May is much more proven than them..
Dogs have the money to offer, but I'm stunned to read that the Roosters have a salary cap.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Dogs have the money to offer, but I'm stunned to read that the Roosters have a salary cap.
No way they renew Angus Chricton, there is some money there. I actually think that they don't resign Manu and I have a feeling Teddy retires at the end of this season. They will have money, will be hard to compete for signatures against them.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So because we are desperate for a prop let’s signal his 2 brothers even though we don’t need them….if he thinks he can demand and bribe clubs to satisfy his family needs that he can piss off because we don’t want players who will be controlling the club
Absolutely agree mate, club first, team second, individual third ... the bloke might be a good upcoming prop but he's far from a superstar player and quite frankly a nobody to be making these kind of demands, not only do we not need his 2 brothers and it would be a waste of top 30 spots but why would the one in esl come back to aus just to play reserve grade. The moment you give in to these kind of demands you set yourself up for nothing but drama.