NSW RL Club Champions

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
kennellers saying game was on 9now and Blake MOM.
Was he really? I watched the game but didn't see the presentation. He did have a good game. Dropped a bomb in his in goal that looked to have been knocked on, but got away with it and made it back to the 10.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Was he really? I watched the game but didn't see the presentation. He did have a good game. Dropped a bomb in his in goal that looked to have been knocked on, but got away with it and made it back to the 10.
Didnt see it. Watching later if 9now. A few have said he got MOM.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can’t be any doubters we are on the right track. We are coming back as a powerhouse

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Even more impressive considering our NSW cup side were clear cut top 2 before injuries / fallout. It is fair to say that Oloapu and Papalii probably wouldn't have dropped back to Flegg had NSW cup not imploded with the whole Topine thing, so it balanced out in the end.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Awesome stuff , also heard Taaffe had a good game for souths can someone confirm.
Yep was MOM. Makes me sad whenever that title is awarded in NSW cup and state finals, as it always reminds me of poor Josh Cleeland who won many of them but never got the FG debut he deserved

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep was MOM. Makes me sad whenever that title is awarded in NSW cup and state finals, as it always reminds me of poor Josh Cleeland who won many of them but never got the FG debut he deserved
Wow you are right i do remember him.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well done to our young pups!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Never getting a f/g gig did not ever seem to make any sense.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I understand that but it appears the attitude amongst the playing group and the way they've been allowed to bludge has been a contributing factor for a long while. He has bought ok of what has been out there and realisticly of what players who would want to come here under this losing attitude. Factor in also that those opposition players would have also picked up on the loser culture when they played us and many would not want to be part of it.

Hopefully this lazy training and loser thought process blow up has done the trick in getting us in the right mindset at least without that baggage.

Now its up to all our Admin and all our coaching staff to turn things around with this new roster.

I hate excuses too but it is real that the 17th team recruitment and increasing the salary cap has severely dented the list of players available to recruit.

We just have to accept at this stage that he has done the best possible job and it is what it is \_(ツ)_/¯. I mean we do have possibly the most credentialled, best back to come onto the market for years in Critta and a few handy guys we do know of so far.

We are all hoping for the best with these last few roster spots.
Lol just need to take meds

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I could I have sworn he played first grade for us once and clearly remember him on the team sheet but I checked and you are actually right!! He didn’t. My memory is going

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I could I have sworn he played first grade for us once and clearly remember him on the team sheet but I checked and you are actually right!! He didn’t. My memory is going
Yeah des picked some mid fucking players over him in the top squad. I remember pre season that year everyone was keen on Cleeland / Foran halves pairing... nose whistler had other ideas

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah des picked some mid fucking players over him in the top squad. I remember pre season that year everyone was keen on Cleeland / Foran halves pairing... nose whistler had other ideas
Not that it matters much but don’t think Foz actually played any footy under Dez at the dogs. Dez was given the ass before Foz arrived

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Not that it matters much but don’t think Foz actually played any footy under Dez at the dogs. Dez was given the ass before Foz arrived
That's right. It was Dean Pay, it was Frawley that was favoured though sadly.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
That's right. It was Dean Pay, it was Frawley that was favoured though sadly.
I do remember Cleeland though. To your point he had a few strong seasons especially 2018 when NSW cup won the comp. That team was stacked with fringe first graders.