I'm guna say what a great game lol

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Well guess what ? According to OP it was the NRL timekeeper who gave permission even though the Melbourne official protested about it.
You can be binned if it is deemed to be enough to have caused a greater problem and that player needs to cool off....#Obviously it can be up to discretion on the official onfield.

Sin Bin The #six main reasons for a player to be temporarily suspended for ten minutes are: 1. Repeated infringements 2. Professional Foul 3. Cooling off period for a player 4. Dissent 5. Striking 6. Foul Play* * Foul Play – A player will be sin binned for foul play in circumstances where, in the opinion of the Referee, the foul play does not warrant sending off, but is serious enough to place the player on report, and the player injured from the foul play is unlikely to take any further part in the game.
Walker didn't need a cooling off period. He wasn't doing anything wrong.

adamsapple

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Walker is out for 6 weeks
Would his injury make matters worse for Scott

I hope he gets atleast 5 weeks on the sideline only because i hate Melbourne

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Walker is out for 6 weeks
Would his injury make matters worse for Scott
It shouldn't.

But it did when Alex McKinnon was hurt, Jordan McLean got extra weeks because of the injury.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sutton would have said that wasn't a knock-on.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wasn’t Napa cleared by the MRC though?
Yep, but the video referee said is was foul play & they can put it in the bin. They don't know what the MRC are going to do during the game.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Yep, but the video referee said is was foul play & they can put it in the bin. They don't know what the MRC are going to do during the game.
Cleared by mrc after the game, indicating that it was an incorrect call by the ref on field

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Walker didn't need a cooling off period. He wasn't doing anything wrong.

What? So his usual grand effort of sledging accompanying the big cat grin on his face all game was fine and not ramping up the tension on field.

He did not like it one bit when it happened to him in that Penrith game after he had been at a Penrith player for the full 80.

There is no place in the game for sledging particularly sledging that garnered the response from the other player involved in the incident. Walker and Scott were separated by Hoffman and then Walker pushed his way back and shoved Scott, then grabbed him around the neck and shouted a string of insults at him....that to me looked a lot like inciting the response that came.......AND led to his stint in the bin to cool off and think about what he said and did and what followed...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-20/curtis-scott-sent-off-for-punching-dylan-walker-in-nrl/9780546

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What? So his usual grand effort of sledging accompanying the big cat grin on his face all game was fine and not ramping up the tension on field.

He did not like it one bit when it happened to him in that Penrith game after he had been at a Penrith player for the full 80.

There is no place in the game for sledging particularly sledging that garnered the response from the other player involved in the incident. Walker and Scott were separated by Hoffman and then Walker pushed his way back and shoved Scott, then grabbed him around the neck and shouted a string of insults at him....that to me looked a lot like inciting the response that came.......AND led to his stint in the bin to cool off and think about what he said and did and what followed...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-20/curtis-scott-sent-off-for-punching-dylan-walker-in-nrl/9780546
You're allowed to sledge. I have no issue with it. It's been in the game for 100 years.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why take a first grade game to an undeserved dump in the hills?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
If the video ref think it's a chargeable offence, but the MRC say it's not, isn't there an argument to say the video ref is getting way too involved and should be keeping his judgements to try scoring opportunities?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
There is no place in the game for sledging particularly sledging that garnered the response from the other player involved in the incident.
I hope this part was sarcastic.

Do you really want referees and the NRL in general to start policing what is said on the field? That would be absolutely ridiculous.

If grown men want to talk smack to each other on the field, then let them!

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope this part was sarcastic.

Do you really want referees and the NRL in general to start policing what is said on the field? That would be absolutely ridiculous.

If grown men want to talk smack to each other on the field, then let them!
then let them swing if they feel. the no punch rule has people out there talking reckless

Status
Not open for further replies.