News NRL market watch: Cronulla Sharks agree player swap deal with Canterbury Bulldogs for Connor Tracey

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Avo starts > Xerri.... and we literally just replaced Avo for a like for like replacement, while also parting ways with a promising pathways player for the privilege. If you think that's good management, you're living on space mountain lol
@Flanagun not sure about you I'm in no doubt, zero doubt, Tracey will be on more with us than Averillo at his new club. Gould confirmed last week Tracey was being chased by a couple of clubs. We should have kept Averillo from day one. We didn't rate him. Still someone has to come off the Top 30 for Tracey before the NRL can rubber stamp this. Cronulla are ushering a new era and have acknowledged an aging roster can only get them so far. I wouldn't judge a player on one career game or Ben Roberts for the game vs Lockyer makes him Immortal.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Averillo has made the best decision for his future. Whatever progression he has to develop will have more chance of coming out under uncle Wayne at the Dolphins. Than it would have playing cup with the Dogs.
No argument there....but that doesn't exactly make this a coup for the club, does it?

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we kept Averillo you wouldn't go after someone like Tracey, similar levels. I think depending on the details/salaries determines if it was a good "trade" or not.
Do you think letting Avo go had something to do with how shit we have been since he came into grade ?

Maybe Ciro can see that he is a bit too used to losing ??

The guys we are bringing in are all from winning clubs so hopefully we can change the culture and the next lot of youngsters come in to a different environment

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Having watched him play quite a bit (from his De La Salle Caringbah days) I believe Tracey is a better centre than fullback.

Always a Bulldog
Crichton is a better centre than Tracey and Tracey is a better fullback than Crichton

Enough with the musical chairs and experiments....Time to play the players in their best positions

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Crichton is a better centre than Tracey and Tracey is a better fullback than Crichton

Enough with the musical chairs and experiments....Time to play the players in their best positions
And Tracey best position is centre

Always a Bulldog

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What's the point on freeing up cap space if we are just going to waste the money on 100 utilities, centres and has beens from other clubs? We keep freeing up all this cap space and wasting it lol.

Tracey wouldn't come on chump change, anyway. Much better to keep a local junior who loved the club, and hold onto a promising young talent in the centres.... especially given all the crowing Gus does about pathways. He has proven his talk is just that.... any young gun at this club is expendable for a little instant gratification. As for Avo, I think the truth is they would have kept him if they could have. For some reason the local junior who had always pictured himself being a career dog no longer wanted to stay. Wonder why that is.

Gus and Ciraldo are running this club into the ground, fam. Dunno when you guys are going to wake up and smell the coffee.
and who exactly are we supposed to sign when we have to use 95% of the salary cap when there's fuckall available to sign on the market

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
"Crichton is a better centre than Tracey and Tracey is a better fullback than Crichton"

According to ..................

Always a Bulldog

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Its a great signing.

Kiraz may get pushed back out to the wing. Wilson on the other wing. Addo Carr to.....??
Kiraz is an out and out winger imo

1. Crichton
2. JAC
3. Xerri
4. Tracey
5. Kiraz

If Xerri isn't ready round 1 Kiraz fills in centre with Wilson on the wing

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
and who exactly are we supposed to sign when we have to use 95% of the salary cap when there's fuckall available to sign on the market
All the more reason to not let good young players go, wouldn't you say?

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Its a great signing.

Kiraz may get pushed back out to the wing. Wilson on the other wing. Addo Carr to.....??
I think parra are still favs to sign ado carr dk if it'll eventuate though

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All the more reason to not let good young players go, wouldn't you say?
but are they ready for first grade?
based on this season we needed more experience and depth in key positions so these young players can get more experience in flegg and nsw cup

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
but are they ready for first grade?
based on this season we needed more experience and depth in key positions so these young players can get more experience in flegg and nsw cup
I'm all for buying players if they are quality.... and Tracey is pretty good... but he's no upgrade on Avo....so we have essentially lost two players for one....one of them who is already first grade ready. That's not good business. Especially seeing as all the talk from Gus has focused on him playing the long game.

Cheng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm all for buying players if they are quality.... and Tracey is pretty good... but he's no upgrade on Avo....so we have essentially lost two players for one....one of them who is already first grade ready. That's not good business. Especially seeing as all the talk from Gus has focused on him playing the long game.
Have you ever tried playing poker?