Official NSW CUP Jersey Flegg Ron Massey Scores ,Squads and Team News 2024

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last I saw of him he was in a photo with Nu Brown in Newcastle
Yeah haven’t seen him in any training pics or anything. Seems like he’s gone as well? Wasn’t he just re-signed end of last year for two years?

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Topine last played:
NSW Cup Round 17
NRL Round 21 vs Panthers (on bench but never played). Week before played 80 minutes vs Broncos.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From NRL to NSW Cup, the clubs gone to complete and utter shit in the past month odd.

Gould needs to front the media and explain what's going on, as clubs don't just fall apart like this for no reason.

And we can't use injuries as an excuse because in NRL we have the lowest number of injuries of any club now.

NSW Cup seemed to fall apart when rumours went around that David Tangata-Toa was leaving the club.

At this rate we'll miss the finals in NSW Cup.
Ok that explains it. I was wondering wtf is going on with the NSW cup side. Theyre about to be out of the 8.

Tangata-Toa leaving explains it. Hes actually a gun coach. Has proved he can coach, and if Cirlado is pushing him out cause CC is a loser then well we r fucked. 4 more years of CCs delusional coaching and "my way of the highway " bullshit.

We legit dont know how to hold onto good coaches(gave cowboys their best assistant coach in Stevey G!), something deep within the club is rotten/cursed. Gus looks like he cant fix this unfortunately.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok that explains it. I was wondering wtf is going on with the NSW cup side. Theyre about to be out of the 8.

Tangata-Toa leaving explains it. Hes actually a gun coach. Has proved he can coach, and if Cirlado is pushing him out cause CC is a loser then well we r fucked. 4 more years of CCs delusional coaching and "my way of the highway " bullshit.

We legit dont know how to hold onto good coaches(gave cowboys their best assistant coach in Stevey G!), something deep within the club is rotten/cursed. Gus looks like he cant fix this unfortunately.
DTT may have gotten a better offer elsewhere

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score

They are 8th but the problem is only one game remaining till 5 team semis, still a rough chance to make semis but must beat Blacktown (Manly) & hope 2 other games go their way.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
From penthouse to outhouse. How to totally derail a happily progressing, winning team from where our back ups to f/g learn their craft.

We've now even lost the "but look how well Gus is doing with our lower grades".

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From penthouse to outhouse. How to totally derail a happily progressing, winning team from where our back ups to f/g learn their craft.

We've now even lost the "but look how well Gus is doing with our lower grades".
The most concerning thing for me is, how much movement players have had throughout the season. There doesn’t seem t9 be any rhyme or reason behind it. One minute Papalii was a mainstay fb in reggies, then he went back to lower grades. Same can be said for most players at the club in all grades. It’s the only time I’ve ever noticed so many players participating in several grades. Look at the team today, Damon Marshall is in there. Well, he probably deserves it from what I’ve seen of him but it’s just weird the amount of movement across all grades. Surely stability should be a high priority?! I lnow one thing that the most successful teams usually have is a stable lineup. Ours is all over the place and not just in first grade.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The most concerning thing for me is, how much movement players have had throughout the season. There doesn’t seem t9 be any rhyme or reason behind it. One minute Papalii was a mainstay fb in reggies, then he went back to lower grades. Same can be said for most players at the club in all grades. It’s the only time I’ve ever noticed so many players participating in several grades. Look at the team today, Damon Marshall is in there. Well, he probably deserves it from what I’ve seen of him but it’s just weird the amount of movement across all grades. Surely stability should be a high priority?! I lnow one thing that the most successful teams usually have is a stable lineup. Ours is all over the place and not just in first grade.
And then young players being put into Ron Massey \_(ツ)_/¯

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Morrin captain & back playing NSWCup today, maybe because if they win are a strong chance to make the semis if minor premiers Norths (Easts) beat the Raiders or Knights beat the Jets (Cronulla).
Hopefully Skelton in, better not be oks on the bench

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I bet if you compared every team from Flegg up (including RM) you would see vastly different team lists over the season.
Same last year - particularly with middle forwrads i asked some club staff about it - just said trying to give as many as possible an opportunity to stand out.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I bet if you compared every team from Flegg up (including RM) you would see vastly different team lists over the season.
How does that tie in with your worry about all the movement across our grades?

Wondering what @diddly (and the other guys who fill us in about lower grades) take is on the playing of the youngsters being put in to RM. Did they benefit mate do you feel?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
How does that tie in with your worry about all the movement across our grades?

Wondering what @diddly (and the other guys who fill us in about lower grades) take is on the playing of the youngsters being put in to RM. Did they benefit mate do you feel?
I havent seen enough games during the second half of the year to have any informed opinion - i get the reasonong behind it - might work for some players and not others - i would have thought that opposed sessions across the grades would get the same result without weakening teams.

Results wise it hasnt worked

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I havent seen enough games during the second half of the year to have any informed opinion - i get the reasonong behind it - might work for some players and not others - i would have thought that opposed sessions across the grades would get the same result without weakening teams.
Yeah hard to say. Someone thought it would be right on the night :grinning: heard the players weren't that fussed.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol this club is an embarrassment