Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Huh? Why don't you like castle?

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Where do I start, short version is she's just another Greenberg who pushes political type topics to tick all the boxes to climb the ladder. And it's about the only time you see her in the media I mean we've had Mbye, Klemmer, Jackson, etc poised on the verge for almost 9 months we don't know who is signed up until they run out in round one each year but we've heard all about her rebuilding netball NZ, her battles with alopecia, sitting with the fans buying one icreams or chocolates (luckily there was a photographer on hand to capture it all... How lucky!), how she doesn't want to play the female card etc etc now it's women in league......

Do you really think she gives two craps about them? No not really but it's a great thing to add to her resume and being the only female CEO she's in the best position to push it.

Now some on here blinded by blue and white glasses, political correctness or just being too stupid to think for themselves will say she's doing a great job pushing this topic..... Others will see she's as fake as her hair cut

I might sound harsh but fark its 4.06am & I can't sleep so I'm tired and cranky and have to get up shortly lol

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I couldn't give a crap if our CEO is pushing her own agenda to the media. We have va strong board that can hire someone else if they think she's putting herself first. As long as our team is winning I'll be happy. We moved on after Greenberg readily enough, if Castle decided its time to move on we will find someone else to fill her role and hopefully keep moving forward as a club.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Where do I start, short version is she's just another Greenberg who pushes political type topics to tick all the boxes to climb the ladder. And it's about the only time you see her in the media I mean we've had Mbye, Klemmer, Jackson, etc poised on the verge for almost 9 months we don't know who is signed up until they run out in round one each year but we've heard all about her rebuilding netball NZ, her battles with alopecia, sitting with the fans buying one icreams or chocolates (luckily there was a photographer on hand to capture it all... How lucky!), how she doesn't want to play the female card etc etc now it's women in league......

Do you really think she gives two craps about them? No not really but it's a great thing to add to her resume and being the only female CEO she's in the best position to push it.

Now some on here blinded by blue and white glasses, political correctness or just being too stupid to think for themselves will say she's doing a great job pushing this topic..... Others will see she's as fake as her hair cut

I might sound harsh but fark its 4.06am & I can't sleep so I'm tired and cranky and have to get up shortly lol
Who cares if she is fake? The club is in a strong financial position, has a strong board and Castle is effective at generating positive PR for the club. The club is doing well under her watch- i never get the castle hate.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
The job of a club's CEO should be to be the head of the club business and not head of the club team. Des Hasler is head of the team: Castle on the other hand is head of the Bulldogs business. Because that's what a CEO does.

Would you rather it if she trained with the boys and was put ahead of Lloyd Perrett this week on the extended bench?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have no idea how one could be upset with Castle on the basis of that article.

DreDre

Waterboy
Reaction score
She is an excellent CEO. Given the general way we as a club are treated by the media and at times the NRL we need someone who is good at the political stuff. The fact we only hear about her when it's a positive story is one of the best things that can happen for us. Her positivity reflects well on the Club, the board and the supporter base. That's her job. To make the club as attractive to corporate sponsors, possible staff and player recruitments by showing the front office is run well. If anyone is responsible for never making grand announcements about club recruitment strategies it's Dessie, but we all know that's the way he handles everything.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Doesnt the NRL already do a women in league round?

And a round where the players wear pink

Isnt the whole basis of equality picking the best person for the job, not picking based on gender

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Ha ha woman can vote at the club when they play first grade for the club...

That's old school - I like that he told her that story when she got the job.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't really like the self promoting stuff either.

The strength of the club financially has nothing to do with her, it is thanks to the leagues club who pretty much give us a grant of whatever we need (the football club generally makes a massive loss).

The stability of the board also has nothing to do with her, the board appoints the ceo not the other wsy around.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
She does bring positive publicity to the club which as we all know around here is like gold. She seems to have the corporate side of things nailed as well. Seems that's more of her area which is fine. I don't like a club that the CEO gets too involved with football decisions. That's why they have a coaching staff. The coaching staff should have control over football and CEO overall front office stuff like finances, corporate development and publicity.

When you get a footy guy running the club eg Penrith, Manly that's a slippery slope for old mates and jobs for the boys stuff. Also personnel past opinions of people can effect who is and is not signed. Having said that Hasler did bring over half his old staff and TREX with him to the Dogs didn't he? Well the new fitness guy seems to be doing his job at least.

Last edited:

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Never liked her never will .
I will never forget the Black Friday bullshit and that's just me .
She can jump for all I care.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yesterday was International Women's Day. Loads of organisations did something to mark the date. Triple J, for example, had all female presenters and played a lot of tracks that were for, about, or by women.

I'd suggest the NRL had at least a minor role in the presence of an article about and interviewing the only female CEO in the NRL.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
She is doing fine and the club seems stable plus to have a CEO who can keep up with Des and his wishes isn't an easy task...

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think too many on here only remember the Greenberg days, he was also a good one for throwing the book at supporters, a lot of the times unfairly with knee jerk reactions to media reports that were often found false or well off the mark..... Castle lost me for good last year with the whole Black Friday where she was more interested in coming out smelling like roses herself and hung Graham out to dry with no support and even gave him a public dressing down which was uncalled for

Would Bullfrog have let the NRL run rough shod over us like they did with Black Friday or the whole fine for the bell ringing incident on grand final day???? NO!

Look at the Roosters not backing down, the NRL wanted a minimum 12 weeks for Pearce the roosters said 6 he got 8 well short of the 12 the NRL wanted..... Had it been Castle she probably would have buckled straight away or sacked him

Look at manly refusing to buckle to the NRL over hoppa Snr even willing to take it to court ( we might not agree with him being there but they are willing to back their own)

They say a footy club is like a family? Well great family ours has become if you are accused wrongly instead of surrounding and supporting you the head of the "family" will drag you outside and publicly kick the shit out of you

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
She is doing fine and the club seems stable plus to have a CEO who can keep up with Des and his wishes isn't an easy task...
I think you said it stability is the key.. Imagine the forums in this place if we were one of those clubs that sacked their coach every 12 months..

Actual imagine the Bulldogs club if the kennel were it's CEO. We would be announcing a sacking every 32 seconds, and then this place would spin out even more leading to more sackings and it would become such a whirlpool or madness that it would spin itself into a black hole to an alternate universe...

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I think too many on here only remember the Greenberg days, he was also a good one for throwing the book at supporters, a lot of the times unfairly with knee jerk reactions to media reports that were often found false or well off the mark..... Castle lost me for good last year with the whole Black Friday where she was more interested in coming out smelling like roses herself and hung Graham out to dry with no support and even gave him a public dressing down which was uncalled for

Would Bullfrog have let the NRL run rough shod over us like they did with Black Friday or the whole fine for the bell ringing incident on grand final day???? NO!

Look at the Roosters not backing down, the NRL wanted a minimum 12 weeks for Pearce the roosters said 6 he got 8 well short of the 12 the NRL wanted..... Had it been Castle she probably would have buckled straight away

Look at manly refusing to buckle to the NRL over hoppa Snr even willing to take it to court ( we might not agree with him being there but they are willing to back their own)

They say a footy club is like a family? Well great family ours has become if you are accused wrongly instead of surrounding and supporting you the head of the "family" will drag you outside and publicly kick the shit out of you
I agree with you . To me she is useless

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Look at the Roosters not backing down, the NRL wanted a minimum 12 weeks for Pearce the roosters said 6 he got 8 well short of the 12 the NRL wanted..... Had it been Castle she probably would have buckled straight away or sacked him

You have to understand the NRL was threatening to dock points and other absurd punishments that you don't see players or coaching staff warranting as their punishments for off field behavior. It's a whole different situation when it becomes the crowd starting trouble, other sports do the same thing with unacceptable crowd behavior they dock or threaten to dock points.

What else could the club or Castle do? Not do what the NRL wanted at the time then have points docked and miss the finals? Sometimes you have to swallow your pride and do what's needed to keep the boss happy. Coping suspensions and the whole we are sorry thing rather than points docked is a much easier thing to deal with.

I don't think Graham or the club cared internally about some suspensions or saying we are sorry, they kept the NRL happy who have the final say...

With the whole bell wringing thing it, that was silly but the NRL probably weren't backing down from giving out the fine we most likely did try to fight it but once again the NRL have final say not us...

The CEO can only do so much when the NRL are the problem with their rulings and final say...

Even if Bullfrog was around do you really think he could over rule the NRL himself in today's world? Seriously think about it...

I think you said it stability is the key.. Imagine the forums in this place if we were one of those clubs that sacked their coach every 12 months..

Actual imagine the Bulldogs club if the kennel were it's CEO. We would be announcing a sacking every 32 seconds, and then this place would spin out even more leading to more sackings and it would become such a whirlpool or madness that it would spin itself into a black hole to an alternate universe...
Haha pretty much

Status
Not open for further replies.