News NRL set to grill Bulldogs over Jeremy Marshall-King HIA controversy

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simple. Look closely at the replay.

Trainer to the ref: "hey mate, he needs to go off for a HIA, just ask him what his goals are for the season."
Ref looking at JMK: "well?"
JMK to ref: "I'll be one of the best 5 hookers in the game."
Ref to trainer: "Yep, fckd in the head alright. HIA approved."

Truth.
hahahahahhahahahaha

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simple. Look closely at the replay.

Trainer to the ref: "hey mate, he needs to go off for a HIA, just ask him what his goals are for the season."
Ref looking at JMK: "well?"
JMK to ref: "I'll be one of the best 5 hookers in the game."
Ref to trainer: "Yep, fckd in the head alright. HIA approved."

Truth.
You win!

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
so is the issue that we were given a free interchange? when we had nobody left on the interchange bench? i dont understand what the problem is here. either Schoupp comes on with the interchanges we have left, or under an hia interchange. either way not like he came on and scored the match winner anyway. there was 10 to go and our team had been decimated. what if JMK couldnt continue due to his shoulder injury, is he supposed to stay out there because the nrl doesnt care about shoulders, only head knocks and player welfare only exists from the neck up?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know Hethro got sinned binned for repeated penalties for the team being offside, but are they serious.

I mean you have blatant off sides that happen repeatedly by teams to gain some sort of advantage and rightly so the ref should start sin binning, but our offsides were different. Most of them were offsides from the scrum whereby the attacking team takes it's time to take the ball out of the scrum and tricking the defence into moving forward. These refs have no common sense whatsoever, or is it only against us where they lose their common sense.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
How shocking that the NRL has decided to target us over something every club does.

Gus needs to go on the offensive and openly call them out on their double standards in the media.

No reason a player who injures a shoulder can't cop a head knock too. Even if JMK didn't, it would be impossible to prove, imo.

No way on earth we will lose 2 points, a fine is the worst they could do....and I think they'll find it very hard to justify it.....but still, us being singled out is annoying.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing will happen,

The really big thing they should be investigating is Hiku pretending he had a HIA at the death.
Luckily the ref asked the trainer "Is it a head knock" and the trainer said no but had the trainer said yes and he wasn't cramping i could imagine the sh*t wouldve hit the fan especially here in the kennel LMAO!

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So which coaches or players do the kennel want to sign to fix this?? [emoji23][emoji23]

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
when was the last time a player was sent off for a team being penalised for too many offside???

bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
when was the last time a player was sent off for a team being penalised for too many offside???

Us, last year, Jackson binned on I think the 3rd penalty of the game.

I honestly haven't seen another team cop it after a few offsides like we have at least twice.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Do you remember what I've said after the NO advertising for gambling stance by the club ?
Not only we've become a target by certain medias that sold their dignity and soul to the betting agencies, I also warned we will become a target for the corrupt referees and The National Rorts League...It doesn't surprise me we are in this predicament.
The game has become The Gamble Responsibly League !!!
In my honest opinion the game's administration for almost 3 decades have sold out the game to the gambling and TV industries.
Please don't tell me we need them because it's the other way around...
They need the hundreds of millions of not billions they benefit out of the game !!!
The saddest thing is those administrators do nothing but keep on changing the rules to speed up the game, again to suit the TV and gambling industries forgetting about the safety of the players.
How hard is it to allow bigger number of players on the bench to cover all positions, to be used on needs basis maximum 4 players more if there was concussions,
Hey they keep drumming on the need for players safety, does the knuckleheads real mean it ???
The NRL are poised to request a ‘please explain’ from Canterbury officials over the removal of Jeremy Marshall-King from the field in the dying minutes of the club’s 6-4 win over the Cowboys last Sunday night.

Marshall-King was taken from the field for a HIA with nine-minutes remaining in the Bulldogs two-point victory.
This was despite the Canterbury hooker clutching at his shoulder for more than sixty-seconds prior to the Bulldogs orange shirt trainer tapping his head; the signal to the sideline that Marshall-King be taken off for a HIA.

Only moments before his omission, Marshall-King appears to injure his right shoulder in attempting a diving tackle on Cowboys backrower Jeremiah Nanai with just over 10-minutes remaining in the tight contest.

Fox Sports commentator Steve Roach pointed out the injury by stating during the call: “Marshall-King with a shoulder injury by the looks of it.’’
Head caller Brenton Speed added: “You can hear what the home fans think. They think it’s a bit of gamesmanship here to slow this down.’’
Co-commentator Shane Flanagan then said: “Now he’s undergoing a HIA test.’’
“I thought he was clutching his shoulder?”, Roach then quipped.

The NRL are set to ask for a detailed explanation from the Bulldogs as to the actual reason for Marshall-King’s exit from the game.
It comes in the wake of Cowboys coach Todd Payten venting his frustration over the mount of stoppages in the game.
“Whether that (amount of stoppages) was deliberate on a couple of occasions I’m unsure, but certainly the game stopped when we had momentum more than a couple of times,” Payten said post-match.

NRL head of football Graham Annesley wouldn’t comment on the Marshall-King incident.
However, Annesley did explain the process of club’s being summoned to explain why they are not in breach of NRL rules related to the interchange of players.

“We review any head injuries or claimed head injuries, we review them all internally,’’ Annesley said.
“And then we will often seek further information from clubs before we decide whether our rules have been breached or not.
“That process can take more than one day, so that review process is still being followed through.’’
Marshall-King has been named to start at hooker against the Broncos on Sunday night.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
every other club does it, why cant we?
I’ll actually be more impressed if we pushed the limits even more than other clubs. Making sure we got that win was more important than any ramifications from rorting a HIA. It’s not like anyones health was put in jeopardy it was actually to opposite.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't put it past the ***** to use us as an example.

I'd just rest him this week to "prove" he was concussed. Win-win.
Hahaha.
Agreed!

Enter Cook and BBO.

In fact...why did it take so long for Barrett to put BBO in? He's from up there in Cairns. Would have had family at the game, our guys were failing to put thr gane to bed and the situation was begging for someone like him to bust the game open and put the result beyond doubt.

Instead, he waited for last 10mins.