NRL transfer news: Bulldogs close in on Panthers prop, Titans snare Warriors flyer

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He’s played only 23 nrl games... how can you bury a guys career at such an early stage.
I'm not, he's just not very good. We need to be buying top 13 quality player and not filling out the squad with more squad players.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
I'm not, he's just not very good. We need to be buying top 13 quality player and not filling out the squad with more squad players.
Why would any top players want to join the dogs? Serious question?
What is attractive about joining the bulldogs?
When your a wooden spoon team, you need to slowly build your way up slowly. Once we are a genuine top 8 team, better quality players will be keen to sign on.
Players want to make rep teams and play finals footy. We just are not anywhere near there for any top caliber players to want to play for us.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
When your a wooden spoon team, you need to slowly build your way up slowly. Once we are a genuine top 8 team, better quality players will be keen to sign on.
Players want to make rep teams and play finals footy. We just are not anywhere near there for any top caliber players to want to play for us.
We literally just signed Thompson and Cotric, Bateman also came out and pretty much said he would've signed for us if he was staying in Australia. JAC is also probably joining us.

The club is capable of attracting talent if they REALLY want to, I just wish we were more willing to splash extra cash on a genuine key players that alone would have a major impact on the squad instead of pissing around with these average squad signings. If Hetherington is on under 200k then okay, but I highly doubt he is an wouldn't be surprised if it is actually double that.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
They'd join because they'll get paid more money. Knights went from a team who got the wooden spoon three times in a row (either that or a year in between) and were able to recruit some of the best players in the game. Over two to three transfer windows there's no reason why we couldn't do the same. I'm not really a fan of paying overs for squad/average players personally.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
We literally just signed Thompson and Cotric, Bateman also came out and pretty much said he would've signed for us if he was staying in Australia. JAC is also probably joining us.

The club is capable of attracting talent if they REALLY want to, I just wish we were more willing to splash extra cash on a genuine key players that alone would have a major impact on the squad instead of pissing around with these average squad signings. If Hetherington is on under 200k then okay, but I highly doubt he is an wouldn't be surprised if it is actually double that.
That’s the thing, look how much we have to pay. You think Thompson is worth 800k fuk no!
And In regards to Bateman, great player but not worth a open check.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
They'd join because they'll get paid more money. Knights went from a team who got the wooden spoon three times in a row (either that or a year in between) and were able to recruit some of the best players in the game. Over two to three transfer windows there's no reason why we couldn't do the same. I'm not really a fan of paying overs for squad/average players personally.
They took a gamble on signing ponga on like 600k with only a couple of nrl starts to this name. It was a massive gamble that payed off.
The rest were rooster rejects and a massive over payed Klemmer.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’d buy Flanagan for his goal kicking alone
76% career stats thus far .. it’s not really that impressive

Nathan Cleary 83.68%
Adam Reynolds 82.68%
Jarrod Croker 80.28%
Cam Smith 75.32%
Mitchell Moses 76.71%
Kaylan Ponga 72.46%
Shaun Johnson 75.18%