News NRL watchability ratings: Ranking teams from 1 to 17 on star power, style and potential for drama

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BULLDOGS

CRAWLEY’S VERDICT:

If you aren’t at least a bit excited about Phil Gould’s Canterbury rebuild you’re living on a different planet to any league fan I speak to.

But the arrival of new coach Cameron Ciraldo along with Reed Mahoney and big Viliame Kikau has taken the anticipation this year up several notches, along with the return of local hero Josh Reynolds, and the potential of watching a young gun like Paul Alamoti blast on the scene.

And while it wasn’t great news hearing a calf injury will rule Tevita Pangai Jr out for the start of the season, it’s too early to get caught up in the negatives that came with their disappointing trial loss to the Sharks.

Of course, the added incentive watching the Dogs this year will be seeing if Gus succeeds or fails, depending on how you feel about the most polarising individual in the game’s history.

Bulldogs - Ranked: 8th
STAR POWER: 8/10
PLAYING STYLE: 4/10
BOX OFFICE APPEAL: 9/10
HEROES AND VILLAINS: 9.5/10
POTENTIAL FOR DRAMA: 9/10
JERSEYS: 8.5/10
TOTAL SCORE: 48/60
MOST POPULAR SUPERCOACH PLAYERS: Paul Alamoti 46%, Matt Burton 35%, Franklin Pele 26%

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Potential for Drama???

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
JAC, Burton, Mahoney Kikau, and maybe TPJ on a good day only stars we have.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Everyone seems to be missing that there's a rating for jerseys. WTF.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like Rothfields been using Crawleys computer again.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How could you possibly put a mark in for playing style already?
4 out of 10 under barret, but I seem to remember the media going nuts over potters implemented playing style... that's all they have to go by ATM.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
4 out of 10 under barret, but I seem to remember the media going nuts over potters implemented playing style... that's all they have to go by ATM.
I think they are purely basing it off the Sharks trial match which would be ludicrous. You just couldn't base any info off Tbaz, Potter and a massive roster change. Just dribble really lol

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
HEROES AND VILLAINS: 9.5/10....I love this stat. It's us against the boy and girls :grinning: If fan passion and loyalty counted towards premiership points the bulldogs would be Premiers every year!!! There is no one more loyal than a Bulldogs fan....That is my honest opinion.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That statement alone is ludicrous no one has seen our playing style under Ciraldo. I believe Ciraldo and the Dogs are up for the fight and will do us proud this season.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the "Drama" rating has something to do with the possibility of shit happening off the field...