News NRL market watch: Cronulla Sharks agree player swap deal with Canterbury Bulldogs for Connor Tracey

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually said to Ciro today, Good luck with the good head aches.... There are at least 3 blokes vying for each position bar the starting props. Competition is rife this year round compared to last and will have NRL players playing reserve grade compared to last year's reserve graders playing NRL.
We are so winning reserve grade.....

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I didn’t rate Waddell over Curran. I said losing three forwards and gaining one doesn’t make us stronger. If you’re going to ridicule people; try to make sure you understand the points they are making.
The whole point mofo was the players coming in got us better in those positions. Fucktard Curran is lock backrow, why the fuck would you put 2 props into the equation. You want to keep throwing the agenda out there that his failed to recruit on those positions? But you don’t want to give praise for improving us in the other positions from fullback centre halves depths, back up hooker as much as you suck off park flange we actually have a backup 9. We have position depth everywhere except a starting prop(yet). We have more nrl experience which we lacked and nrl depth which we lacked. But hey you are right I don’t see improvement.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tracey is a good strike player and adds quality we have signed more than enough “role” players.
Be ironic if sharks use $ saved on Moylan and Tracey to knock off AFB.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think there's more to the Avo story than he has let on publicly, tbh. I don't think it was just about wanting to play under Bennet, I think it was about wanting to getaway from our coaches. If he doesn't think he can take his game to the next level under Ciraldo, and that was the role reason, it still begs the question why. Bennet is a great, but a little past his best, I'd say. Ciraldo is supposed to be one of the best young coaches in the game. he clearly hasn't lived up to the hype to this point.
Ciraldo actually gave him a pre season at one position and played him there consistently. No surprise he excelled. No chopping and changing, and he was able to form combos and reps. He probably finally had a breakout season due to Ciraldo. He went to shit again when he was switching between centre and fullback, after he had signed with the dolphins.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The whole point mofo was the players coming in got us better in those positions. Fucktard Curran is lock backrow, why the fuck would you put 2 props into the equation. You want to keep throwing the agenda out there that his failed to recruit on those positions? But you don’t want to give praise for improving us in the other positions from fullback centre halves depths, back up hooker as much as you suck off park flange we actually have a backup 9. We have position depth everywhere except a starting prop(yet). We have more nrl experience which we lacked and nrl depth which we lacked. But hey you are right I don’t see improvement.
You can make your points without being such a vulgar philistine, you know. Then again, your points aren’t very good, so maybe they need the extra garnish lololol

Thompson is probably suited more to backrow/ lock anyway, imo… and TPJ played more footy in the back row than at prop throughout his career. Having said that, I wasn’t comparing positions, I was making a point about our overall forward stocks. How can you say they have improved us when our one glaring weakness (our pack) is actually looking a bit weaker? It defies all logic.

Excuse me if I don’t sud my duds over us signing more utilities than we know what to do with and a bunch of outside backs, but they have weakened the one area in most need of improvement. Absolute madness.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can make your points without being such a vulgar philistine, you know. Then again, your points aren’t very good, so maybe they need the extra garnish lololol

Thompson is probably suited more to backrow/ lock anyway, imo… and TPJ played more footy in the back row than at prop throughout his career. Having said that, I wasn’t comparing positions, I was making a point about our overall forward stocks. How can you say they have improved us when our one glaring weakness (our pack) is actually looking a bit weaker? It defies all logic.

Excuse me if I don’t sud my duds over us signing more utilities than we know what to do with and a bunch of outside backs, but they have weakened the one area in most need of improvement. Absolute madness.
We are unable to sign SST so we sign an outside back.

Something in our backline has to give.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know how the team will line up. But our backline options and halves depth has benefited from a huge injection of quality. I don't care what the naysayers think. Our team will be better next year even if we don't pick up props.

Just look at it from a perspective of how many more players are going to stand between one of last season's least popular players (Perham) getting a start. There's tough choices now on 1-7 because we have more experienced choices.

Last season we had to throw far too many players in the deep end. We've been in that situation for years now. Some sank, a few swam. Those that sank aren't necessarily poor players. It's just tough expecting a youngster to make a difference when there are glaring deficiencies throughout the roster. We've really lacked quality halves, hooker, fullback and various guns in the backline for years. I think next year the club will put together a quality 1-7.

I'm happy with Tracey joining. You add the quality players that are available. If we see less overwhelmed youngsters thrown into the team next year I'll be happy. Hopefully we surprise the critics next year and jump out of the gates with some wins.
Really well said mate .. big picture vision … the word utility gets thrown around a lot … but a lot of those players only became utilities in the good systems they’ve come from because they had bigger named experienced players in front of them … I just call these new recruits quality competition for many different positions … opportunity for those that want it bad enough to get stuck in and earn it ..

Hoping we pick up a prop or two but regardless, 2024 is going to be an interesting season .. I’m hoping we’re tough, extremely competitive tight defence and in every game ..

I’m not for picking anyone for positions yet because aside from maybe one or two I think all positions are there for those who are going to earn it the most preseason ..

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score

**** face, we aren’t talking about where tpj played in this career or Thompson where he was suited in your opinion. The fuckers were props here. You love to twist shit to suit your narrative. It seems you have a lot of time to write your novel ever comment. Go back and read what I said fucktard, I said we have improved in the positions with the players we recruited, never said our pack is stronger even though Curran is a big improvement to lock, Waddell was no one. Tpj walked and Thompson was a myth and played fuck all games, so if we get 15 games out of his replacement then it’s an improvement.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
It's not rocket science, keep our best young players at all costs and recruit in key positions where we are lacking. Don't just let players go in order to sign like for like or inferior replacements in the same overstocked positions just so you can stroke your ego and put out a press release. If you want to talk about rebuilding pathways as your main objective, don't release good pathway prospects in order to sign outside backs after we've already just bought a bucket load of them. If you sign young players, give them every possible opportunity to succeed. Don't just lose faith at the first sign of hardship and try to fob them off.

You can call that having a sook, if you like. I just call it using common sense.
I didn’t read any of that shit, I just seen who liked your comment and it’s only your noon shadows. No cred there .

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great job by Gus and Ciro recuirting, I can see what is building :hearteyes:

Need some props for the cherry on top! :tearsofjoy:
I still see what we have doing better than many think!

We will be so much better in 2024!8-)

Go the doggies! Fark the pussies! :tearsofjoy::hearteyes:
Good post mate … seeing big picture here, having depth means a good group of players with a lot of 1st grade experience will play down a grade until they’re needed, there’s experience these players will be passing onto the younger blokes who’ve been missing that type of guidance, it’ll all come full circle as we edge closer to breeding our own as opposed to buying .. which is Gould’s plan towards long term sustained success ..

Gus knows what he’s doing .. it’s not his first rodeo … these clowns think they know better … but honestly their small minded thinking has actually become boring and a pathetic …

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
**** face, we aren’t talking about where tpj played in this career or Thompson where he was suited in your opinion. The fuckers were props here. You love to twist shit to suit your narrative. It seems you have a lot of time to write your novel ever comment. Go back and read what I said fucktard, I said we have improved in the positions with the players we recruited, never said our pack is stronger even though Curran is a big improvement to lock, Waddell was no one. Tpj walked and Thompson was a myth and played fuck all games, so if we get 15 games out of his replacement then it’s an improvement.
Who cares if the roster is getting weaker, huh? As long as we are strengthening certain positions (which is highly debatable, anyway). Take one step forward and three steps back… yippee, happy days.

I couldn’t care less if we are strengthening in certain positions. What I want to see is us improving and improving roster strength across the park, and we are seeing the exact opposite. So forgive me if I don’t throw Gus a tickertape parade for signing an average lock who had no other options.