News NRL players’ union seeks answers over Canterbury’s treatment of captain Raymond Faitala-Mariner

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes. Guy let’s nothing slide.
Without conflict,he is pointless. What can he whinge about, that the managers haven't thought about . . . Everyone gets a sling

Last edited:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
As long as RFM gets the money he is entitled to in his contract the RLPA cannot do a thing.

The RLPA cannot dictate where he trains or if he plays.
I doubt that the RLPA is interested. No doubt the reporter asked them what they are doing about it, and they simply said they were watching but had no concerns. This then becomes "The RLPA is watching the situation".

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
More damage done to our reputation by Gus and Ciro. The gifts that keep on giving.,
We don't know the full story, and we are unlikely to get it from the Daily Telegraph which is a sensation seeking rag.

RFM must have done more than simply pass on messages from players unhappy with training. The Bulldogs are doing the right thing by not discussing his situation in public, but I suspect that he has upset the club in a big way if they are happy to release him.

My thoughts are that he is now having some regrets for his actions and wants the club to forgive and forget.

The club prides itself on loyalty, and a player who has soiled his playbook by taking sides against the club will find it hard to get back into their good books.

The team needs to bank a few more wins this year, and can't afford a bad apple in the basket.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We don't know the full story, and we are unlikely to get it from the Daily Telegraph which is a sensation seeking rag.

RFM must have done more than simply pass on messages from players unhappy with training. The Bulldogs are doing the right thing by not discussing his situation in public, but I suspect that he has upset the club in a big way if they are happy to release him.

My thoughts are that he is now having some regrets for his actions and wants the club to forgive and forget.

The club prides itself on loyalty, and a player who has soiled his playbook by taking sides against the club will find it hard to get back into their good books.

The team needs to bank a few more wins this year, and can't afford a bad apple in the basket.
The story getting around is he didn't just pass on the message from players,
But he was influential negativity to some of the playing group.

He is also suspected of leaking misinformation to the media including buzz.

He is also proven to have leaked sensitive information to the media including buzz.

A club captain has to support the club, be in the clubs corner and help the club lead the squad in a positive way.

What Raymond has been doing is the complete opposite.

I think you are right,
He now understands his options are zero.

I can see us just settling with him and paying him out.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Most sensible comment thus far on the TK for this whole RFM fiasco.

No-one really knows what has happened, but clearly something has for it to end up like this.

Could also be something as simple as a clash of personalities between player and coach. No-one really knows.

Forming opinions based on content published by the DT and Phil Rothfield is pure madness. This outlet and journalist are known for causing trouble and publishing content that is simply not true.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol what answers...they are honoring his gold lotto contract. Fuck off RLPA

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Slow news day.... Need to generate clicks to meet quota in order to earn bonus

Simples

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Add that the club stuck by him through a serious injury and offered him an extension + club captain on top of that….the clubs reward is RFM discussing internal affairs with Buzz Rothfield… pretty low act imo.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

10 out of 10
Great post mate, you've absolutely nailed it,
While some of the Kennelers have their agendas and hate others are taking shots in the dark...
In the mean time Reed and fellow dribblers at The Daily Tellacrap continues their destabilising efforts trying to discredit two of the three great minds of the rebuild John Khoury and Gus Gould
( proven on junior levels success ) aiming to instill support to the possible new ticket of puppets.
From what I know, Faitala-Mariner doesn't deserve and shouldn't be at our club !!!

Last edited:

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Might be some type of welfare clause in there though Uleh
But if Gould doesn’t slander him in the media, which he hasn’t, I’d say the club is ok.

Iz going to be ugly becauae RFM can put his feet up two years and get paid 800 for it Uleh
Even if someone picks up the contract, why risk spinal injuries and concussion for the same money?
Guy will need a pay rise
No such thing as a welfare clause in industrial relations.

You have issues (mental or otherwise) then the employer is obliged to give you time off to sort yourself out and have some sort an Employee Assistance Program in place.

He has plenty of time off.

As long as he gets the money he is entitled to in his contract, he cannot sue.

The RLPA cannot dictate to a club how teams are coached or selected, it is just about money and entitlements.

Playing is not a right, it is earned on performances

Last edited:

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The RLPA receives $3 million from the NRL each year to run its operation, with $15 million set aside for the next five years under the proposed collective bargaining agreement.

Just one question Gene, are you that chick that pissed on the seat at Suncorp after an origin game a few years ago?

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did that cock Read really need to mention drug ban, again and again

Bloke got busted, served his time and now has a clean slate

Fuck off Read you germ
Sorry but you can't erase the past.
It's public knowledge that he got busted and was sanctioned. Reed has every right to mention it.

Think of it as a redemption story more than anything. Don't be so uptight. The media isn't always out to get us.